• Likes 48

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's currently no way to do it in GX as both disc have the same titleID.
You can rename the folder name manually on your FAT32 partition, or edit the TitleID inside the loader (in list mode, display GameID and click it).
Though, GX is using this information for listing the games, checking covers, etc.

I recommend keeping only the disc you are currently playing.
Dump the second one when you need to swap disc.

I've read user's comment saying that some loaders are using "-2" or just "2" to recognize them.
[ID6]
[ID6-2]
[ID62]

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='d.d.d.']
ah, yes, maybe it's a cIOS problem.
I'm using v8 final on slot250 and I don't have the reloading problem.
I'm using IOS250 dol and my setting has slot250, it doesn't reload.

If you have v9, try with v8 final (in another slot of you want to keep your v9).

I guess it's not such a big deal for it to "loading ios 250, reloading 250 21008" but it's just strange so I thought it might be able to be remedied.

I'll try v9 but I'm going to wait a bit until v9 becomes closer to final or is finalized just to help ensure stability in my Wii. ;)

I am so confused...

Loading through the HBC, USBLGX loads without showing the "loading ios 250, reloading 250 21008" text AND it will load GC games without the "game is on SD, copy to SD or delete" message.

So I can use USBLGX via HBC as it should be able to but, if I launch via Wii system menu, I cannot.

As it works from HBC I thought maybe the channel was bad... I have uninstalled the USBLGX channel from the system menu and reinstalled the current one from their web site and still no good.

I really cannot figure this out or understand why it works from HBC but not from the sysmenu... ;_; What am I missing? Help please~

yatesl

Trophies
XP
Country
Paper Mario Thousand Year Door (NTSC) doesn't work on a 4.2 PAL Wii using r1191. It brings up a green screen after the DIOS MIOS splash, which is weird as it works perfectly fine in CFG USB.

Video Mode - Disc, Language - System, Interlace - Off, NMM etc. off. In CFG, video's set to "Auto", and it's fine. Games like Skies of Arcadia (NTSC) work find in GX.
That's why there is a 1193 mod02 available (3 posts above).
1191 and 1193 both have video mode problems (it auto-force progressive if you have component cable).
When I copied the new boot.dol in to the folder, USB GX wouldn't load up - Just a black screen.

Update: Scratch that. I put it in it's own folder, and it's loader. Weird, must be something in the original USB Loader GX folder that's conflicting with it. On good news, Paper Mario is working now. Nice one!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@d.d.d.
The channel or the forwarder?
The latest channel is compatible with DML only (it's version 3.0)

The forwarder & the channel are both using IOS58 to load, then when USBLoaderGX is loaded it reloads to the IOS slot you set in your config file (250).

If you run it from HBC it's using the latest dol with DM support (and not 3.0 with DML only), and it's using the IOS specified by the dol you are using.
Though, it's compatible with the meta.xml arguments, so you can set the IOS=250 in your meta.

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
@d.d.d.

The forwarder & the channel are both using IOS58 to load launch, then when USBLoaderGX is loaded it reloads to the IOS slot you set in your config file (250).

If you run it from HBC it's using the latest dol with DM support (and not 3.0 with DML only), and it's using the IOS specified by the dol you are using.

I saw that the forwarder never needs to be updated but I read that the channel is faster, so I chose the channel for speed originally. I didn't realize the channel was so very specific to the version of the program that it won't use the latest boot.dol even if it's in the apps folder. Sorry that I didn't realize the connection... It seems the forwarder is like a shortcut in Windows but it seemed like the channel was as well. On a technical level, why is the channel so specific to x-version?

Well, I installed the forwarder and it works flawlessly from the system menu (but I do see the difference in how the channel loads versus the forwarder - not a big deal but whenever the DM-usb compatable channel comes out I will switch back).

And, I really appreciate your help and patience. :)

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='d.d.d.']

The forwarder & the channel are both using IOS58 to load launch, then when USBLoaderGX is loaded it reloads to the IOS slot you set in your config file (250).

I saw that the forwarder never needs to be updated but I read that the channel is faster, so I chose the channel for speed originally. I didn't realize the channel was so very specific to the version of the program that it won't use the latest boot.dol even if it's in the apps folder. Sorry that I didn't realize the connection... It seems the forwarder is like a shortcut in Windows but it seemed like the channel was as well. On a technical level, why is the channel so specific to x-version?

Well, I installed the forwarder and it works flawlessly from the system menu (but I do see the difference in how the channel loads versus the forwarder - not a big deal but whenever the DM-usb compatable channel comes out I will switch back).

All you need to do is load the WAD file in customizemii & replace the boot.dol with the latest usbLgx that you like save or send to Wii if your in HBC & have WiFi connection.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The channel installs the homebrew directly in the NAND of your console.
To change the version of the loader, you need to reinstall another channel version using a Wad Manager, or using the "update" function inside the loader. Only released version are available for the channels, no beta.

Edit: or do like Kylster said to replace the dol in the wad file, and reinstall it.

The forwarder installs only a shortcut, which redirect to SD card or USB. (device:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol)
To change the version of the loader, you only need to change the boot.dol on the SD or USB. no need to use a wad manager to change the installed channel, and you can launch it from HBC too.
The advantage is that it's easier to test versions by using the forwarder as you can just replace the file on the sd card.

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Mod 2 has killed the 50 / 60hz selection screens for some games again for me (Resident Evil, Rogue 2). Mod1 worked well when forcing PAL 480p

tstwitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, need some help with some video issues with a PAL Wii running NTSC games.
A friend said they had some problems with their Wii running some newer games. It was previously softmodded by somebody else. The NTSC games worked no problems before.
I brought the Wii back to my place and the previous setup was,
WBFS drive, cIOS249Rev17 and running USB Loader GX r929 channel version.

Things I did,
1. reformatted drive from WBFS to FAT32,
2. update homebrew channel to 1.0.6 to 1.1.0, bootmii backup usual stuff.
3. Installed cIOS236 and then Priiloader 236 mod
4. Installed cIOS249[56]-d2x-v9-beta(r47).wad
5. Installed cIOS250[57]-d2x-v9-beta(r47).wad
and usbloader_gx V3.0 with the forwarder channel

At my place with Wii connected directly to TV, no issues with non-region games.

Get back to friends place, PAL games all OK, NTSC games come up with video signal not recognised. This all worked with previous softmod setup. I can't go directly to TV as it is an old flat screen monitor with only a single input.

The Wii is connected to a HD-DVD recorder via composite cable.

I tried on 1 game to force PAL50, PAL60 with no luck and then run out of time before I had to leave.

Now, looking at the GXGlobal.cfg for the GX 929 channel config the video settings are;
video = 0
vpatch = 0
The GXGameSettings.cfg was empty so no individual configs were done.
So it appears it was working before in default mode for everything.

Any help or suggestions here?
Hi bosman,
Your problems are interesting :) I don't have a solution for you, but I just thought I would inject, when I am modding multiple Wii's and copy the apps folder (CFG and GX), I found I got the "best" results by only using the composite cable for everything, as I found the constant switch within Homebrew apps between composite to component output to hose all sorts of settings. Your running pure composite cables so this is not an issue for you.

Just as an added note, when your doing D2X(7,8,9) setups I would load ALL the wads, as they work well all together for the loaders.

Question, did this guys Wii "used to" work on his old flat screen monitor ? With out of region games ? (aka Is it your most recent updates that broke the sytem ? Or is this a new setup and it just does not work ? There is absolutely NOTHING with going backwards if something got broke with your updates, I mean NOTHING wrong. I use CFG v70 all the time because newer versions have all there "fun" issues that break all sorts of stuff)

Is there a way you can remove the HD-PVR from the mix to just test ? sometimes having more hardware can create issues, sometimes not. My old Sony stereo would corrupt the ntsc signal as it flowed through the amp, so I had to give that up.

How it it in Config v70 ? Just for testing purposes. I have found Config v70 to fix lots of my video issues when displaying out of region games on the flipside (PAL games being displayed on an NTSC screen). GX IMO has had video issues for me, most notably "Heatseeker" PAL game being displayed on NTSC. Config v70r15 or r34 could really F stuff up with video and out of region displays. Also, in my travels the most recent GX version would setup default video = game and NOT default video = system. Totally don't know why, but whatever, more stuff to play with.

Good luck, hope things work out.

Reactions: 1 person

haiggoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm running on DIOS MIOS 2.0 update 4 with the newest USB Loader GX 3.0 rev1193_mod02.

Everything works just fine and I can run a lot more games than with rev1191 (where for example Windwaker and Metroid didn't work), but I thought I should let you know that I still have trouble with The Legend of Zelda Collerctor's Edition and the Windwaker Bonus Disk with Ocarina of Time & Master Quest.

I can get into the menu but once I select one of the games it crashes. I assume it has something to do with the fact that these both contain more than one regular game and therefore probably have a different file structure than normal games. But that's just what I'm guessing here, of course.

Edit: By they way I have a PAL Wii and I'm running these games on PAL.

Edit2: Bad news, I just realized that Star Wars; Rouge Leader gives me a black screen on rev1193_mod02, but it used to work on rev1191. Can't tell you about any of the in-between revisions though, as I didn't get a chance to test them.

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm running on DIOS MIOS 2.0 update 4 with the newest USB Loader GX 3.0 rev1193_mod02.

Everything works just fine and I can run a lot more games than with rev1191 (where for example Windwaker and Metroid didn't work), but I thought I should let you know that I still have trouble with The Legend of Zelda Collerctor's Edition and the Windwaker Bonus Disk with Ocarina of Time & Master Quest.

I can get into the menu but once I select one of the games it crashes. I assume it has something to do with the fact that these both contain more than one regular game and therefore probably have a different file structure than normal games. But that's just what I'm guessing here, of course.

Edit: By they way I have a PAL Wii and I'm running these games on PAL.

Edit2: Bad news, I just realized that Star Wars; Rouge Leader gives me a black screen on rev1193_mod02, but it used to work on rev1191. Can't tell you about any of the in-between revisions though, as I didn't get a chance to test them.

Zelda collection needs a disk in the drive.

Rogue Leader is one for me with Mod2 that does not show selection screen. Wait for a bit or try pressing A

monteno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
r1193 mod 2 fixed my green screen issue when loading PAL games via DML on NTSC Wii, with component cables in an old CRT :D.
Thank you usb loader gx team.

haiggoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Zelda collection needs a disk in the drive.

Rogue Leader is one for me with Mod2 that does not show selection screen. Wait for a bit or try pressing A

Thanks for the help, but unfortunately neither spamming the A button nor waiting for about 5 minutes would change anything the screen stays just black.

You were right about keeping a disk in the drive though, now both Zelda Collectors Edition and the Windwaker Bonus Disk are working again. Is there any chance this problem will be fixed in the future?

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi bosman, Your problems are interesting :) I don't have a solution for you, but I just thought I would inject, when I am modding multiple Wii's and copy the apps folder (CFG and GX), I found I got the "best" results by only using the composite cable for everything, as I found the constant switch within Homebrew apps between composite to component output to hose all sorts of settings. Your running pure composite cables so this is not an issue for you. Just as an added note, when your doing D2X(7,8,9) setups I would load ALL the wads, as they work well all together for the loaders. Question, did this guys Wii "used to" work on his old flat screen monitor ? With out of region games ? (aka Is it your most recent updates that broke the sytem ? Or is this a new setup and it just does not work ? There is absolutely NOTHING with going backwards if something got broke with your updates, I mean NOTHING wrong. I use CFG v70 all the time because newer versions have all there "fun" issues that break all sorts of stuff) Is there a way you can remove the HD-PVR from the mix to just test ? sometimes having more hardware can create issues, sometimes not. My old Sony stereo would corrupt the ntsc signal as it flowed through the amp, so I had to give that up. How it it in Config v70 ? Just for testing purposes. I have found Config v70 to fix lots of my video issues when displaying out of region games on the flipside (PAL games being displayed on an NTSC screen). GX IMO has had video issues for me, most notably "Heatseeker" PAL game being displayed on NTSC. Config v70r15 or r34 could really F stuff up with video and out of region displays. Also, in my travels the most recent GX version would setup default video = game and NOT default video = system. Totally don't know why, but whatever, more stuff to play with. Good luck, hope things work out.

Thanks foe the reply tstwitter.

Yes it used to work in the old setup connected to the HD-PVR using 249r17 and gx 929 channel and broke after I did the update.

I have a few things to test next time I'm there, thanks for the tips.
I didn't have time to try CFG or wiiflow but that might be other options.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit

Also, in my travels the most recent GX version would setup default video = game and NOT default video = system. Totally don't know why, but whatever, more stuff to play with. Good luck, hope things work out.

You were 100% spot on tstwitter... the GX 929 version setup would have system default for video and GX3.0 was using disc default. Changed to system default and all if working fine..
Thanks

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='d.d.d.']

All you need to do is load the WAD file in customizemii & replace the boot.dol with the latest usbLgx that you like save or send to Wii if your in HBC & have WiFi connection.
I tried customizemii and it seems really easy to update/replace the boot.dol into the channel wad... I might use it later but I have a strong feeling we're gonna be updating USBLGX and DM many times over the next few weeks so I think I'm gonna stay on the forwarder for now. Thanks for that though, I didn't know about customizemii.

The channel installs the homebrew directly in the NAND of your console.
To change the version of the loader, you need to reinstall another channel version using a Wad Manager, or using the "update" function inside the loader. Only released version are available for the channels, no beta.

Edit: or do like Kylster said to replace the dol in the wad file, and reinstall it.

The forwarder installs only a shortcut, which redirect to SD card or USB. (device:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol)
To change the version of the loader, you only need to change the boot.dol on the SD or USB. no need to use a wad manager to change the installed channel, and you can launch it from HBC too.
The advantage is that it's easier to test versions by using the forwarder as you can just replace the file on the sd card.

It seems like the channel is the exact same thing as the boot.dol but a copy of it to run from sysmenu so it launches directly instead of the shortcut which is a little slower.
Yeah everytime there was a new version of usblgx I would just drop it into the apps folder but I guess I was never getting the updates as I had the old channel.

Thanks again guys! ^_^

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mod 2 has killed the 50 / 60hz selection screens for some games again for me (Resident Evil, Rogue 2). Mod1 worked well when forcing PAL 480p
That is the main change in Mod02.
in my post, I explained that you needed to enable "DML Progressive Patch" if you didn't see video when forcing 480p.

Here how it's working:

On a real GameCube:
When you boot games, it switch off to 576i (PAL 50Hz) or 480i (NTSC) automatically so it works on ALL Tv.
When you see the selection screen and select 60Hz, it re-switch the signal to 480i (PAL60Hz) or 480p

With USBLoader GX r1193 mod01 and less:
1. If you had a component cable and was in 480p video mode on your Wii, it automatically applied a patch to "force the game to stay in 480p video mode" to prevent the games from switching the signal back to 50Hz or 480i on boot.
The patch was forcing 480p video mode to EVERY games, even games not compatible with 480p. That's why you had games not working at all or displayed incorrectly (Mario Sunshine and the green bar at the bottom).

2. You had an option to "force interlace".
That option didn't really force interlace, as the game was still displayed in 480p.
It only disabled the "Prevent games from leaving 480p" patch.

But of course, users don't understand that they NEED to change options for some games, so they reported games as not working :O

With USBLoader GX 1193 mod02:
1. As users just like to use default settings and hope that everything work magically, I disabled the "force 480p" patch if you have component cable, so the default option just boot the game as it would on a real GameCube (meaning it switch to 50Hz to display the selection screen, and then switch back to 480i 60hz / 480p).

2. If you force a game to use PAL 480p or NTSC 480p, the video sent to the TV is 480p, but the game still display the selection screen in 50Hz/480i like it should, so you don't see any picture on screen, as the TV doesn't match the received video mode from the console. (I need to check that better, don't take that for the correct explanation)

To fix the "no video displayed", you NOW need to force the game to send its video signal into 480p too, to match the TV mode.

3. I replaced the "force interlace" to "DML Progressive Patch". (instead of disabling progressive, you now need to enable it!)

Advantage of the new method:
- It doesn't force 480p if you have component, even if you use a different mode (Force PAL50 for example).
- The new "DML Progressive Patch" menu name has more sense in my opinion than "Force interlace", as it's patching the progressive mode when you force 480p, and it didn't force interlace as games were still displayed in 480p when enabling this option.

Reactions: 2 people

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's currently no way to do it in GX as both disc have the same titleID.
You can rename the folder name manually on your FAT32 partition, or edit the TitleID inside the loader (in list mode, display GameID and click it).
Though, GX is using this information for listing the games, checking covers, etc.

I recommend keeping only the disc you are currently playing.
Dump the second one when you need to swap disc.

I've read user's comment saying that some loaders are using "-2" or just "2" to recognize them.
[ID6]
[ID6-2]
[ID62]

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
For some strange reason when I went to 1911 and up GX won't remember any of my settings anymore. I tried deleting and re-moving it to both SD and USB but it forgets custom paths and other setting as soon as I reboot.

Am I the only one having this problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...