• Replies 29,363
  • Likes 48

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i haven't done that. i thought the loader could load .gcm and .iso files straight up? how do i go about converting to dml format? i can do this on a mac or will i have to go to my window?

You use discex which is availble on the dml google code page, which is a windows program. You drag/drop your isos/pirated gcms on the executable and it spits it out in dml format. I know of no mac program.
He was half right, DM/DML can read uncompressed GC games too, but they must be called game.iso. For gcm you can just rename it to iso.

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im noticing a problem with r1191. Okami isn't displaying properly. The title is just "kami" probably because of the weird O character, problem is it won't rename everytime I go to change it it just changes back when I open the app again

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's not only with r1191, it's if you are using the system front (the official from your Wii), which doesn't have the Ō.

Renaming the game should work. Maybe a cache problem.

Conmore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I allowed launching Gamecube games from USB (to work with DIOS MIOS).
I didn't change anything else in the code than adding a button to launch from USB instead of copying to SD first.

USB Loader GX r1191 with DM support.

Usage:
1. of course, Install Dios Mios ;)
2. If you don't have it yet, set the "GC Main Path" on USB:/games/ and place your game's folder inside. (You need a FAT32 partition, not NTFS).
3. If you have both games on SD and USB, delete/rename/move the folder from SD, as it will be used in priority and DM won't work.
:blank: :arrow: The games should be located in folders like this : USB:/games/game name[ID6]/game.iso
:blank: rename only the blue part, or just dump your original game with USB Loader GX and it will create the correct folder.
4. Run the game and select "Launch from USB".

I guess you could also set the "GC SD path" to USB, but I didn't test that yet.
It was just a very quick update to prevent copying to SD before launching.
Let me know if games are working with other loaders which aren't from USBloader GX.

Thanks to Dimok too, it was easy to add USB ;)
That made my Gamecube Games show up, but now I get a menu saying "These games are USB. Copy or Delete GC Games on SD" or something of that magnitude. What should I do?

MrKill

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to install a GCOS MultiGame DVD with 5 game cubes game on it. But it will only install the "menu" cause it give me a 24ko.gcm when i compress it. Probably the menu with the game. What could i do?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That made my Gamecube Games show up, but now I get a menu saying "These games are USB. Copy or Delete GC Games on SD" or something of that magnitude. What should I do?
Did you use the correct boot.dol version and launched it with HBC or the forwarder (UNEO)? It doesn't work with the channel (UNLR)
Wait for the next beta (in few min/hours), it will be even easier (no message if all is correct).

I'm trying to install a GCOS MultiGame DVD with 5 game cubes game on it. But it will only install the "menu" cause it give me a 24ko.gcm when i compress it. Probably the menu with the game. What could i do?
Maybe it's an old GCOS multigame iso, the old one used a different TitleID and is unsupported.

With the more recent GCOS, USBLoader shows you a list of games present on the disc.
With the old GCOS, USBLoader just make a dump of the full Disc as if it was a single game.

Your solution is to extract these ISO with MultiGame ISO Creator 3.5.4F+
In "extraction mode" it loads only iso, so you need to make an iso of your disc first.

Edit:
Here is the latest beta, so I don't have any more complain about "the message asking to copy to SD is still here" ;)
USB Loader GX r1193 with DM(L) detection.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
humm, I would like to tell you "I don't know" :P
but, it's not a good way to act

The problem should be that Wiitdb game info from the xml is still used instead of the renamed title from the disk and cache.

you can check the "Force Title Drom Disc" setting, it should be OFF.
The cache should store the renamed game title the same time you rename the game physically. If the cache is not refreshed, then the game is renamed on the disc, but you don't see it.
You can try to disable the cache setting (it's somewhere in the settings), reboot, re-enable, reboot. (or delete it manually from the SD or USB)

There is maybe really a renaming problem.
another thing I need to verify.

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
Edit:
Here is the latest beta, so I don't have any more complain about "the message asking to copy to SD is still here" ;)
USB Loader GX r1193 with DM(L) detection.

Hey Cyan, sorry for the ignorance but, if I use the IOS250 (or which ever of the 3), that means that USBLGX will load using IOS250 right? What does that mean or do specifically? Does it automatically set the global loading to IOS250 for all games or something else?
Thanks! :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, it's only the IOS used to access the setting.

Before reading the setting, the loader can't know which IOS slot YOU want to use for your main IOS.
So it use a slot that we chose (222, 249 or 250) to load the loader and access USB/SD, once the loader have access to SD/USB it can read the config, then it check if YOUR IOS slot choice is the same as the one currently used (222, 249 or 250), if not it reloads to YOUR main IOS.

If there is no setting (first launch), it will use IOS249 as default "Main IOS".

you can check our Wiki for more detailed information.
What's the difference between IOS version of the dol ?

xtoad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all, I'm relatively new to the Wii scene and have reading, installing and messing around... No problem softmodding and I have managed to get backups and emunand going (DM(L) is not an option cuz bought a new blk Wii (stupid me for not doing any pre-study...)
Anyway, I have been trying USBcfg, Wiiflow-mod, and USBloaderGX and have decided I like GX. The only feature I am missing is loading Wii games from SD... I don't think it's possible with GX, will it ever be added? This feature means, for me, I would only need GX...

A few questions about emunand: 1) Is it mainly used so as to not use the real nand and possibly mess things up? and/or because the wii nand will quickly run out of space? 2) The appears to be no actual compatibility list for games but in my experience (and a few searches) compatibility is so so, at best? From what I gather this has to do with d2x and is not likely to be fixed... I guess the alternative is to install such games to real nand?

Thanks for your work and reply!

haiggoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This probably isn't helpful, but seriously why would you want to load Wii games from SD? Don't you have a USB-Stick? They're really cheap nowadays. Big SD cards aren't on the other hand. Just saying...

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great job with the quick updates btw, GX is my loader of choice and its nice to see a new revision so fast after DM launches.

On that note, I'm having a couple of issues, but I think I've figured them out, just wanna check if anyone else knows better.

1) Haven't been able to use the EmuNand function to launch VC/WiiWare games yet. I created a NAND with ModMii and installed a butt ton of wads into it. Confusing thing is, it works fine with the EmuNand save option (albeit a little slow to boot, but thats going to happen with any emunand, correct?), and I can see all the EmuNand channels, but they all black screen from GX. It's a UNEEK + DI nand, and they launch fine from neek2o, but I just want to make sure I'm not skipping a simple step before I make my own dump through USBLGX.

2) Can't seem to get the USB to mount from port 0, only port 1. Is this common? I seem to remember this being the port that only worked for GX a while ago, but with DM out and it mainly looking to Port 0, I was hoping to mount from that port. I haven't been able to get DM working yet through other means, but admittedly I haven't tested very thoroughly. (I only ripped my copy of Rogue Leader using GX to the HDD, and it Black screens, but it at least shows up in the games menu. DM Booter code dumps when I try to change devices, so this could be something unrelated to GX entirely.)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can pitch in their two cents, I'm night shift this week so I wont be doing much more testing with these issues until Saturday.

xtoad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This probably isn't helpful, but seriously why would you want to load Wii games from SD? Don't you have a USB-Stick? They're really cheap nowadays. Big SD cards aren't on the other hand. Just saying...

Thx for your reply. :) I do have an ext HD as well as a few USB sticks and all good. I also have a 8G SD that has enough room for a 'few' games... Or more if it is games like Wii Sports etc... Not a huge issue just convenience to maximize my use of space. Also that Wiiflow-mod and USBcfg can do it... USBcfg has better compatibility with SD launching in my exp... I guess basically GX would be my one stop shop for my purposes...

Great job with the quick updates btw, GX is my loader of choice and its nice to see a new revision so fast after DM launches.

On that note, I'm having a couple of issues, but I think I've figured them out, just wanna check if anyone else knows better.

1) Haven't been able to use the EmuNand function to launch VC/WiiWare games yet. I created a NAND with ModMii and installed a butt ton of wads into it. Confusing thing is, it works fine with the EmuNand save option (albeit a little slow to boot, but thats going to happen with any emunand, correct?), and I can see all the EmuNand channels, but they all black screen from GX. It's a UNEEK + DI nand, and they launch fine from neek2o, but I just want to make sure I'm not skipping a simple step before I make my own dump through USBLGX.

2) Can't seem to get the USB to mount from port 0, only port 1. Is this common? I seem to remember this being the port that only worked for GX a while ago, but with DM out and it mainly looking to Port 0, I was hoping to mount from that port. I haven't been able to get DM working yet through other means, but admittedly I haven't tested very thoroughly. (I only ripped my copy of Rogue Leader using GX to the HDD, and it Black screens, but it at least shows up in the games menu. DM Booter code dumps when I try to change devices, so this could be something unrelated to GX entirely.)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can pitch in their two cents, I'm night shift this week so I wont be doing much more testing with these issues until Saturday.

I am a bit of a newb, but I think I can help... If I'm wrong, someone please correct me...

1) Try dumping your NAND from within GX and installing your wads from there as well... I believe that Uneek/neek2o business is a bit different and won't work with GX... Though, like I said above, the VC/Wiiware compatibility is not too good with GX, It seems neek2o has great compatibility. I have installed 8-10 games through GX and have had several not work (though they work if installed to real nand.

2) In the settings, there is an option to mount multiple partitions, as well as USB ports 0/1/Both... Works for me for emunand/wii games on HD and more on a second USB stick. I believe you need a newer d2x version installed (can someone confirm).

Hope it helps. :)

Ahrimhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
2) In the settings, there is an option to mount multiple partitions, as well as USB ports 0/1/Both... Works for me for emunand/wii games on HD and more on a second USB stick. I believe you need a newer d2x version installed (can someone confirm).
it has to be d2x v9 (or higher...but there is nothing higher yet) and i think its base has to be 58 as thats the only ios with usb0 support...it worked for me that way but base 58 seemed a bit unreliable to me so i switched back to 56 (which does not have usb0 support)...

RiPPn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it has to be d2x v9 (or higher...but there is nothing higher yet) and i think its base has to be 58 as thats the only ios with usb0 support...it worked for me that way but base 58 seemed a bit unreliable to me so i switched back to 56 (which does not have usb0 support)...

Where can I get the latest d2x builds? I'm still using v9 beta 49.

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
no, it's only the IOS used to access the setting. Before reading the setting, the loader can't know which IOS slot YOU want to use for your main IOS. So it use a slot that we chose (222, 249 or 250) to load the loader and access USB/SD, once the loader have access to SD/USB it can read the config, then it check if YOUR IOS slot choice is the same as the one currently used (222, 249 or 250), if not it reloads to YOUR main IOS. If there is no setting (first launch), it will use IOS249 as default "Main IOS". you can check our Wiki for more detailed information. What's the difference between IOS version of the dol ?

Okay I think* I understand it... The one thing that I'm unsure on from the link, "By using a "IOS slot number" matching the IOS you defined in your User's Settings, you prevent the 2 seconds reloading delay and it speeds the booting process." I have the loader set to 250 and am using the 250-set boot.dol but when it loads the IOS, it says "loading IOS250>>> reloading IOS250 21008", and then loads into USBLGX's main menu.
It does take about 2 seconds (maybe) for that. In the menu, should I type out "250 21008" for the IOS??? Will that make it skip that reloading part?

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Try dumping your NAND from within GX and installing your wads from there as well... I believe that Uneek/neek2o business is a bit different and won't work with GX... Though, like I said above, the VC/Wiiware compatibility is not too good with GX, It seems neek2o has great compatibility. I have installed 8-10 games through GX and have had several not work (though they work if installed to real nand.

Thanks, yeah I read that about *neek dumps, just wanted to be sure there was nothing more I could do. Do GX dumps work ok with *neek? I'd like to have everything load through GX, and whatever won't load properly I'll just neek2o into it.

Damn, thats the issue right there. I've got v9beta49Fix, base 56. What about it was unreliable?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
d2x r49 is already the latest revision, there's no other available.

@[member='d.d.d.']
thanks for the info on the reloading part.
Someone else reported the problem but never cared to give me details.

Your IOS in the setting is correctly set to 249?
You only need to put the slot number, not the version.

so it always try to reload to 250?
This is very weird. if you try to boot with the 222, it reloads to 250 too? or 223?
IOS+1 maybe?

I'll have to verify the code.

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
d2x r49 is already the latest revision, there's no other available.

@[member='d.d.d.']
thanks for the info on the reloading part.
Someone else reported the problem but never cared to give me details.

Your IOS in the setting is correctly set to 249?
You only need to put the slot number, not the version.

so it always try to reload to 250?
This is very weird. if you try to boot with the 222, it reloads to 250 too? or 223?
IOS+1 maybe?

I'll have to verify the code.

Sorry Cyan, I was rushing when typing (but my usblgx wad and boot set were matching). Previously I was using the usblgx r1191 250-set wad and had the loader set to use 250, and it still would do the "loading IOS 250, reloading in 250 21008" with the 2 second delay.
I am now using the usblgx r1193 249-set wad and have the loader set to use 249 and it still gives me the same reload situation; loading the set IOS 249, then reloads into 249 21008. Maybe this is a dx2 issue??
I'll try setting the boot to 222 and using the 222-set wad and see what happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30