• Views 7,170,429
  • Replies 29,364
  • Likes 48

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just installed revision 1154 and 1155 beta, and cios d2x 8 final, and usb loader says it cant find my ntfs or fat hard drive.. yet cfg loader has no problem finding it.. any ideas whats wrong?

funtomas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have had a problem with my disk. I lost all my wbfs files in all games that are larger than 4GB. All this first wbfs was with 0B capacity. Second part of wbf1 was not affected.

I dont want to say it is usb loader gx problem I connected this disk to other devices.

I have decided from security reason to set for all files in WBFS directory read-only attributes.
I have set for all files in WBFS directory READ-ONLY attributes and GX doesn’t want run games. Why? Is GX writing something to this wbfs files?

I am using 1TB disk with FAT32. And now GX rev. 1155.

sorry for my english

hvy109

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I install a game from disc using USB Loader GX's install feature, is only the game partition installed or are channel partitions also preserved? I know the update partition is ignored, but not sure about "channel" or "other" partitions.

If you can answer and want to go for bonus: is this typical of most loaders?
This option is configurable in Hard Drive Settings:

Install Partitions:
1) Only Game Partition (by default)
2) All Partitions
3) Remove Update

As far as I know, CFG USB Loader has also this option.

Greetings!

Reactions: 1 person

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I install a game from disc using USB Loader GX's install feature, is only the game partition installed or are channel partitions also preserved? I know the update partition is ignored, but not sure about "channel" or "other" partitions.

If you can answer and want to go for bonus: is this typical of most loaders?
This option is configurable in Hard Drive Settings:

Install Partitions:
1) Only Game Partition (by default)
2) All Partitions
3) Remove Update

As far as I know, CFG USB Loader has also this option.

Greetings!

Excellent!
I actually thought that option was to specify which partition of your HDD you wanted to install new games to.
I should have clicked on it to see the options and then I would have known.

Thanks for the answer.

monteno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
rcaoknn4.png

:blink: I found this screenshot from a unknow revision, someone knows if it is compiled? ;)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This beta is almost ready, I guess I'll be testing and debugging it this weekend.
Where did you find that screen ? I guess on IRC as it's not posted on the issue thread yet.

Here is another one :
dx9wexds.png

The highlight around the channel is working.

The banners are working for gamecube games too :
z7ic5qqg.png

Mr. Prince

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Can somene help me with this? USB loader GX's default theme doesn't fit my TV (cropped), but other themes are not cropped, is there any way to fix this?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This beta is almost ready, I guess I'll be testing and debugging it this weekend.
Where did you find that screen ? I guess on IRC as it's not posted on the issue thread yet.
Game icons menu! (Besides banner support)
That is just unbelievable.
This will be the definitive Wii backup loader.
One loader to rule them all.

I await eagerly :grog:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks! BTW does r1155 support DML?
Yes.
I still havent try DML, but other users said it worked fine.
Use the "Game/Channel" icon at the top of the loader to select the origin of the titles (Wii/GC(DML)/Channel/Emunand)

I'll have to install DML to test and debug the new features of USBloaderGX myself.

I'm sure DML support will be improved in the loader (ocarina for example) now that Crediar added user defined folder instead of hardcoded path.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Cyan that's the screen I posted on the issue thread for the 2D grid. I didn't post the two in your post above anywhere outside IRC though but oh well.

As I said before in the beta issue thread, even though the feature is almost ready now it will not be released yet until pune and I are done with that other thing ;P. It would be great though if you could start testing the loader stuff though when I am done implementing it :).

Mr. Prince

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hope DML get's officailly supported!

Sorry for posting problems, but when I return to the default theme, USB loader GX freezes!

Never mind, I went to loader settings and found out that the "Return to" option was to some numbers, so I changed it to USB loader GX's forwarder channel and then tried to install the default theme and it woked!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4