• Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

Giever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, clicking any of them in the "Custom Paths" was fine. I talked about the "Update Path", as it's the one that should be where the loader is located "sd:/apps/usbloader_gx/".

How many partitions do you have on your HDD? which formats are they? and which capacity is your drive ? (3TB+ with 4k sectors?)
Is it connected to the slot0 (near the edge) or slot1?

When I go to the "Custom Paths" and click on any entry, I have a middle-bottom button.
It's listing the next available device or partition number. If I'm currently on SD, it's listing usb1:/, if I click on it, it shows the content of USB1:/ (fat32) partition so I can browse the path and select one.

You can also write the path manually by clicking the folder icon here:

If you can't select an entry to edit, maybe it's because it couldn't create or can't access the GXGlobal.cfg file.
if all entries are listed as usb8:/ then it's because it didn't find any device to write the configs to, and stayed on the last tested partition number (we are testing SD, then usb partition 1 to 8 to find a write enabled partition, FAT32/NTFS/ext234)

Do you have any GXGlobal.cfg created on any of your parititons or sd ?

Could you try WiiXplorer homebrew and try to list all partitions and device's content? tell me if it's working with Wiixplorer.
When I click on the Update Path it just says Error, it doesn't go to any other window other than the error message, which I then have to click OK to get out of. I don't get into a folder structure like in your screenshot, and I can't find anyway to switch from (apparently) usb8 to sd.

My drive only has one partition, which is WBFS. As far as I'm aware, it shouldn't have anything else, as I entirely formatted it into WBFS to test this (and it was like that before, too). My drive is 250GB. It's connected to slot 0, near the edge of the Wii.

I don't see how I could have GXGlobal.cfg created anywhere, at least, in the first run since the format, considering both the SD and USB drive had been entirely cleaned. I'm not really sure how WiiXplorer works, but I guess I'll give it a try since I don't appear to have any other options. Thanks for your help so far.
Hey, so I finally tried this again and put WiiXplorer on my SD card. I'm a bit confused on how I'm supposed to even use the program, but I tried it anyway. According to some site I checked, it's supposed to show your SD card and files/folders by default. And in the top it DOES say "sd:/" but there's absolutely nothing listed in the box below. Also I don't see anyway to check my USB drive or its partitions. So, I pretty much have no idea what that means or how to use WiiXplorer to check for these things, I guess.

You probably don't remember what my issue was, so hopefully quoting your post helps. The reason this took me so damn long is because it's been such a gigantic pain in the ass and nothing I have tried no matter what anyone has suggested has worked, and a few months ago wasn't the first time I asked about it either. -_- So, anyway, yeah. Either I'm not understanding something about WiiXplorer, or something is fucked and I don't know what.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, when i trying to play mario kart but i get a "Exception (DSI) occurred" error. i have the latest d2x installed. why am i getting this error and why isn't it not playing the game? im on 4.3

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, so I finally tried this again and put WiiXplorer on my SD card. I'm a bit confused on how I'm supposed to even use the program, but I tried it anyway. According to some site I checked, it's supposed to show your SD card and files/folders by default. And in the top it DOES say "sd:/" but there's absolutely nothing listed in the box below. Also I don't see anyway to check my USB drive or its partitions. So, I pretty much have no idea what that means or how to use WiiXplorer to check for these things, I guess.

You probably don't remember what my issue was, so hopefully quoting your post helps. The reason this took me so damn long is because it's been such a gigantic pain in the ass and nothing I have tried no matter what anyone has suggested has worked, and a few months ago wasn't the first time I asked about it either. -_- So, anyway, yeah. Either I'm not understanding something about WiiXplorer, or something is fucked and I don't know what.

hi,
it's been a long time yeah.

did you try updating everything to the last current version?
the cIOS (use d2x v8) : install d2x cIOS v21008 base 56 in slot 249, and d2x cIOS v21008 base 57 in slot 250.
the homebrew channel (v1.1.0)
the loader (USBloaderGX v2.3 or beta v1156)

did you try another SD card? (different manufacturer & capacity)
It's not normal that HBC can see your card's content, but other homebrew can't.
Did you try other homebrew ? (emulators, WiiMC, etc.)

It's normal that WiixPlorer don't see the USB drive if it's a WBFS partition.
But it should list all the SD card's content.

hi guys, when i trying to play mario kart but i get a "Exception (DSI) occurred" error. i have the latest d2x installed. why am i getting this error and why isn't it not playing the game? im on 4.3
When and where do you have this error?
When clicking on the game (before seeing the spinning disc)?
when launching the game?
Which version of USBloaderGX are you using?
Is it the only game which make the loader crash?
Did you try to delete the config files on the SD card? (it contains game settings, which is maybe corrupted)
which format is your HDD? WBFS, FAT32 or NTFS?
Did you try re-dumping the game?

You know, for better and efficient bug report, you should try to eliminate possibilities by testing different things.
Edit: Oh, and NEVER make a bug report saying "I'm using the LASTEST version". It's not helpful at all, as:
- There are multiple "latest" depending on retail or beta version.
- Version can be released everyday, and the Latest you are using might not be the latest anymore.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, additional info don't hurt.
Loader and d2x version?
Do the other games work?
Can you play MK with a different loader?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

WiiXplorer is the most intuitive thing in the world to use, and one of the most useful homebrew programs ever. Indeed, you should see the contents of your SD card, by default, so it sounds like there is something wrong with your SD card or your system. I assume you can see the contents of your SD card in your computer through a card reader without issues?

doveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the cIOS (use d2x v8) : install d2x cIOS v21008 base 56 in slot 249, and d2x cIOS v21008 base 57 in slot 250.

I tried WiiExplorer the other day and it didn't work for me either, which was a shame as it looked like it could make life a lot easier. It loaded to a screen (sorry, can't remember exactly what it said) but never managed to finish scanning/initialising and was not responsive so I had to reboot.

I'm using d2xv7 following updating my softmod to the latest advised in the Softmod any Wii guide. USB Loader GX 2.3. Not sure what version of HBC. Sorry, the Wii's at my Mum's so I can't check it.

I think I installed WiiExplorer to the FAT32 partition on the USB HDD and didn't have an SD card in at the time, although I could be wrong on this. My USB HDD has an NTFS partition (needed for the media player it's in) followed by a FAT32 partition. I haven't tried loads of Homebrew but what I have used has worked fine.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I tried WiiExplorer the other day and it didn't work for me either, which was a shame as it looked like it could make life a lot easier. It loaded to a screen (sorry, can't remember exactly what it said) but never managed to finish scanning/initialising and was not responsive so I had to reboot.

I'm using d2xv7 following updating my softmod to the latest advised in the Softmod any Wii guide. USB Loader GX 2.3. Not sure what version of HBC. Sorry, the Wii's at my Mum's so I can't check it.

I think I installed WiiExplorer to the FAT32 partition on the USB HDD and didn't have an SD card in at the time, although I could be wrong on this. My USB HDD has an NTFS partition (needed for the media player it's in) followed by a FAT32 partition. I haven't tried loads of Homebrew but what I have used has worked fine.
no your hd can be a total fat 32( both my hd's are).. an wiimc reads my media just fine, plus i can use my usb port on the tv.. an it reads my hd.. an homebrew only works on hd if it's fat 32. not ntfs..

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, additional info don't hurt.
Loader and d2x version? loader is 2.3 and d2x is 8
Do the other games work? yes other games work
Can you play MK with a different loader? no i checked with wiiflow and Configurable USB Loader but give me blank screen.

doveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no your hd can be a total fat 32( both my hd's are).. an wiimc reads my media just fine, plus i can use my usb port on the tv.. an it reads my hd.. an homebrew only works on hd if it's fat 32. not ntfs..

You misunderstand me. The HDD is in a Sumvision Media Player and that requires the NTFS partition to be first. All my other homebrew works fine and just reads the second, FAT32, partition but WiiExplorer didn't work for some reason.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You misunderstand me. The HDD is in a Sumvision Media Player and that requires the NTFS partition to be first. All my other homebrew works fine and just reads the second, FAT32, partition but WiiExplorer didn't work for some reason.
not sure, cause i don't use wii explorer,but you could see if it will take a an xml edit to maybe point to the second partition were you think you installed it..
my be some one that uses it can help on that part, or if you have an xml editor you could try an see. that's my only idea. an sorry it's not that i miss understood you. you never said what kind of hd you have. so i was going on what i have set up an the way it's set up.

doveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

not sure, cause i don't use wii explorer,but you could see if it will take a an xml edit to maybe point to the second partition were you think you installed it..
my be some one that uses it can help on that part, or if you have an xml editor you could try an see. that's my only idea. an sorry it's not that i miss understood you. you never said what kind of hd you have. so i was going on what i have set up an the way it's set up.

OK, thanks I'll have a look into editing an xml.

Giever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

WiiXplorer is the most intuitive thing in the world to use, and one of the most useful homebrew programs ever. Indeed, you should see the contents of your SD card, by default, so it sounds like there is something wrong with your SD card or your system. I assume you can see the contents of your SD card in your computer through a card reader without issues?
That is correct, sir. Since seeing the response I've just started looking around my house for another available SD card to try.

Edit: Welp, I found and tried an SD card of a different capacity and manufacturer, and now everything works fine. So I feel freaking ridiculous for spending on and off like over a year trying to figure this out. It just never occured to me that it could be the SD card, because it reads perfectly fine on my computer. I'm able to both read and write with it fine. Either way, for whatever reason it seems like it's screwed up because it semi-works on the Wii by letting me use the Homebrew Channel, load up USB Loader GX and such. And semi-doesn't work by not letting me see anything via WiiXplorer, and not letting me do a whole bunch of stuff with USB Loader GX (though I was still able to play the actual games). Also, with the SD card that actually works now programs load way way quicker with it for whatever reason. I suppose the original SD card is just dying in some way or whatever, but it just seems odd to me.

Either way, thanks for the help Cyan. I definitely should have just managed to find another SD card to try in the first place, but oh well. @_@

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Little problem here... Up until now I'd move my backups to a WBFS partition using WBFS Manager and play them with USB Loader GX no problem. But now I've switched to a FAT32 drive with no WBFS parition, so I'm using WIiBackupManager to convert every ISO to WBFS (and split if necessary) to my drive. USB Loader GX sees the games and the correct sizes, but when I try loading them I get a black screen and the Wii is unresponsive. The games used to work just fine before, I didn't change any settings. Do these two programs not go well together or is there some setting I need to change?

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Little problem here... Up until now I'd move my backups to a WBFS partition using WBFS Manager and play them with USB Loader GX no problem. But now I've switched to a FAT32 drive with no WBFS parition, so I'm using WIiBackupManager to convert every ISO to WBFS (and split if necessary) to my drive. USB Loader GX sees the games and the correct sizes, but when I try loading them I get a black screen and the Wii is unresponsive. The games used to work just fine before, I didn't change any settings. Do these two programs not go well together or is there some setting I need to change?

What Cios
What version of GX

If you have not updated for a while, update both (delete all config files for GX from your SD) I use wiibackupmanager 0.3.8 build 61 and it is working fine

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
^ Both are the latest version, although my Wii is still on 3.2U. USB Loader GX is using default settings with ios 249

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
^ Both are the latest version, although my Wii is still on 3.2U. USB Loader GX is using default settings with ios 249
Did you transfer 1 game at a time or did you do a whole heap at once from the WBFS drive to your Fat32 drive (i did this and i had to reload a heap of games because of being corrupted.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
It was one at a time... But I figured out the problem now. I tried using Configurable USB Loader and it gave me an error saying that booting from FAT partition is unsupported by my IOS. I need 249rev18. Not sure which revision mine is but I guess it's too outdated

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Thanks I got it all taken care of now, I'm on 4.1U and everything's working

Is it possible to make the Wii immediately boot into GX instead of system menu?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol