• Views 7,228,699
  • Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't use devkitPPC r24 because it doesn't work proper with the USB Loader GX. Some games don't work and network goes crazy. You should get yourself devkitPPC r21 (http://sourceforge.net/projects/devkitpro/files/devkitPPC/previous/devkitPPC_r21/) and the library package for it on the googlecode site in the download section of USB Loader GX. I use those for all releases currently.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You shouldn't use devkitPPC r24 because it doesn't work proper with the USB Loader GX. Some games don't work and network goes crazy. You should get yourself devkitPPC r21 (http://sourceforge.n.../devkitPPC_r21/) and the library package for it on the googlecode site in the download section of USB Loader GX. I use those for all releases currently.

Which games don't work? I've been using r24 for ages now and haven't notice any problems.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
After re-installing devkitPPC r24 then re-compiling, I still got the
same errors. Will try r21+old libogc later today.

how exactly areyou setting devkit up and what are you doing with the libogc?
OK. Finally , it works after I delete everything (all devkitpro) then re-install
all the necessary files. (devkitppc r24+libogc r4884)

Thanks for the advice

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which games don't work? I've been using r24 for ages now and haven't notice any problems.

I don't remember but people reported some not working when we switched to r24 for a few revisions. What i know is that people compiling with r24 usually have issues downloading wiitdb.xml or unziping it. Same for theme stuff. There were also other issues people who used their compile reported which were not present in the precompiled revisions i put for download.

atlanx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
About the "new game":
I don't think it's useful to have it longer than 24h.
It's usually done to see quickly which game you just added (so you can try it or mark it as favorite right away).
PS: you can compile a version with a bigger delay if it's just for your own need.

This explains why i had always strange feelings with this thingy.
I was always thinking, that a game has the "new" tag until it is was played the first time.
Never thought it was cleared by a time setting.

Why not making it dependent on first played? Would be more intuitive I think.

Reactions: 1 person

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This explains why i had always strange feelings with this thingy.
I was always thinking, that a game has the "new" tag until it is was played the first time.
Never thought it was cleared by a time setting.

Why not making it dependent on first played? Would be more intuitive I think.
All games you already played but have a Play count set to 0 (for example, you reset the playcount, or delete the game setting) would stay as new until you launch them all again at least once to get rid of the "new" state. You wouldn't see real new games you just added.
Also, as I made the "new" to be visible in favorite mode even if there's no stars ranking (to see quickly the new added game without the need to disable fav+rank+re-enable fav), you would have all your games displayed even if they are not part of your favorite list.

When's the next release? I know there's SVN builds and that I can compile it myself but I'm just wondering.
We don't know.
Dimok and Giantpune are currently working on the Channel's banner player.
It will also need a lot of testing and debugging for few other stuff.
So, we don't know how many time it will take.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Attention: I don't know if FSToolbox produce a different dumps than the USBloaderGX+d2x dump!
Some filename on the NAND contains incompatible FAT32 characters which are replaced on the emuNand with html entities by d2x. (that's why some Nand dump doesn't work with EmuNand and you need to make a new dump using the internal dump feature).
You can't just copy/paste the files as is on the real nand. You need to be sure it's using the correct naming convention before writing back to the NAND.
It's rare that they are using incompatible characters, but it happens, so double check before writing to nand.

Maybe using SavegameManagerGX is the best solution, as it create a text file which stores the real filename.
Be sure to have at least a save on your Real nand.
Export your save from Real nand, to create the correct file and folder structure and filename.
Replace the files from your emunand title/000x000x/GameID/data/ (different depending on the game type: Disc, Channel, VC/WiiWare, etc.), and match the filenames from SD:/savegames/ folder.

You could also try FTPii so you can rename the files on the nand and set permission if needed. (but I had some problems with FTPii, so it's dangerous to write to nand)

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you dump a disc to your hard drive using UGX, does it verify the dump's checksum on the fly, against the internally stored SH-1 value?
Would it be possible to implement an internal SH-1 check, within the game settings menu?
This would be very useful and as a nice side-effect, might reduce the number of bug reports from bad dumps.

Currently, Wii Backup Manager can do this (on Windows), but I don't know of any Wii app that does. Having it integrated into the loader would make a lot of sense and perhaps, after dumping a game, the loader could prompt the user to decide whether to run an SH-1 hash check.

Just and idea.

Reactions: 1 person

Razzyness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My USB loader GX started to be really really slow on the menu...
This was after I updated about 83 disc images via PC.
The menus is really really slowdown...
What's wrong with my USB loader GX? It's been fine for the longest time until after I updated the disc images to custom ones..

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You changed only the pictures of the discs? You are using the same picture size?
Is deleting or re-downloading official pictures from gametdb fix the problem?

You have to know if the picture ARE the cause of the slowdown.
So, first eliminate that cause by testing replacing or removing them.

If it's still slow, then it's something else and the pictures have no relation to the slowdown.
It could be your folders/wbfs files which are not using a proper name, then it's reading the GameID directly from each games instead of reading them from the filename.
Also, verify that you enabled Game Cache in settings>Features.

elconejotres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
Any of you please could be so kind to explain to me how to make ocarina cheats work with Gamecube games on DML RV42 and the 1155 rev of usbloadergx? I tried everything already I've dowloaded the cheats from the loader, generate the gct file and activated the ocarina option from the game load option and the codes never work or get activated I never had problems using ocarina on wii games thanks in advance.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Any of you please could be so kind to explain to me how to make ocarina cheats work with Gamecube games on DML RV42 and the 1155 rev of usbloadergx? I tried everything already I've dowloaded the cheats from the loader, generate the gct file and activated the ocarina option from the game load option and the codes never work or get activated I never had problems using ocarina on wii games thanks in advance.

Have you read how cheat work with DML???

Guessing not, the .gct files go in the same folder as the game.iso within the games folder

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I install a game from disc using USB Loader GX's install feature, is only the game partition installed or are channel partitions also preserved? I know the update partition is ignored, but not sure about "channel" or "other" partitions.

If you can answer and want to go for bonus: is this typical of most loaders?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ I read that non-binary people identify as a blend of male and female. The point is i think i'm a blend of those and thus non binary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Non-binary people are those who don't identify themselves exclusively as male or female.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I don't identify as anything, unless I need to get on a plane then I show ID
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [homo, queer, fag, coksuqr, etc......]
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I meant that I read that they can also identify as what i mentioned
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I identify as Long Rod Johnson, cause a cat called me that once.
    +2
    [takes a 👀 in your pants] Liar :angry:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and thus that would make me non binary since i feel like a blend of both male and female
    +1
    @Xdqwerty only time will tell, what/whom you are. At 14, its a bit early to "Define" yourself. :)
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I only recently have learned who I am and how much I am capable of and I'm 50 lol
    +3
    A thousand epiphanies and unbelievable pain and growth.
    +2
    I wish I could sum it up for children to understand but it truly takes living a lifetime of learning
    +2
    It's more than knowledge it's understanding
    +1
    Both are required
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, ask chatgpt or Google gémini to summarize it
    Lol summarize life's lessons
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey tells me all the time "You need to grow the fuck up." Which I don't understand, cause I'm full grown already.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she means grow more
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    farrrrrrrrrrrt
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @AncientBoi I imagine it don't make the fart sound anymore, probably sounds more like letting go of a balloon you just blew up.
    +3
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Tell her to grow a pair. :rofl2:
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, Tell her to grow a pair. :rofl2: +1