• Replies 29,373
  • Likes 48

guxu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can access FAT partition and see the game in FAT. But when I tried to load the game, it always black screen. I changed IOS to 222, 223. Same problem.

The same game on same FAT partition on same device (USB SD card reader + SD card) can be loaded in CFG Loader with no problem.

kyle_jc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I have recently bought a new black wii and I have updated it to 4.2 then I softmodded it using the very detailed guide on gbatemp, as soon as I was able to I installed the newest usb loader gx that I found on there download list and I loaded it up and installed nsmbw from the official disc and when I came to play it I got an error so I updated the USB loader through USB loader to the newest version as of last night and I then turned on the 002 fix and mario worked perfectly but now I have triedto install super smash bros and wii sports resort and they always get to 100% and then I get the dsi error codedump until I remove the game using wbfs tool any help would be appreciated and also keep up with the good work this loader looks amazing

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I just tried my fat formatted hdd and it works ok(i tryed boy and his blob and dead space), but then I tryed metroid prime trilogy and when loader trying to load itself it gives me an error, default cios is hermes v4 222, and I use wani's cios 13b (actually it's trying to read the hdd and then gives the error)...

I was using simple wbfs file manager v 2.2.0.0.
My wii setup is 3.2e, wiikey 1.9s and mentioned cios-es

So just to let you know of this bug.

Great work guys!!

EDIT: I just downloaded v843 and mpt works fine, but before that I used the setup exe file which automaticly downloads latest version to my sd card and it vas ver 839??!!
So it's better to update manually...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wiistarter said:
How can I speed up the initial loading of the games when USB lOader starts. It takes around 2 minutes for the list to show?

Lol, i hope that's some bug. Or else i wouldn't understand the people complaining that selecting a game in NeoGamma takes "ages".

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Lol, i hope that's some bug. Or else i wouldn't understand the people complaining that selecting a game in NeoGamma takes "ages".

I hope its a bug as well.... Just made the jump to Fat and this happens..... Maybe have to go back as I definately prefer the games showing instantly under WBFS

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiistarter said:
WiiPower said:
I hope its a bug as well.... Just made the jump to Fat and this happens..... Maybe have to go back as I definately prefer the games showing instantly under WBFS
It's about a second here, but I'm not such a 500+ copies pirate, just my original games on the drive.
So maybe you have so many games that it needs that long and you drive is too slow and it is defragmented? Maybe all these things together are the reason.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
mousex said:
]It's about a second here, but I'm not such a 500+ copies pirate, just my original games on the drive.
So maybe you have so many games that it needs that long and you drive is too slow and it is defragmented? Maybe all these things together are the reason.

I have 64 games on the drive (my originals except 2 of them). Drive was formatted and all games put on it last night. Fragmentation was under 1% Every time loader starts I can hear it reading and it pauses every few seconds so the wii slot light can flash then continues. Even after updating the artwork it goes blank and takes 117 seconds to re display the games list. This drive worked flawlessly with WBFS and games list showed instantly.

Drive was formatted and games installed with WiiBackupManager0.2.4r2

As for your PIRATE comment.... Not appreciated, and even if I did have a load of games on it then why the difference between WBFS and FAT loading times anyway??? Is it known that fat takes longer to list over a certain amount of games while WBFS doesnt??? Is WBFS just faster overall or are you just guessing here and trying to have a dig????

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
About fat loading speed:
If wiitdb is installed/updated it should be just as fast.
The same thing is with cfg loader, you need to have titles.txt installed to make listing of fat installed games quick.
This is because opening each .wbfs file to get the title isn't really fast so cfg and gx optimize that by getting the title from titles.txt or wiitdb based on the gameid. Another way to optimize that would be a cache of game headers in a separate single file, which would not require the titles.txt or wiitdb, but that has not been implemented since the titles/wiitdb workaround works just as well. It has been reported to work just as fast as wbfs on fat with cfg loader and a couple of hunderds of games.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
I have not touched my titles.txt files. The only way I could speed things up was to delete all CFG files. This lets me now boot in 18 seconds with r843 however replacing the dol with r841 lets me boot in under 5 seconds but it code dumps when I scroll down to E in my list.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm curious about those .wip files.
I didn't find good help on google.

Is that like a .diff files, with lines and added/removed data, but put on SD card to live-patch when running the loader ?

Edit :
Ok, I found the anwser.
I thought ".wip" standed for "work in progess" and thus it was patches from development.
But it's only hex address with old and new data to be replace in .dol files.
for example, patching NSMB .dol on the fly instead of using patched alt. dol, or hard coded in GX code for each games.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiistarter said:
As for your PIRATE comment.... Not appreciated, and even if I did have a load of games on it then why the difference between WBFS and FAT loading times anyway??? Is it known that fat takes longer to list over a certain amount of games while WBFS doesnt??? Is WBFS just faster overall or are you just guessing here and trying to have a dig????
Learn to read stupid a**hole.
1. I didn't say that you are a pirate
2. I just said that I'm not one of them
3. I don't know you and so I asked because I didn't know how many games you own (about the same amount as me)
4. For your other question: I think oggzee made a nice and clean answer
5. If you don't appriciate the help from other people, then don't ask for it pan-head. Your mother gave you a Wii half a year ago and now you are the big hero or what?

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
mousex said:
Learn to read stupid a**hole.
1. I didn't say that you are a pirate
2. I just said that I'm not one of them
3. I don't know you and so I asked because I didn't know how many games you own (about the same amount as me)
4. For your other question: I think oggzee made a nice and clean answer
5. If you don't appriciate the help from other people, then don't ask for it pan-head. Your mother gave you a Wii half a year ago and now you are the big hero or what?

OOOHHHHH Hark at HER

Point 5. Again you make assumptions... My Mother is no longer with us and not every one on here is a KID (Like you obviously are). You assumed I had so many games it was effecting the loading time. What was wrong with ASKING how many I had instead of Assuming I had loads. You never asked how many I had or any other details and just went on assumption and you never gave a reasonable answer so your advice was NOTHING. At least others could give good advice and try and help and not post drivel.

I also asked questions about load times in my answer as well but you couldnt even backup your statement with any facts.

I appreciate the help people on here give just not the attitude that others do

And Pan-head..... Maybe that is a lot more disrispectfull where you come from but here its just PISH!!!

Come on lets see your next reply full of mature name calling and hurtfull remarks
laugh.gif
Im bored of this already...

Back to topic now..

Had to use another card and do a minimum install (just the loader) and it got the load time back to 3 seconds. All it means now is that I have to switch SD cards to load my beatles DLC as this is the card that is running slow.

Maybe I will try later with a new revision to see how it works or maybe my card is on its way out. I have ordered a few more so I will try them when they come.

Fat Cow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it a known issue that when viewing homebrew apps from within GX they don't follow alphabet order like HBC? Also it seems to be glitchy that it displays an app multiple times. this is using r843.

edit: it also code dumps when I accidentally clicked download codes from the game setting page. My Wii wifi is not enabled.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a quick question. I recently just move up to cios rev 14. Now my GX Loader dumps alot, and the wiimote sometime unconnect on games or just freezes the loader. Any idea why this could be happen. Should I update the Loader to the newest version or downgrade it. Thanks Again.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TheWon said:
I have a quick question. I recently just move up to cios rev 14. Now my GX Loader dumps alot, and the wiimote sometime unconnect on games or just freezes the loader. Any idea why this could be happen. Should I update the Loader to the newest version or downgrade it. Thanks Again.
What revision GX are you on? Try the latest one because 249 rev14 worked fine for me before I switched to a FAT32 hard drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2