• Views 7,192,341
  • Replies 29,369
  • Likes 48

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I tried r1231 to load Nintendont with 2 BT controllers (Maxpad =1)
and I only can use one of the BT controllers at the same time. (EX:MKDD)
If I changed "Maxpad" to 2/3/4, both BT controllers worked.

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
does it? ...afaik, Dios Mios can load games on any config scenario (From port1 or port0 ...with both ports full or not, and with emunand)... I'm pretty sure I've tested that in the past... ..but he would need to be sure that he has d2x version 10-alt though..

yup :)

Edit: now you can load emulated individual and multi memcards from usbloader, even when using both ports

JordenNixNix, first, make sure that you have the latest usbloader rev.
For using both ports, you need to have your GC games on Port0 (and probably Nintendont and the USBloader too), with your Wii games on Port1 (you can have some wii games on the Port0 too).
If you already are using a multi-game memory card, don't forget to set MCEmu to "ON" instead of "individual" in USBGX settings (if you use individual memcard files, leave it on "individual").
On this configuration, you can't load GC games directly from the Nintendont loader, cause it will not find the games (unless you removed the device on Port1) ...but using the USBLoader, the games will be loaded just fine.
This is how you identify the ports:
arriere+ports+wii.jpg
See if that works for you.

Thanks for your help.
NGC games can now be launched from USB Loader GX, thank!

But it doesn't solve the other problem.
When I launch a NGC game from USB Loader GX with both devices plugged in, I get a DSI ERROR when it launch a game. (Yes the stick with NGC games is in the right port)

I looking for a way to launch NGC games directly from the USB Loader GX + MEMCARD EMU without need to remove the second HDD and with regular NGC disk support.
I tried Dios Mios in the past but it didn't work.

Here's a syscheck:
sysCheck v2.1.0b19 by Double_A and R2-D2199, Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.3E (v514)

Drive date: 2006.09.07
Homebrew Channel 1.1.0 running on IOS58
HomebrewFilter ist nicht installiert
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 44547793
Boot2 v4
Found 155 titles.
Found 48 IOS on this console. 12 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944, Info: rev 6944): Trucha Bug
IOS222[38] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS248[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10

Report generated on 2014/09/13.

cashonly

Trophies
XP
Country
hello, do you guys know why, when i launch newer super mario bros. (the fan mod), it takes me back to dashboard? i'm running latest usb loader gx, latest cios d2xv10, wii has iOS 4.3e and the iso is also pal.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maybe the iso is not correctly patched.
I completed this mod and it worked fine. (I used the version which is saving in the same folder than the official game, but it shouldn't matter).

edit:
just wanted to thanks everyone who made this mod possible.
Lots of good ideas that even Nintendo never did. World 8 was like hell x__x

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
(I used the version which is saving in the same folder than the official game, but it shouldn't matter).
yup, it doesn't. Mine has a separated save and work just fine.
cashonly, did you patched it yourself? ...maybe should be better to patch a clean NSMBW iso again ...you can do so with this patcher

When I launch a NGC game from USB Loader GX with both devices plugged in, I get a DSI ERROR when it launch a game. (Yes the stick with NGC games is in the right port)
All I can think off is that maybe you're not loading from a ios that has d2x-v10? ...sometimes having a sd card in can change some paths and settings ...so better to double check on the usbloader settings if you're loading from ios249, and if the Nintendont Paths are correct.

About the "return to loader" code thingy ...do I actually need to use a usbloader Forwarder?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can pick any channels you want, but you'll return to that channel/game instead of the loader.
I don't know why it didn't work with HBC channel.

You don't want to install the forwarder? it's easier to get back to the loader when exiting a game than exiting to system menu, reloading HBC then the loader.
It shouldn't affect homebrew launching though, but I don't have issue with nintendont exit combo, so I don't know why it reset your Wii.

Edit:
Maybe it's related to the dual port/ Port 1 support.
when exiting nintendont, maybe it tried to reload the loader but can't find it as it's not using the correct drive?
maybe using an SD card to store USBGX boot.dol and all settings is a better idea.

I didn't test it, this is only random thought. I don't know if it's the actual issue or not.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Maybe it's related to the dual port/ Port 1 support.
when exiting nintendont, maybe it tried to reload the loader but can't find it as it's not using the correct drive?
maybe using an SD card to store USBGX boot.dol and all settings is a better idea.
um.. ..it could be it. Seems like Nintendont can't see Port0 at all when Port1 is also used ...at least it doesn't do so when you load it directly (a weird thing is that when you load it with usbloader, it loads the emu memcard and the games from Port0 just fine, even with Port1 full).

Don't know what the SD settings would do to help though, but I'll try that and maybe try to use the forwarder later on ...I'll report back what I get.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Cyan,

I am a first time USB Loader GX and I find astonishing loader's options and all your hard work.Congratulations!

I have some questions that may be answered before but I am actually a newbie with the loader.

1) I cannot display 3d full covers. When I choose the different display options, every game displays as a dvd disc.

I have downloaded all the covers (or the box are checked in the download covers window) but USB Loader displays only dvd discs.

How can I change covers display?

2) I have not found a way to play Samurai Warriors 3 PAL for Usb Loader GX (or any other loader ) .It boots normally but when I try to create a save the game displays a black screen.

Is it a known issue and has anyone found a workaround?

3) This is actually an idea of mine. As I noticed that there is an option for Devolution to swap buttons I thought that this would be also perfect as an option for Nintendont too.
ShadowOne 333 has a button swap mod,so I thought that it would be perfect to implement this as an option to the loader. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello,

1)
It's probably a bad name choice for this option in the loader.
When you are using any layout other than the channel layout (List, carousel and wall), you can see the game's cover displayed on screen.
You can choose to display the cover "flat" or "3D".
Flat
RS5PC8.png

3D
RS5PC8.png

Full
RS5PC8.png

The "3D" cover is the name of the cover picture you download which has a stretch effect with a border to not look flat.
It doesn't refer to the 3D model of the game box.

There are different things you can download:
Cover : flat one, one face
3D Cover : the one with 3D Effect, one face
Full cover : flat one, but both sides of the game box.

The cover or 3D Cover is used in the loader's 3 main layout (list, carousel, wall). You can't have both normal and 3D.

The Full cover is used in the "game info window". point a game and press 1. it will open the game info window. There, if you downloaded the "full cover" you can see a 3D representation model that you can rotate/zoom.

In the GUI settings, you can choose which covers you want to download (HD/SD, official/custom)
I recommend using HD if you want to read the cover's text in the game info window.

2)
I don't know. I never heard of this game before, so I guess it doesn't have any problem or anti-piracy protection (or else, users would have reported it already).
I don't know how to launch it. Try to disable all settings/patches, try a difference IOS slot.

Also, verify your game file is not write protected!
it's a know cause for games not working.

3)
This is not possible.
Nintendont doesn't have an option to switch the button mapping.
USBLoaderGX is only telling to other loaders which settings to use. If the loader doesn't have a button setting then USBLoaderGX can't do anything about it.

Shadow did a mod (by editing the sources and recompiling different mapping, it's not a setting).
If you want a way to edit the button mapping, use the latest revision with a Bluetooth controller, and press minus '-' button on the pad. The swap works while playing.

4)
Check that your game file is still correctly named on your USB.
or maybe the cache issue (but it shouldn't hide games).
Verify you didn't enable the Favorite or category filtering.

Reactions: panmusic

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for your reply.

Actually I am trying to make the games display with their 3d covers but I do not know where is the specific option to change it.

I tried in the gui settings but have not found it.Also I opened GXGlobal.conf but I do not know what I must edit in order to display the 3d covers.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
to display the 3D cover ... don't download the flat covers.
delete all the covers in your cover folder, and in the loader download only the 3D covers.

it can't load both, so if you download the 2D first, it count as "already present" and don't replace it with the 3D one.

Reactions: panmusic

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
to display the 3D cover ... don't download the flat covers.
delete all the covers in your cover folder, and in the loader download only the 3D covers.

it can't load both, so if you download the 2D first, it count as "already present" and don't replace it with the 3D one.

Thanks! I will try it as soon as possible and report back.

(I am currently writing from Wii U...)

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use Devolution with USB Loader GX and so far everything works good except every time I want to switch games it turns the whole system off. Which can be kind of annoying on a Wii U at times, but then again I'm playing gamecube games on my Wii U so I shouldn't be complaining. Is there a way to set either devolution or USB Loader GX to return to the Wii Menu, homebrew channel, or back to the loader?

killerkalmah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this problem with USB loader GX (latest build): When I tried to load a GC game using DIOS MIOS (latest version) it said that the games need to be on the main path, but games are in F:games/ on a FAT32 32kb 160 HD I don't know what I'm missing here... Also when I load Paper Mario (Wii) it plays perfect but when I tried to return to the Wii menu I get a black screen, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I was trying to have my GC games and Wii games on a single USB without making partitions so I put 2 folders on the main path of the HD "games" for GC and "wbfs" for Wii... I don't know if Paper Mario has this particular problem with the loader cuz I have only tested that game this far, but I don't know why I can't load the GC with this HD, maybe the letter of the unit? or putting this simple... any link to a "How to" correctly prepare an HD for load gamecube and wii games in the same HD :D I would appretiate the help guys...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know if there's an issue with exiting devolution. It should return to the loader, not shutting down.
I don't remember how the "return to" is working with launched homebrew. maybe try to set the "Return to" option to another channel if you don't have USBGX UNEO forwarder.

About the message with DIOS MIOS, verify that you are using an updated version of the loader (1231 is the current latest).
Then, be sure you don't use multiple partitions. the /games/ folder must be on the first partition of the drive. (FAT32 is not enough, it needs multiple criteria: FAT32 primary first partition on a 512bytes / sector hard drive).

it also work best if you have only one drive connected, and using port0.

killerkalmah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested yesterday late night... It was a problem with the HD "criteria" its exactly has you said Cyan, all that "criteria" plus the type of the partition that has to be "Basic MRB", my HD was primary and in the first partition FAT32 32 cluster but it was GPT not MRB dunno whats that anyways but it has to be that way to work.

Also I enable multipartitions cuz I have a second wbfs parition for wii games and all together works like a charm by now, EXCEPT Super Paper Mario it keeps giving me a black screen when I use "return to" , tested with Smash Brawl, Mario Party 9 and Zelda TP and I return to the Wii menu with no problem, so, I think it must be a problem with the game (Paper Mario) IOS or compativility some how with the loader, I will try to fix that later tonigh but if anyone know something plz tell...

PD: Is there a way to return to the Wii menu or something when playing a gamecube game using DIOS MIOS?? (not nintendont) if not, what would be the best? Wii power button or is something else?

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to return to the Wii menu or something when playing a gamecube game using DIOS MIOS?? (not nintendont) if not, what would be the best? Wii power button or is something else?

Enable Pad Hook in the DM settings, then press R+Z+Start when you want to return to the Wii menu. R+Z+Start is Reset, and R+Z+B+Dpad-Down is power off.

Doario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
(Copy pasting this from another thread where I needed help, hope it doesn't bother anyone)

Hey people!

Information: So I followed the softmod guide here (using Tales of Symphonia copy) and managed to successfully install Homebrew channel!

I then went on and installed cIOS, base 56(249), base 57(250), and base 58(251) using d2x v10beta53-alt-vWii mload v1.0. Everything went smooth.

Question: I wanted to install the USB Loader GX so I popped YAWMM (which is located in my SDs /app/) in my SD together with the USBLoaderGX_v3.0_IOS249.wad.

It successfully installed the USBLoader GX channel via YAWMM. Once I tried to boot the USBLoader GX channel, the screen went black and nothing happened. The Wii U was unresponsive and didn't even want to hard reset (had to unplug the power-cable for a reset).

(Note: I had done the exact same thing on my regular Wii and everything worked)

I then removed the channel and popped USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT (For vWii ONLY).wad.
Installation went smooth and when I launched the channel this time I got the USB Loader GX logo. But it didn't load anything. It was stuck on the screen logo. Again had to unplug my Wii U to reset.

I tried downloading USBLoaderGX_v3.0_IOS249.dol as my last resort and put it in my SD card and this time it did work! It loaded the "channel" successfully.

I'm just wondering why I can't make it a channel :(?

P.S I'm using a Wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!