• Likes 47

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if it's still called "boot/standard" then you are using an old version of the loader.
Maybe even one not working on vWii.

please update the loader to use the version in my signature, or click on the internal update menu, and select to update Fully (not just the dol).
I don't know if it will help, but at least we will base our discussion on the latest release.

raffymo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
don't know if i did the right thing(downloaded the latest updated put it on my SD/apps then tried the loader's ios:58 well good news is my external remains on while i use USBloadergx but still doesnt detect it, and yes the waiting for HDD is still there

EthralSSB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having a problem getting this to work with Devolution it black screens when I try to boot up melee from my USB (On a Wii U console) its already verified and everything it just wont play. Also another thing I don't know if this is a bug or not but doesn't Devo go back to homebrew when you press power on Wii remote instead of Wii U menu?

Edit: From what I've seen this is a Wii U only problem too

Toyskyline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SD is prioritized over the usbs, so it creates its own settings like that when you first load the loader with it in (it creates new settings on the sd itself) set them right once with the sd in and then you should have the right settings one the sd and on the usb ...seems like you said you already did it ..is that right?

..if yes, maybe you should copy the settings found in the usb to the sd (see what was created in the he sd and override those with what you have on the usb) ...but I don't think that it would be necessary

I'll try again and let you know, chances are I was messing with/ deleting files

DaXIthR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting a black screen trying to run any GCN backups whether from Nintendont or DIOS MIOS (tried 2.11+ as well as 2.9). The folders are for the backups are fine. The custom paths are set.

Here's my current setup from USB Loader GX:
Nintendont Built Sep 7 2014
DIOS MIOS 2.11+
Rev 1231 IOS 249 (Rev 21008) + AHB (d2x v8final base56)

Here's my SysCheck HD:

SysCheck v2.3.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.1U (v449)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 02.13.200702
Homebrew Channel 1.1.0 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 50390781
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: United States (49)
Boot2 v2
Found 194 titles.
Found 55 IOS on this console. 3 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 3): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS80 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS90 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[38+37] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS245[37] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS246[38] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS247[53] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS248[55] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249[56] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS251[58] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10 (DIOS MIOS 2.11+)
Report generated on 09/08/2014.

Tried GX r1209, r1213 and r1231. Also tried Configurable USB, but that had the same problem.

Thanks in advance.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Black screen with DIOS MIOS is common, but with nintendont it should work fine.

Are you using only one drive? (Port0)
I suppose the hardware setup and limitation is fine (I'm confident the loader would have warn you if it didn't).

Did you try to launch games from SD card?
With DIOS MIOS Lite, and with Nintendont.
Just to see if the same settings are working fine from another device; so we can eliminate the setup problem and care about USB only.

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't know if its a USB loader gx problem or an Nintendont problem but:

My usb loader is set on IOS 249 (alt) to load both usb devices.
On the left usb port (facing the disc drive) is my FAT32 device with my NGC games. And on the right my WBFS device with Wii games.

My problem is:
When I want to play a NGC game, I always must removing my wbfs device otherwise I got an error message. All ngc games are located at the FAT32 device, NOT the WBFS one. Removing and reinserting the WBFS HDD isn't really durable and is a bit annoying.
Is there a way to play ngc games without removing the other HDD?

Just short:
If I load a gamecube game with only the FAT32 device inserted, everything works.
When both devices are connected, NGC games won't work anymore.

@themanual:
Have you already tried to enable it in the homebrew application itself? Just choose the device where you games are located, press B on your ngc controller and enable it. That helps for me.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
did you try to swap the drives?

Nintendont use IOS58, which should try to mounts Port1 first.
cIOS v10-alt can mounts either port0 or port1, so WBFS can be on either port.

DIOS MIOS required GC games on port0, but I think nintendont's kernel read games on Port1.

Another user reported that issue in nintendont thread. I don't know if it will be fixed.

use Top and Bottom, it's easier to understand than right/left, depending if you look the console from the front of from the back.
But based on your description, I think it's already connected like I suggested.
try to swap them anyway and see if it helps.
You may have issue with Memory Card emulation when you have both drives connected.

DaXIthR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap. I don't think I did anything differently but everything is working on Nintendont. GX is an amazing piece of software, dude. You should be really proud of this effort.

Thanks for everything. I'm a happy camper.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DIOS MIOS required GC games on port0, but I think nintendont's kernel read games on Port1.
does it? ...afaik, Dios Mios can load games on any config scenario (From port1 or port0 ...with both ports full or not, and with emunand)... I'm pretty sure I've tested that in the past... ..but he would need to be sure that he has d2x version 10-alt though..

Another user reported that issue in nintendont thread. I don't know if it will be fixed.
yup :)

Edit: now you can load emulated individual and multi memcards from usbloader, even when using both ports

JordenNixNix, first, make sure that you have the latest usbloader rev.
For using both ports, you need to have your GC games on Port0 (and probably Nintendont and the USBloader too), with your Wii games on Port1 (you can have some wii games on the Port0 too).
If you already are using a multi-game memory card, don't forget to set MCEmu to "ON" instead of "individual" in USBGX settings (if you use individual memcard files, leave it on "individual").
On this configuration, you can't load GC games directly from the Nintendont loader, cause it will not find the games (unless you removed the device on Port1) ...but using the USBLoader, the games will be loaded just fine.
This is how you identify the ports:
arriere+ports+wii.jpg
See if that works for you.

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I tried Dios Mios in the past but it doesn't seems to be compatible. It forces me to copy over my game from usb to sd, Even when te games are on the SD card it failed and my regular ngc discs weren't even compatible anymore.

I will try what Vyan told me and see what's happen.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if it forced you to copy games to SD, you used an old version of the loader (which was released before DIOS MIOS + USB support was released, so the loader was set to always ask the user to use SD card).

It should work now if you update the loader, and be sure to set "Gamecube Main path" to usb1/games/

erginemr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Cyan and hello to everyone,
Same issue from the following bug report continues:
https://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/issues/detail?id=2065

Whenever I start/restart USB Loader GX with my 3rd party classic controllers attached, it crashes with a core dump just like the bug report above with a 20 second count-down.

This page gives insight to the cause of the problem as related to libogc and suggests a recompilation. But I am not experienced enough to prepare the environment and compile:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/latest-emulator-and-libogc-with-3rd-party-classic-controller.217245/page-35

Other launchers (CFG USB Loader, Wiiflow) apparently don't have this issue and start normally with a 3rd party controller attached. So I assume they have somehow managed to solve this issue. But as (in my opinion) USB Loader GX is superior to them, I'd request Cyan to please address this issue once again.

This issue is more unnerving to me, now that Nintendont has bluetooth support and classing controllers are being used once again to run Gamecube games.

I am using Wii (not Wii-U), USB Loader GX latest version rev.1232, CIOS d2x v10.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't follow that thread, and didn't know there were wiimote not working.
I didn't update libogc for a long time and don't know if there's a new version (I'll update if there's one), and I'm still using ppc r26 (the loader needs few updates to compile with r27).

erginemr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually it is the 3rd party classic (and classic pro) controllers as attached to the wiimotes that are not working (or causing the USB Loader GX to crash at startup), not the wiimote itself. Anyway, I'd be grateful if you could look into this issue when you are available.

And by the same token, I'd like to express my gratitude to you and to Fix94 for the two fantastic pieces of software and for the time you have devoted to the community. Thank you!

Reactions: Cyan

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
(quoting here cause it's more related to usbloader)
If you already are using a multi-game memory card, don't forget to set MCEmu to "ON" instead of "individual" in USBGX settings.
It's a thing from the new revision? ..I had less options for Nintendont (with only ON or OFF for MCEmu).. I guess my rev's ON worked as "individual" ...I updated the boot.dol and was able to chose between the 3 options. And, yeah, now Nintendont accepts multi-game memory card normally :) (things work as they're supposed to with wii games on Port1 and GC games on Port0).
Thanks Cyan

Exit to loader works (worked) fine with me. did you set the channel to "return to" in the setting ?

what would be even better is supporting multiple partitions, and specifying the partitions to boot in the game's path when launched from external loaders.
um... ..so it means I need to have a USBLoader's Channel forwarder installed so I can use the exit-to-loader feature? ...since the "return to" option only showed me channels to chose from, I though that leaving it on Clean/off, it would by default return me to the USBLoader..

Also, I changed the "return to" to Homebrew channel, just to test things out, and it always reseted the wii for me (I only tested with the previous config I sayd before though; .....wii games on Port1 and GC games on Port0).

PS: just a unrelated not very important thing ...the setting for number of GC controllers is defaulted as 1 on the last rev ..wouldn't it be better to have it on 4 for default?... don't know if there would be some disadvantage for that, but could avoid noob questions about 2 players gameplay not working..

erginemr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PS: just a unrelated not very important thing ...the setting for number of GC controllers is defaulted as 1 on the last rev ..wouldn't it be better to have it on 4 for default?... don't know if there would be some disadvantage for that, but could avoid noob questions about 2 players gameplay not working..

I second to that, as I was one of those who scratched his head in confusion trying to figure out why the second classic controller had not been detected by Nintendont.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
some games don't work with 4 controllers registered.
It was decided (in nintendont thread) that MaxPads 1 was better for compatibility and only use more controller if the user needed it. So I set it to 1 too.

MaxPads is only for retail/official Gamecube controllers.
It shouldn't affect HID or Bluetooth's number of players.

HID and BT are always set to 4 and complete missing controllers.
if you set to 1 MaxPads, it will enable BT automatically for second-to-forth player.
Look at the diff here:
https://code.google.com/p/nintendon...&format=side&path=/trunk/loader/source/main.c

Maxpad = 1 + HID : enable 1 real GC PAD + HID as 2-3 player
Maxpad = 1 : enable 1 real GC PAD + BT as 2-4 player
Maxpad = 2-4 + anything else = BT is always enabled.

Reactions: Walker D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0