• Start date
  • Views 7,270,701
  • Replies 29,399
  • Likes 48

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
The only base 57 you have is 224 and thats not supported by rev938 so yes you need to install a cios that works with rev938 with base 57
Does rev1000 only use hermes v5 and above and does it need 222 to start for the 1st time to make the global cfg? I have a single 1tb wbfs if that helps 0 games show of 241 games on drive

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nimbulan said:
cobleman said:
938 works just fine look up the page at my earlier post copy the gxconfig i pasted into it and place it in your config folder on sd card
make sure you have cios249 rev 20 (i use base 56 and i use it to load usbloadergx) hermes cios222 36/37 v4 and cio223 base57 v5 all these cios's work very well for me also install cio236 for wad manager

Well after autoupdating to r938 I have a game list again, though still unable to launch. I think the original version I downloaded must not have actually been an older one. Your config is identical to mine other than a few custom paths you set so it didn't help either. Here's my current setup:

cios222v5 base 38
cios223v4 base 37-38
cios224v5 base 57
cios249v20 base 56
cios250v20 base 38

Is there really a need to change the base IOS on the Hermes cIOS's? I've been using cIOS 249 for everything with no problems at all. So far USB Loader GX has had the same black screen failure launching a game with cIOS 223 and 249.

There has been soooo much deliberation about which bases to use for hermes 222 and I always just use the default. You probably do want to switch back your 222 to hermes v4 though. Not sure you'll even be able to load games with v5. Once you install Hermes 222 v4 you should be good to go
smile.gif

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
I just updated my cousins wii he has a Fat32 drive. I installed COD:BO and set the loader to boot from 249rev20 base 56 and in game settings i use hermes 223 v5 base 57(on my WBFS drive this combo works like a charm)but every time the loader starts it wants to either goto 222 or 249 it cant seem to make up its mind, with it doing this and not booting cleanly into UsbloaderGX COD:BO only goes to a black screen when loading anyone have a clue how to stop this or is there an earlier version of GX that will load Fat32 without wanting to reload 222 ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You didn't tell which revision you used for your cousin.

Is that rev1000 ?
or the last official beta r938 ?

if it's an old one :
Hermes V5 is not supported for FAT32/NTFS.
It could work, but it's not recommended.
if you still want to use it, try something between rev921-930

If it's a recent :
Since rev997, when loading USBloaderGX it's only switching to IOS222 if it detect IOS249 < rev18 as base + FAT32/NTFS partition as default.
But if you set an individual IOS for a game, it should be used correctly whatever revision you are using, except if it doesn't find it.
Are you sure IOS223 is correctly installed on you cousin's wii ?

To answer your previous post too :
rev1000 works with Hermes v4 and v5.
it's only v2 and v3 compatibility which were removed.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes its 222 37/38 v4. If i start with 222 then BO wont boot with 223 at all.It must be to do with the HDD speed and compatability. If you watch the slot light it takes upto 2 flashes before the drive starts

redkevin25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is the BEST! homebrew ever

i fixed me wii using the homebrew loader.

Maby a feature.

- load wad files.
- and load wiiware from sd card with ocari

surge21xx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are they really still testing? over 60 Revisions and no Dol or WAD post seems like they want us to use the Dev Kit...

I'd like to know if they are for certain still testing the program.
Here is what revision 1000 update showed (Posted Nov 14th)
QUOTE said:
WOOT WOOT Revision 1000 !!! Time for some real update.

Whole lot of new features added including:
* GC GAMES BOOTING FROM USB
* BANNER ANIMATION LIKE ON DISC CHANNEL
* BURNING WII GAMES FROM WBFS TO DVD-R
* SUPPORT FOR ALL USB2.0 HDDS
* NO GAME SIZE LIMITS
* EXT2 AND EXT3 FILESYSTEM SUPPORT
AND A LOT MORE.

Only missing features now: The Wii making you coffee and toasting your bread in the disc slot.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
They are (or they were) working on rewriting the whole USBloader to improve it.
It can't be achieved in few changes, and to keep track of all the changes the developers are posting them on the google code source.

Most of the revisions just break the compatibility with another part of the loader, so there are no new .dol until all is converted to the new code.
r997 and r1000 are the first "official" alpha test revision since r938.
It's only for testing purpose, there are still things to changes and fix.

Now, for the revision 1000, Dimok wanted to mark the reached goal by joking and saying that all of the long time noobs' requests (game cube USB loading) and long time requests were added. (banner animation, ext2, ext3, etc.)
It was meant to be funny !

But there are so many unfunny and ungrateful people, they were just ranting about the joke, "it's not April's fools, stop trying to be funny".
They didn't even understood the "1000" mark joke
frown.gif

Result : the developers loose their motivations to work on the loader for such douches.

I'm not sure if you will see any new revision soon (well maybe they will still work on it, but the google code site is now in sleep mode, no more tabs available).
You can say thank you to unfunny and ungrateful users (again).

rolandpibb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With the new 1000, I got Code dumps when I went into individual game settings and tried to change the loading ios. The ios on the games that were not my defaulted 222, said ios 1 and when I clicked on it to change it to 222 or 249 etc., got the code dump. I picked up the ability to play wii party, but lost the ability to play NSMB. I'm going back to r938

nimbulan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this the place to report bugs? I have encountered two code dumps so far with r1000:

- Attempting to change the loading IOS twice in a row.
- Attempting to change the cover path from SD->USB (directory already exists)

DPyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just changed my drive to NTFS. How do I get the loader to read the drive now? In the Game Load menu I get a prompt telling me Loader GX only runs with Hermes CIOS rev 41. Where can I get that?

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
rolandpibb said:
With the new 1000, I got Code dumps when I went into individual game settings and tried to change the loading ios. The ios on the games that were not my defaulted 222, said ios 1 and when I clicked on it to change it to 222 or 249 etc., got the code dump. I picked up the ability to play wii party, but lost the ability to play NSMB. I'm going back to r938
I heard the r1000 has TONS of features though. Lucky you, I can't even get past the initial screen. It won't even detect my usb 2.0 - Although, r938 works 100% for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: done