Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
For anybody that bought one of those new WD mypassport USB3/USB2 drives:
It won't work with 222 v4 or v5.1.
My working setup for now is r20 249,57 globally and hermes v5.1 223,37 for some games.
For people who use a WBFS partition, the solution is to use an older revision of USB Loader GX (r938 doesn't work even using r249).
For people who use FAT32, the next official release of USB Loader GX will work with those drives for sure, at least using r249. For now the most adventurous can compile and use r1004 and it should work.

nimbulan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zorglub07 said:
For anybody that bought one of those new WD mypassport USB3/USB2 drives:
It won't work with 222 v4 or v5.1.
My working setup for now is r20 249,57 globally and hermes v5.1 223,37 for some games.
For people who use a WBFS partition, the solution is to use an older revision of USB Loader GX (r938 doesn't work even using r249).
For people who use FAT32, the next official release of USB Loader GX will work with those drives for sure, at least using r249. For now the most adventurous can compile and use r1004 and it should work.

I have a FAT32 drive working normally with r1000 and cIOS249 r20. r938 was also able to list the games on the drive, but I could not find a cIOS that would allow me to launch them (black screen every time).

rolandpibb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Brian10122 said:
rolandpibb said:
With the new 1000, I got Code dumps when I went into individual game settings and tried to change the loading ios. The ios on the games that were not my defaulted 222, said ios 1 and when I clicked on it to change it to 222 or 249 etc., got the code dump. I picked up the ability to play wii party, but lost the ability to play NSMB. I'm going back to r938
I heard the r1000 has TONS of features though. Lucky you, I can't even get past the initial screen. It won't even detect my usb 2.0 - Although, r938 works 100% for me.

I'm running 4.1U 222/223-rev 4, 249-rev 14 and 250-rev 65535 and I can't get Wii Party to load with GX. It runs fine with neogamma. Have you got Wii Party to co-operate with r938?

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
keyra said:
r1005 is out, they're back on itI am so glad to hear that the USB Loader GX team is still at it
yaywii.gif
I like USB Loader GX, never had any major issues, and was worried with a post I saw a while back. No worries now. Thanks USB Loader GX coders, your work is appreciated!

QUOTE(camurso_ @ Nov 29 2010, 12:15 PM) How do you know that?
The last revision I have is 938 and there's no update available...
Psst. I got a secret for you. Don't tell anyone else, OK?
wink.gif

Keep in mind that these are only code updates. The code was overhauled, and is not yet ready for public consumption. You can try compiling the new code yourself, but be aware that it is risky, and there is no support yet, so no asking for help on the official site, that's a no no.

-[]D

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
PPSainity said:
keyra said:
r1005 is out, they're back on itI am so glad to hear that the USB Loader GX team is still at it
yaywii.gif
I like USB Loader GX, never had any major issues, and was worried with a post I saw a while back. No worries now. Thanks USB Loader GX coders, your work is appreciated!

QUOTE(camurso_ @ Nov 29 2010, 12:15 PM) How do you know that?
The last revision I have is 938 and there's no update available...
Psst. I got a secret for you. Don't tell anyone else, OK?
wink.gif

-[]D

Thank you. That explains a lot! So, now does this mean we have to compile the source code everytime?

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You do not have to compile it for yourself, 1004 has been compiled for you to test, however these are still beta versions and as such will have some issues (hence no public release)

http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/iss...ail?id=1718#c64

See the bottom of the above link.

rolandpibb - how is it still buggy, interested in YOUR test results!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@rolandpibb :
Yeah, I'm curious to see all the bugs you found. Let us know.

Zorglub and me are doing all the beta tests for Dimok on our weekends
tongue.gif

The r1004 has a IOS reload bug (can't set a different IOS for an individual game setting).
Don't use IOS reloading, or compile r1005 instead.

I think most of the bugs are corrected.
There are still the 1.5Tb+ bug though. just use a shorter HDD or another loader in the meantime.
We don't have a big enough HDD to do the tests ourself, so if you are willing to help I'm sure Dimok will give you some revisions to try.
Let us know and I'll talk to him.

Maybe some homebrew launcher bugs too, I didn't debug this part yet. backup loading is the priority.

And There's a compatibility problem with Hermes and newer WD USB3 HDD. That's not a loader bug, but a cIOS fault. See Zorglub's comment on the previous page for more info.

All the other thing should work fine, but he is still working on improving the Wiitdb database parsing (almost ready).
We are working on the bugs first, we will see the new features later (altDol+, etc.)

cIOS 249 rev20 and Hermes cIOS v5.1 are working fine.
cIOS249 rev20 is now the recommended cIOS.

I made all my tests on SD & USB, FAT32 & WBFS, AHBPROT ON/OFF, cIOS rev17 & rev20 and Hermes v4. I didn't test Hermes 5.1 but Zorglub did.
I didn't try NTFS.

Edit :
Ah, just one important thing, almost all the default paths are changed. you will have to check them and replace them manually if needed.
By default, if no GXGlobal.cfg is found, all the paths are set to sub-folders of apps/usbloader_gx/

for example :
apps/usbloader_gx/images/
apps/usbloader_gx/images/cover/
apps/usbloader_gx/themes/
etc.

We should change that a little again. (codes, and textcodes are defaulted to subfolders too, I'll make them use root instead)

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
rolandpibb said:
keyra said:
r1005 is out, they're back on it
yeah, still buggy

I've built 1006 & it mostly seems more stable than before. At least you can start from scratch without an sdcard. You get some crashes if you try to do some things before saving the config, but before you had to edit the config manually.

spengh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried to rip a game from the original disk using r930 to a Fat32 formatted hd and received some kind of error... I have been able to rip successfully in the past with a different revision. Is there any particular ios i should use to rip with that combo? or do I need to use a different revision?

martinezgene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
@rolandpibb :
Yeah, I'm curious to see all the bugs you found. Let us know.

Zorglub and me are doing all the beta tests for Dimok on our weekends
tongue.gif

The r1004 has a IOS reload bug (can't set a different IOS for an individual game setting).
Don't use IOS reloading, or compile r1005 instead.

I think most of the bugs are corrected.
There are still the 1.5Tb+ bug though. just use a shorter HDD or another loader in the meantime.
We don't have a big enough HDD to do the tests ourself, so if you are willing to help I'm sure Dimok will give you some revisions to try.
Let us know and I'll talk to him.

Maybe some homebrew launcher bugs too, I didn't debug this part yet. backup loading is the priority.

And There's a compatibility problem with Hermes and newer WD USB3 HDD. That's not a loader bug, but a cIOS fault. See Zorglub's comment on the previous page for more info.

All the other thing should work fine, but he is still working on improving the Wiitdb database parsing (almost ready).
We are working on the bugs first, we will see the new features later (altDol+, etc.)

cIOS 249 rev20 and Hermes cIOS v5.1 are working fine.
cIOS249 rev20 is now the recommended cIOS.

I made all my tests on SD & USB, FAT32 & WBFS, AHBPROT ON/OFF, cIOS rev17 & rev20 and Hermes v4. I didn't test Hermes 5.1 but Zorglub did.
I didn't try NTFS.

Edit :
Ah, just one important thing, almost all the default paths are changed. you will have to check them and replace them manually if needed.
By default, if no GXGlobal.cfg is found, all the paths are set to sub-folders of apps/usbloader_gx/

for example :
apps/usbloader_gx/images/
apps/usbloader_gx/images/cover/
apps/usbloader_gx/themes/
etc.

We should change that a little again. (codes, and textcodes are defaulted to subfolders too, I'll make them use root instead)

I can try newer revisions. I have a few drives 1 2TB drive and a new 1TB with usb 3.0

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yep, that would help too
smile.gif

We usually test and release new betas revisions on weekends, when we can all share the same time together.
We meet on the IRC chan. (look at google code home page)

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smf said:
Gangboy said:
Fugitive said:
Can someone post a download link to r1006, please?
+1 for that
tongue.gif
Anyone?

it's much easier to build it yourself than ask for it.

Now that's certainly a helpful reply
tongue.gif

Almost as helpful as this one!
biggrin.gif

...much easier to build it yourself... why I oughta...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/v3JULO-C70U