• Likes 48

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
squablo said:
As far as titles.txt goes, I had just started another topic about renaming isos with WBFS manager. My question was, by renaming an iso with WBFS manager, could that have any negative effect on the iso? I read some posts stating that certain isos will be 'broken' if you rename them this way. They said wii sports and wii fit will break if done this way.

My point is this, if you can just rename everything with WBFS manager, then we dont really need the titles.txt for the game titles anymore, but would still come in handy for the parental controls, correct?

My whole thing is the game titles showing up correctly, im not really concerned with hiding games and whatnot. If I can just rename the isos with WBFS manager, then I wouldnt need a titles.txt at all.

Does anyone have any info on this?

If those are the only two titles that get broken, I'm sure no one minds too much. But yeah... I have a mere 35 games installed but every one of them works fine after using WBFS Manager to rename. I don't know if that's because I renamed before installing or if there are actually titles I don't have that DO break.

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Now that we can USB microphone and other USB things with cIOS from hermes, could it be possible to add this feature to this Loader?
This is in important feature and I don't think it is an easy work but that's a suggestion I already saw in this topic and I agree with the guy that posted this.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Linuks said:
Now that we can USB microphone and other USB things with cIOS from hermes, could it be possible to add this feature to this Loader?
This is in important feature and I don't think it is an easy work but that's a suggestion I already saw in this topic and I agree with the guy that posted this.
Go to the settings and set it to use cios222. Make sure it's installed.

tagteam3283

Trophies
XP
Country
SomeGuy2009 said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
cyrex said:
...I think it worked for you to pick up one that fits your games but for the most of the users it won't...
I DEFINITELY disagree! Most people DO benefit from the "titles.txt" file! For people like "BlindDude", who have well over 100 games, it would SUCK typing all those in by Wiimote!! A "titles.txt" file, like the one in my signature, can have over 1000 pre-customized titles!!

Please do NOT remove the "titles.txt" feature!!

Thanks, for hearing me out!!
rolleyes.gif

I agree. My kids mainly benefit from a titles.txt as I look at it like this.

The Wii is a Gaming Console Unit that is and will continue to be targeted @ kids and family entertainment in the living room. But since Daddy is tired of playing Spunge Bob Globs of Doom. I want to play ManHunt or MadWorld but dont want my kids to play those kind of games the title.txt takes care of this for me.

So haven that said I say THANKS to the teams that have made this posible. Without it I would have to just deal with it which kinda stinks since my 3 little ones play that Wii more than I do.

Now if I could only get the loader to work with different configs/themes/titles.txt that would even be better so I could have a loader with all the games with a cool adult theme and my kids can use the Disney Princess theme that someone on this board made for me a few weeks back. Hmmmmmm.

SG

i vote to keep the titles.txt and cjhange the system to write changes to the titles.txt as well

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
david432111 said:
Linuks said:

I heard a old version of CIOS222 was compatible but not the last one.

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Linuks said:
david432111 said:
Linuks said:

I heard a old version of CIOS222 was compatible but not the last one.
Exactly, only the cios222 beta3 is supported. The new from Hermes isn't compatible.

cyrex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
j0k3r said:
is it normal, that since the last Build, installing Games from DVD to USB-HDD, takes a lil bit longer as before ???
The ProcessBar are slower as before :/

Yes because it's back to the old code from wanis 1.1 since it's more stable. For now you have to deal with that "sloppy" solution... sry.

vettacossx said:
REGARDING THE BULLSHIT OVER THE TITLE.TXT

@ My Man Cyrex!

Hey dude im not here to bitch bro ;) I just wondered if you had a chance to read my post yesterday...

One way to help this title.txt issue is to simply ADD A TOOLTIP WHEN HIGHLIGHTING THE GAMES NAME IN THE LOADER "Click to Re-Name Title"

Reason i say this is i have "experimented" by giviong some semi-noobish friends this loader and letting them figure it out themselfs as far as the setup went...

My friend Vlad for example was able to find this app SO USER FRIENDLY IN FACT! that he set everything he needed up with no helop at all....He only had a single question....

"how to change the text of the game in my list of games"

IRONY WOULD HAVE IT! HE USED YOUR TOOLTIPS AND FIGURED MOST OF IT OUT WITHOUT ANY NEED FOR HELP (posting/asking) So that SINGLE MISSING TOOLTIP was the reason that he had to call at all! he did not realize that you can rename the games IN THE LOADER ITSELF

Hm i thought it was already added... i'll check that later.

moose94 said:
I hate to complain about stuff like this, but is there any reason the Loader is password protected by default? It seems like it would make more sense for the user to set their own password if they want the protection. I mean, anyone who wants that kind of functionality would already think to go to the settings to look for it, and it would cut down on every other page here having 4 or 5 posts dedicated to solving someone's catastrophic-lack-of-functionality bug that they just found that is happening only to them.

Additionally, since the default password is readily posted online, anyone really looking for protection has to go setup a new password anyway, so why bother setting one as a placeholder?

It's so easy with 2 clicks to set the loader perm. unlocked so it will be left this way, but you are right... a good documentation will come soon *promise*

--JoCa-- said:
Hm... I guess since they released v1.0 this loader kinda slowed down... Not tellign anyone to do anything, but back then I was like "OMG! what are they gonna do next!" and kept checking the site every 5 minutes or so
tongue.gif

Yeh everyones pretty busy right now, and we haven't seen hungy for days now
tongue.gif
. Also most of the stuff which is needed to run is "done" so now the goodies will be added step by step. Don't worry this project will go on and on and on ...
tongue.gif

QUOTE(wiimano @ May 15 2009, 11:20 PM)
great job so far, this is amazing. is there any way to get that background music back? its much better than the wii menu music, the one where you added drums and some other noises, much better to listen to while browsing. thanks mates

Ehm like i said a billion times now. Personally i liked the old music muuuuch better but since so many wanted the lame wii system menu music we changed it. It's not possible to serve everyone here so we will leave it with this music for now.

Posts merged

QUOTE(squablo @ May 16 2009, 05:22 AM)
As far as titles.txt goes, I had just started another topic about renaming isos with WBFS manager. My question was, by renaming an iso with WBFS manager, could that have any negative effect on the iso? I read some posts stating that certain isos will be 'broken' if you rename them this way. They said wii sports and wii fit will break if done this way.

My point is this, if you can just rename everything with WBFS manager, then we dont really need the titles.txt for the game titles anymore, but would still come in handy for the parental controls, correct?

My whole thing is the game titles showing up correctly, im not really concerned with hiding games and whatnot. If I can just rename the isos with WBFS manager, then I wouldnt need a titles.txt at all.

Does anyone have any info on this?

Sry for all of you because of the titles.txt ... i actually didn't think about the possibility that it could wreck the iso if you want to burn it later and wanna play it the normal way. Maybe we can find a nice solution for rename via wbfs and/or titles.txt. But anyway the parental lvls will be moved to the per game settings
tongue.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is this garbage about messing up the ISO? I Have renamed several of my games directly on the WBFS with our app as well as WBFS manager. Then I dump my entire collection to PC and all the original names are back there. I put them from PC to a WBFS drive and they still have original factory titles and they all play fine.

Whoever made up this rumor about corrupting the games probably still won't sit too close to the TV because their mom said it will hurt their eyes.

tlozano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when will be available the Hermes Cios 222 support? (last version, of course). I think that now it is the best cios for usb support. (no freezes, good hd support, Mic's support, etc).

I was using this loader at the same time of uloder (Hermes), but there are some problems with this that was resolved at uloader version.

I think this loader would be "almost perfect" if it had the support of this Cios 222, in its latest Herme's version.

Many thanks in advance.

Tom

Amour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I noticed a bug. When editing a game title, it will be cut to 39 chars always, even if you hit "cancel".

Here is my bug fix:

Index: cfg.c
===================================================================
- CFG.maxcharacters = 38;
+ CFG.maxcharacters = 126; // max size for renaming title

Index: menu.cpp
===================================================================
- char entered[40];
+ char entered[CFG.maxcharacters+1];

- entered[39] = '';
- OnScreenKeyboard(entered, 40,0);
+ entered[CFG.maxcharacters] = '';
+ OnScreenKeyboard(entered, CFG.maxcharacters+1,0);

Amour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have made and I plan to do many improvements on this USB Loader.

For example, I made:
* allowing to change the font size in theme.txt and correct handling of "pagesize" for having more than 9 lines displayed

And I plan to do:
* allowing extended keyboard (for inputing characters like à é è À É È Ç ß ½ « » “ ” € æ Æ …)

Is there a place or someone I should contact in order to be a programmer on this project?

schnitzelbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Amour said:
I have made and I plan to do many improvements on this USB Loader.

For example, I made:
* allowing to change the font size in theme.txt and correct handling of "pagesize" for having more than 9 lines displayed

And I plan to do:
* allowing extended keyboard (for inputing characters like à é è À É È Ç ß ½ « » “ ” € æ Æ …)

Is there a place or someone I should contact in order to be a programmer on this project?

http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/

slicer74

Trophies
Website
slicer74.ifrance.com
XP
Country
Canada
david432111 said:
Linuks said:

I have installed that latest version and the GX didn't see it.

It's 3 days now that i asked if this cIOS222v2 can be use instead of the cIOS36rev9+.

musicman61554

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was curious how to make a wad that works for this loader. Everytime I use the dol provided here I always get a code dump. Its the only wad I can never get to work. How does the main channel wad work provided on the 1st page. I can never get mine to work. Also I love the animated channel on the 1st page but is there any way I could change the music to it. I only know how to mess with the regular channels not animated.

nightwalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyway to make naming the games easier?

How about making it automatically rename the games to their correct title based on their Id? Would that work?

For example some of the games I have right now has Caps, some doesn't have caps, games like wii sports is called Sports for Revolution.

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For the LAST time. This loader supports only the first release of herme's cios222
You can find that at my site

All the other ones are NOT compatible.

Check changelog to see if they ever add support.

Site won't be updated to 341 as language files are not yet ready and I don't have time to update site with the info also

Tomorrow maybe or else on Monday.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
Ok kiddies. now that this puppy supports language files, I have started a thread for them. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=155252
please keep discussion about them there so as not to spam up this thread even more.

Be sure to post there your translation files. Accurate translations will be uploaded to our SVN in a new folder languages. We are counting on you guys
wink.gif

(PS: Please dont post an english file lol)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
david432111 said:
I've added this loader to the wiki.
Sorry pal, I deleted what you added to wikitemp, because USBLoaderGX was already there, and you just duplicated it to another column, and added some errors on the process.
The only thing I don't know right now is if Sorg fix is present or not.

Rambytes

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have 2 littles questions:

1-) Where I can find a complete config.txt file for this loader?

2-) Where I put the config.txt file if i'm using the channel version of the loader?

thanks alot!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1