• Views 7,164,944
  • Replies 29,363
  • Likes 48

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You don't use drive letters with DISKPART. It can assign them but they're not needed. I promise CLEAN will wipe out any virtual CD partition or those old crappy U3 bootable ones. :)

If it's a SanDisk try the tool linked in the second post here if DISKPART doesn't do it.
No idea what brand is, well, let me then go back and backup and wipe then, I'll tell you the results then.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you only have one HDD on your system try selecting both disk 1 and 2 on your list and cleaning them. It is really strange that something is showing up there as a separate physical drive when it's not. I've never seen that before.

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
If you only have one HDD on your system try selecting both disk 1 and 2 on your list and cleaning them. It is really strange that something is showing up there as a separate physical drive when it's not. I've never seen that before.
A friend thinks the company that made it (it was a gift for my uncle) might have worked a separate physical device, still, I have no idea why USBLoader GX CFG and wiiflow go right ahead and try to mount that one and don't give me the choice. The error is that the USB stick couldn't be mounted, which is false, as Cleanrip and nintendon't make use of it

EDIT: Didn't work.
https://imgur.com/a/6IIj5

Last edited by Duncan Idaho,

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's bad, yeah, but you can't do much.
you need to keep your project opensource due to GPL.
if it's opensource, they could modify to remove the AP. but I'm sure they don't bother and just release existing files as theirs.

it's on my todo list, prevent wii from being deactivated on Wii/vWii if USB is not connected.
I can see what I can do while using WiiVC too.

oh, and thanks !
There is definitely a ISFS permission to patch in the IOS255, different than the one I'm currently using for hermes' IOS.
thanks a lot to Fix94, as always :)
static const u8 isfs_perm_wiivc_old[] = { 0x42, 0x9F, 0xD1, 0x03, 0x20, 0x00, 0xBD, 0xF0, 0x09, 0x8B, 0xE7, 0xF8, 0x20, 0x66 };
static const u8 isfs_perm_wiivc_patch[] = { 0x42, 0x9F, 0x46, 0xC0, 0x20, 0x00, 0xBD, 0xF0, 0x09, 0x8B, 0xE7, 0xF8, 0x20, 0x66 };

r1269 mod03 !
http://www.mediafire.com/?74jbrzozleqnk
Last min release before my holidays (vacancies, going to family, I won't be there next week).
I let you see what's fixed ;)
thank fix94 for that, not me.
Hey @Cyan, I missed this post and was wondering where to get r1269 mod03, it isnt in the link, thanks

istmeedoofer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recreated the banner repository since gxarena is down, and I had all the banners.

To use it set the banner path to xxx is it still possible to grab the banners via usb loader gx?)

The GitHub repository is at xxx

Hi Larsenv,

A massive thanks for setting this up, really appreciated, works like a charm, as commented very quick as well..

Thanks again,
Itsmee.

Reactions: Larsenv

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey @Cyan, I missed this post and was wondering where to get r1269 mod03, it isnt in the link, thanks
https://www.mediafire.com/file/232780esy10r6po/USBLoaderGX+r1269_mod03.7z

it has support for WiiU gamepad from a WiiVC forwarder channel. if you enable wiimote passthrough you can use the wiimote in the loader interface but gamepad will be disabled on NAND channels.
I edited the boot sequence to use AHB access rightaway instead of reloading to (c)IOS, unless requesting another IOS in meta.xml. I might change that again.
I removed patches applied to IOS58.

Last edited by Cyan,

keefcycle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've read the forum at length, but I can't quite find the problem I'm having.

I installed the loader and the forwarder. I believe I have the correct cios' in the right places in 58 and 249 as I can play my Wii and Gamescube backups without problem with one exception.

I have the latest Nintendont version from a few days ago and the latest Usbloader Gx. I have made sure the game paths are correct.

I can start and play any Wii backup from my usb on port 0 or installed nand games and then exit back to the loader or Wii menu when finished with no problems at all.

my problem is this:

I can start and play my Gamecube backups from the loader which starts nintendont and the games play just fine. When I exit the games using the home key, in all cases with the exception of my copy of 'batman begins', the game exits then USBloader Gx starts but fails to initialise my USB stick thus my Wii backups are no longer available. If I exit to the Wii menu this works but it does not initialise the USB stick if I start USBloaderGX again. If I try to exit to the homebrew channel it goes to a blank screen and hangs. The the wimote still shows as connected but with nothing happening when buttons are pressed.

The only way to get USBloaderGX to initialise the USB again is to do a hard reset (switch it off and on again).

There is absolutely nothing wrong with my usb stick I can play gamecubes games all day using nintendont directly and the same with Wii games from USBloader GX and CFG loader.

What can I do to fix this, please?

Last edited by keefcycle,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it looks like your drive went to sleep due to inactivity, and it can't be wake up anymore.
you said it happens in different places (usbloaders, homebrew channel, wii menus) so I think it's not an issue of the loader itself and is probably a hardware issue.
See if you can edit the sleep timer using your HDD manufacturer's tools.

Maybe it's something else, but I don't know why your drive stop being accessible when exiting nintendont.
maybe it should be reported in nintendont thread instead.

Flash drive in general are not recommended on Wii/WiiU homebrew for all these strange issues.

Last edited by Cyan,

keefcycle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

No, the failure happens in a repeatable single condition only. Symptoms are given to illuminate the issue and are subseqent to the repeatable failure condition only.

When USBloaderGX attempts to re initialise the usb stick (where my wii games are) after playing and then exiting gamecube games that are located on my sd card it fails (Why does it do this and why does it's state change?). The symptoms are subsequent. At no point dos my usb stick 'go to sleep' or become inaccessible with the one exception of using usbloaderGX. I made that clear by saying that it works fine when used separately with another loader and when accessing nintendont directly.

2 hours solid of playing chibi robo gamecube and then at least two more or playing super mario bros wii followed by batman begins gamecube or beyond good and evil gamecube don't result in a loss of access to either the usb stick or the sd card when NOT using usbloadergx.

So, it's a config issue or a bug with usbloadergx or perhaps a different version of a cios is to be preferred. What version do you recommend?

thanks for reading.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by keefcycle,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

No, the failure happens in a repeatable single condition only. Symptoms are given to illuminate the issue and are subseqent to the repeatable failure condition only.

When USBloaderGX attempts to re initialise the usb stick (where my wii games are) after playing and then exiting gamecube games that are located on my sd card it fails (Why does it do this and why does it's state change?). The symptoms are subsequent. At no point dos my usb stick 'go to sleep' or become inaccessible with the one exception of using usbloaderGX. I made that clear by saying that it works fine when used separately with another loader and when accessing nintendont directly.

2 hours solid of playing chibi robo gamecube and then at least two more or playing super mario bros wii followed by batman begins gamecube or beyond good and evil gamecube don't result in a loss of access to either the usb stick or the sd card when NOT using usbloadergx.

So, it's a config issue or a bug with usbloadergx or perhaps a different version of a cios is to be preferred. What version do you recommend?

thanks for reading.

Any thoughts?

Use a HDD. There is no way to get flash drives to work properly. Nintendo has said they do not work properly with the Wii U and they definitely don't work well with Wii homebrew. Only with Dragon Quest X, which has its own IOS to handle them.

Reactions: wicksand420

keefcycle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Use a HDD. There is no way to get flash drives to work properly. Nintendo has said they do not work properly with the Wii U and they definitely don't work well with Wii homebrew. Only with Dragon Quest X, which has its own IOS to handle them.

well, that's odd as it's only this program they don't work with and I've had my wii and this stick working just fine for a couple of years now.

Reactions: ajd4096

keefcycle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I loaded Abz wiiflow4 master pack and everything works just fine with no adjustments needed.
Shame, as I prefer USBloaderGX layout and look.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi @Cyan :)
Any goals on the WiiVC end for USB Loader GX?
what do you mean by goals?

I already added support for Wiiu gamepad support when launched from WiiVC, but it's (released) beta only for now. I didn't have time to fix the remaining bugs to make a proper release yet.
you can find 1269mod03 linked few posts above.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
what do you mean by goals?

I already added support for Wiiu gamepad support when launched from WiiVC, but it's (released) beta only for now. I didn't have time to fix the remaining bugs to make a proper release yet.
you can find 1269mod03 linked few posts above.
I mean, afaik USB support is locked on WiiVC mode, also cIOS reload may break DRC support. Perhaps a Wiiflow's plugin style support would be great for emulation with cover flow, also, there isn't a way to load a Wii retail game on IOS255 (hence with cIOS reload)? Can we somehow build a WiiVC title with build-in ISOs (something like Nintendont does with GCVC)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1