USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by cyrex, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    do you have enough battery power ? I had this issue when the controller was missing battery, and I needed to charge it.
    that could be a weird question, sorry if it sounds like I'm looking at you like a kid, that's a real possibility :P

if it's charges, then I don't know the issue.
    does it work fine inside nintendont or other compatible homebrew ? reread your message, you said it worked.
    Then, I don't know why it doesn't work.

Last edited by Cyan, Aug 30, 2017
  2. lisreal2401

lisreal2401 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    Send me a message - I'll give it a try. I'll also try booting a GC game with my Nintendon't settings on the stable build as well to see if it is fixed on that end - I assumed it was a loader issue so I haven't been booting GC games from this since then.

3. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    WUPC battery never dies xD, it's fully charged can play nintendont just fine with it.

4. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    if you have time, you could try an older version of the loader, but I don't remember how many time I changes the sources. maybe it always worked the same way.
    I don't know why you have issue, sorry.

5. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    @lisreal2401 I'm using 1262 with nintendont latest release and don't have any problem

6. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    you both are experiencing bugs that the other one don't have :lol:
    I don't like when it's weird, unreproducible (not easily) bugs

7. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    I even tested a second controller that I have!, at least GCN controller is working under nintendont, so, oh well.

8. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    If anyone wants to test what I sent to Cyan for the newest devkitPro upgrade/Nintendont settings the boot.dol for it is in this post. It's included in the archive with the patch for SourceForge.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The Triforce/GCN BIOS is handled by Nintendont exclusively. If you mean the option to disable it, it hasn't been released officially for GX yet.

@Cyan How is your brioche coming along? :)

Last edited by GreyWolf, Aug 30, 2017
    cucholix likes this.
  9. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Lisreal tested my build, and it worked fine (both nintendont settings and FAT)

I didn't make a new brioche since the last time, in my blog, that's my only one I made :P
    (or maybe I did, but it wasn't worth remembering? lol)
    I'll make a millefeuille this week ! hehe

edit:
    It was very good, too bad I didn't have a camera to take pictures.
    It won't go to my blog :(
    it means, I'll have to make it again haha

Last edited by Cyan, Sep 1, 2017
    cucholix likes this.
  10. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Those are good but I hate making custard. :P

I think I've gotten the FAT32 fragment-gathering working without requiring a custom filesystem library. I need to do the same with NTFS/ext2 now.

11. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    @GreyWolf, @Cyan I found the error when initializing WUPC, it needs cIOS249 in the global config "LoaderIOS = 249", I think it's hardcoded to 249? Because my 251 is exactly the same as my 249 both base 58 (IIRC it was so long ago since I installed cIOS :P)

Also, in "the exit to" setting it doesn't list Nintendo official channels, would it possible add [HCBA] Wii U menu?

Last edited by cucholix, Aug 31, 2017
  12. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    The libWUPC doesn't rely on a specific cIOS slot (it works with IOS58 too, no cIOS needed while inside the loader)
    Do you have a Wii (not wiiu) Classic controller (normal or pro) ? just to check if they work. or any extra accessory (other than nunchuk I guess? or maybe even nunchuck is not working in the loader when using slot251?)

I know that a bad installed cIOS can cause the wiimote to lose sync completely, it even delete the sync info from SYSCONF at cIOS reload. you need to reinstall the cIOS to fix that issue.
    Maybe your cIOS 251 has been incorrectly installed, and it affects wiimote accessories ? (though, I don't think they are registered in SYSCONF, only the balance board is, as accessory)

Try to reinstall your cIOS in that slot.

Exit to HBCA as been requested few times, I might add it to exit directly to wiiu.

Last edited by Cyan, Aug 31, 2017
    cucholix likes this.
  13. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    Yes, Wii Classic Controller, Nunchuk all they work under slot 251, only Wii U Pro Controller with slot 251 fail, will do a SysCheck when I have time maybe I'm using base 36 (?) in one of them (I can't recall tbh); it doesn't bother me using slot 249 :P, just though it was worth report it.

14. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    Here are my cIOS
    vIOS251[58] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii): NAND Access, USB 2.0
    vIOS249[58] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52-vWii): NAND Access, USB 2.0

I guess v10beta53-alt-vWii is to blame?

15. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    ahh, maybe, but I don't remember users reporting r53 being incompatible with WUPC.
    maybe nobody tested it.

just try reinstalling with r52, it's better anyway. r53 has few problems (game compatibility, hardware compatibility, etc.)

cucholix likes this.
  16. nerubii

nerubii Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2007
    Zimbabwe
    in case anyone interested in modding this version, here are the libraries required to build it..
    1. devkitPro - should come with devkitPPC r29-1 and libogc 1.8.16; check <devkit install path>\installed.ini for the versions. if not, download them manually
    2. official usb loader gx portlibs, extract only portlibs to the path you have installed devkit
    3. libwupc, extract to portlibs\ppc
    4. libtremor, as attached by GreyWolf; extract to portlibs\ppc
    now, we need a specific revision from the trunk, r1269
    1. install TortoiseSVN
    2. Designate a directory for your workspace, right-click any whitespace in the explorer, click SVN Checkout...
    3. download Badablek's version, https://mega.nz/#!zUNS0RBK!XJgx_AzPdpK4x7J3EHGNSKg0xJP3PUobK_cl__hS8BQ
    4. extract to and overwrite the revision you have checked out
    5. in the directory with makefile, open command prompt and execute make to test if everything compiles fine
    I have reverted some of his changes and sharing it with everyone else here in case you are interested.

let me know if i have missed out anything. thanks!

*Edit* I've reuploaded the correct file which i want to share.. =P

Attached Files:

Last edited by nerubii, Sep 3, 2017
  17. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Badablek's latest mod is based on my fork at around r1264 from what I remember, not 1269. 1264 is the last commit I made that is essentially identical to USB Loader GX and it's a mistake to assume anything after that is compatible.

18. nerubii

nerubii Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2007
    Zimbabwe
    true, but we could always check commit history or revision graph.

r1274 was the revision you committed the libtremor dated march 25th 2017.
    your post on the libtremor commit is dated march 25th 2017.
    the revision before 1274 is 1269.
    his post is dated march 26th 2017.
    his post hinted on revision 1269.
    the source he shared was named 1259 though.

the confusion was probably due to "official" revision 1263..

i've tested r1269, no issues so far.

Last edited by nerubii, Sep 2, 2017
  19. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    The revision numbers for Streamline aren't necessarily releases. They're just a commit count to make it easier to identify what they are. The commits tagged as releases are stable, the others are just working copies. Until Cyan releases a new build your best bet is the official r1262 with the patch I posted a few pages back if you want a stable code base that's newer than the current release.

EDIT: r1269 actually has a bug that can cause the console to hang when launching some titles. The bug was introduced in the Feb 13 2017 commit and fixed in the Apr 29 2017 commit.

Last edited by GreyWolf, Sep 3, 2017
  20. nerubii

nerubii Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2007
    Zimbabwe
    yes. that's right. i'm a dev as well btw. oh ya, thanks for the info on r1269. will migrate his code to revision date Apr 29 2017.

just started looking into wii homebrew, usb loader gx, source code a day or two back; as there appears to be some issues with usb loader gx, especially when loading gc or channels list. it wld lock up while loading up the list. wbfs no issues.

hdd is 4tb 4k sectors split into 2 partitions.

i no longer rmb why i had two partitions alrdy.

Last edited by nerubii, Sep 3, 2017