• Thread starter cyrex
  • Start date
  • Views 7,179,475
  • Replies 29,366
  • Likes 48
D

Deleted User

Hey:
Does anybody know if a fix for the WC24 issues will occur for USBLGX? RiiConnect24 mail is out, and users experience bugs that arent related to the patch (Larsenv asked before but was dismissed).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
a fix for WC24?
Riiconnect works by patching the IOS used by these channels (IOS35? I'm not sure) to replace nintendo url with riiconnect one.
To work on usbgx it would require a way to use the official IOS when launching a channel installed on NAND (I tried but failed to implement that ! it just crashes), it will not work with channels on emuNAND. another way would be to patch nintendo url inside d2x cIOS. I'm not even sure these channels worked online with d2x when WC24 was still active.

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
a fix for WC24?
Riiconnect works by patching the IOS used by these channels (IOS35? I'm not sure) to replace nintendo url with riiconnect one.
To work on usbgx it would require a way to use the official IOS when launching a channel installed on NAND (I tried but failed to implement that ! it just crashes), it will not work with channels on emuNAND. another way would be to patch nintendo url inside d2x cIOS. I'm not even sure these channels worked online with d2x when WC24 was still active.

Ios 31 ;)

D

Deleted User

a fix for WC24?

We copied IOS module from real IOS80 (with our patches) and put it inside our cIOS (base 80, slot 251: I can PM it you if needed); it errors out on 102031 (No network connection), for example, even when my gate is open and a friend is over (In AC:CF)/when I'm viewing rankings and darting back to it (MKW)

But if it's unable to be fixed, then KK :P

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the channel is run from real NAND ?
emuNAND doesn't support online (we never understood why).
But maybe the network issue is due to USBLoaderGX way of booting channels.
you can try to change the boot method in Loader settings>Channel boot method : normal <-> dol

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We copied IOS module from real IOS80 (with our patches) and put it inside our cIOS (base 80, slot 251: I can PM it you if needed); it errors out on 102031 (No network connection), for example, even when my gate is open and a friend is over (In AC:CF)/when I'm viewing rankings and darting back to it (MKW)

But if it's unable to be fixed, then KK :P

I don't understand what needs to be fixed. USB Loader GX doesn't have anything to do with the message board except adding last played info for titles launched through it. If you're talking about stuff like the Mario Kart channel there's not much we can do about it connecting to RiiConnect as it's the code from Wii System Menu Player and doesn't run channel scripts.

D

Deleted User

I don't understand what needs to be fixed. USB Loader GX doesn't have anything to do with the message board except adding last played info for titles launched through it. If you're talking about stuff like the Mario Kart channel there's not much we can do about it connecting to RiiConnect as it's the code from Wii System Menu Player and doesn't run channel scripts.

When you attempt to use the Wii Message board when launching your game from USB Loader GX, 102031 occurs (Network connection issue), when it shouldn't.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you attempt to use the Wii Message board when launching your game from USB Loader GX, 102031 occurs (Network connection issue), when it shouldn't.

I would guess that's a cIOS issue. USB Loader GX doesn't launch the message board at all. Full cIOS EmuNAND is supposed to use whatever sysconf is in your dump and NEEK does as well.

Last edited by GreyWolf,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I would guess that's a cIOS issue. USB Loader GX doesn't launch the message board at all. Full cIOS EmuNAND is supposed to use whatever sysconf is in your dump and NEEK does as well.
I'm talking about sysNAND, but kk..
(The error it gives is "network error during setup")

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that's strange that it's a network error while it's trying to access local data on the message board.

That's why I thought you tried a channel (which reads message board or mii on the animated banner).
which game is reading messages stored on the message board?

Did you try launching the game from disc, but with that cIOS slot? with a modchip, or GeckoOS, something not involving USB loaders.
That way you'll know if the issue is the IOS or the way the game is launched when using USB Loaders.

flzmx

pull requested once
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to delete my config files to fix an issue I was having, and instead of generating a new one, USB Loader GX will freeze at loading config files.
Please help?

flzmx

pull requested once
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have your config on Sd or USB?
if no SD card, are you using a USB flash drive? (write mode has issues on flash devices, thought SD card works fine)
The config was on USB.
I tried starting without USB, then added in the USB and restarted. It still freezes at "Loading config files"
I also checked my SD card and it turns out that no config files are saved to my SD card. It has a couple gigabytes left so it's not out of storage...
Edit: Turns out it won't load the home menu and will softlock when doing so, if added when in the settings menu.

Last edited by flzmx,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
without config file it should create it, but it's not created at launch, it's saved from memory to device when you exit the loader.
I don't understand why it freeze at launch without a config. even if you had a bad or old config file, it should fix it next time you exit the loader.

it freezes only when the USB is plugged?
You can try to replace the meta.xml with a clean one too, it has some bypassing settings inside.

flzmx

pull requested once
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try to replace the meta.xml with a clean one too, it has some bypassing settings inside.
Where would the meta.xml file be located?

It seems to softlock now whenever I go back to the main menu from a game settings or global settings page. It'll still play music, and I can still move the Wiimote and have it detected, but it won't change screens.

Edit: I'm guessing you're talking about the one for the Homebrew Launcher.

Last edited by flzmx,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
on your SD card (or usb, if you don't use SD card at all), in apps/usbloader_gx/ folder you have all the files used by the loader.
The meta.xml is used by HBC to display the homebrew information, but that file also contains some settings used by the USBLoader at launch.

You can find an original (unedited) meta.xml here or from my signature.
If you don't have revision 1262, you can update the loader too (replace the boot.dol file from the link in my signature)

So, you can go into the settings? and see games settings? so you can launch the loader without freezes now?
Sorry, your explanations seems confused to me.

What I understand :
You have the homebrew on your SD card.
booting the loader freezes at "loading settings" if you have the USB connected?
If you manage to boot the loader (without usb ?) you can list games
if you go to game settings or general settings, exiting back to the main window freezes/lag ...

it looks like an issue from an old version.
Are you sure you use 125x ?
Please don't use 1252 to 1259, these version are unstable and can corrupt and delete your partition.

flzmx

pull requested once
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can find an original (unedited) meta.xml here or from my signature.
If you don't have revision 1262, you can update the loader too (replace the boot.dol file from the link in my signature)

So, you can go into the settings? and see games settings? so you can launch the loader without freezes now?
Sorry, your explanations seems confused to me.
I'm using r1262.
I can load the loader without freezing, and can see the settings for both the game settings and global settings. However, if I back out of the settings when the USB device is still initialized and/or plugged in, then USB Loader GX will freeze.
EDIT: How do you have revision 1263? I can't find that in the SourceForge page. I also tried your meta.xml. The loader still freeze when exiting settings.

Last edited by flzmx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like cinnamon raisin toast in the mornings, with my vodka orange juice.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Eat da po-po? Same thing really.
    Veho @ Veho: +1