• Replies 29,352
  • Likes 47

Lantern2814

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamecube are not using 249 at all, and the loader is reloading to 58 before booting into nintendont. so it's not an issue with the IOS.
it's an official wiimote? (don't remember if I asked you or another user, but it was in another thread).
did you try another hard drive? (or a hard drive instead of a flash drive)
did you try loading gamecube games from SD card with and without the USB connected?
Yes it is an official Wiimote, its the one that came with the WiiU. My games are not write protected. I originally was using an old WD 500GB 2.5 inch sata hard drive, with a sata to usb adapter that was externally powered since I do not have an external. While moving it back an forth to my computer and the I dropped it and the platters must have touched because it started grinding when powered. Wii games would both dump and launch from that drive. GC games from SD work both with or without the USB.

Last edited by Lantern2814,

TheBroCode

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to compile everything myself using Cyan's tutorial here, maybe things have changed a bit or I have no clue what I'm doing (more likely) and I'm running into a problem.

Code:
> "make" 
StartUpProcess.cpp
In file included from c:/Users/x/Desktop/usbloader/source/StartUpProcess.cpp:13:0:
c:/Users/x/Desktop/usbloader/source/system/runtimeiospatch.h:52:20: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef int s32'
 typedef signed int s32;
                    ^~~
In file included from c:/devkitPro/libogc/include/ogc/dsp.h:39:0,
                 from c:/devkitPro/libogc/include/gccore.h:39,
                 from c:/Users/x/Desktop/usbloader/source/GUI/gui.h:32,
                 from c:/Users/x/Desktop/usbloader/source/StartUpProcess.h:4,
                 from c:/Users/x/Desktop/usbloader/source/StartUpProcess.cpp:2:
c:/devkitPro/libogc/include/gctypes.h:24:17: note: previous declaration as 'typedef int32_t s32'
 typedef int32_t s32;    ///< 32bit signed integer
                 ^~~
make[1]: *** [StartUpProcess.o] Error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 00:15

I believe I have everything set up (devkitpro, libogc_portlibs_20150328, latest svn), I'm on Windows 10 64-bit if that's a problem. Any help for a noob? :P

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to compile everything myself using Cyan's tutorial here, maybe things have changed a bit or I have no clue what I'm doing (more likely) and I'm running into a problem.

Code:
> "make"
StartUpProcess.cpp
In file included from c:/Users/x/Desktop/usbloader/source/StartUpProcess.cpp:13:0:
c:/Users/x/Desktop/usbloader/source/system/runtimeiospatch.h:52:20: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef int s32'
typedef signed int s32;
                    ^~~
In file included from c:/devkitPro/libogc/include/ogc/dsp.h:39:0,
                 from c:/devkitPro/libogc/include/gccore.h:39,
                 from c:/Users/x/Desktop/usbloader/source/GUI/gui.h:32,
                 from c:/Users/x/Desktop/usbloader/source/StartUpProcess.h:4,
                 from c:/Users/x/Desktop/usbloader/source/StartUpProcess.cpp:2:
c:/devkitPro/libogc/include/gctypes.h:24:17: note: previous declaration as 'typedef int32_t s32'
typedef int32_t s32;    ///< 32bit signed integer
                 ^~~
make[1]: *** [StartUpProcess.o] Error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 00:15

I believe I have everything set up (devkitpro, libogc_portlibs_20150328, latest svn), I'm on Windows 10 64-bit if that's a problem. Any help for a noob? :P

Did you get the code from Google Code or SourceForge? Google Code is shut down and can't be updated anymore.

You need:
devkitPPC r28
Source from SF
Either devkitPro portlibs or this archive of the required ones.
It should compile with just "make" from the source root folder. Maybe do a "make clean" first just in case.

Make sure the portlibs folder is
"/devkitPro/portlibs/ppc/include"
"/devkitPro/portlibs/ppc/lib"

TheBroCode

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you get the code from Google Code or SourceForge? Google Code is shut down and can't be updated anymore.

You need:
devkitPPC r28
Source from SF
Either devkitPro portlibs or this archive of the required ones.
It should compile with just "make" from the source root folder. Maybe do a "make clean" first just in case.

Make sure the portlibs folder is
"/devkitPro/portlibs/ppc/include"
"/devkitPro/portlibs/ppc/lib"

All from SourceForge, I used devkitProUpdater-1.6.0.exe so I think I have devkitPPC r28, and I'm using the archive you linked for the portlibs.

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
set IOS to 58 in the loader's settings.
The WiiU and the vWii like it, the cIOS doesn't like it.
or you can also set cIOS based on IOS58, but not all games will work (most of them will black screen).

the only way I think about fixing this issue is forcing users to mount the drive with IOS58, but it's not working for all users (some users even have crashes at launch when using 58, so I can't force that IOS to init the drive).

Meh, it's fine. Everything works just fine with my USB 2.0 drive. I would love to move away from it but not at the expense that games will not work or other oddities.

Ahh, speaking of black screen (for users above) : Are your games write protected?
if they are, just remove the write protected mode of your ISO files.
it seems the FATLib doesn't like write protected files.
that's another bug I will have to fix (I added library with attribute support, I need to test attribute detection and edition before launching the games now)
How would you write protect an ISO?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, it's fine. Everything works just fine with my USB 2.0 drive. I would love to move away from it but not at the expense that games will not work or other oddities.

How would you write protect an ISO?

Set it as read-only on a computer. It's a filesystem bit.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't test r28, you can try and see if you have any warnings or error when compiling.
I had to rewrite a function to make it compatible from r26 to r27, so maybe something else changed which will require an update of the sources.

TheBroCode

Trophies
XP
Country
I was also trying to compile the forwarder and got an error on "&TVPal574IntDfScale" in video.c, not sure if it's related to the different devkitPPC versions - I just took out that section and it compiled fine, I don't think I ever use Pal574 so it shouldn't affect anything (hopefully).

Anyway I managed to do what I wanted (just some minor cosmestic stuff on startup), thanks for the help :D

EDIT: @Cyan would these files be ok to upload? Other Aapa theme users might appreciate it for the ultra-minimalist look

Last edited by TheBroCode,

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did finally manage to get an RVT-R title to boot on USB Loader GX. :) (Turns out the Black Knight prototype has a corrupted H3 table, and d2x doesn't seem to patch out the H3 check.)

This was done by replacing the ticket, TMD, and certificate chain with a fakesigned retail version. Next step is to get USB Loader GX to do this itself. (Either that, or the key replacement I already tried actually does work, and it was just the H3 table getting in the way. Will test it more tonight.)

In case anyone's curious: The games I tested are Mario & Sonic 2010, "GamesCom Preview" and "Review" builds.
Patches are here (VCDIFF, use xdelta3): ms2010.rvt.patches.zip

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was also trying to compile the forwarder and got an error on "&TVPal574IntDfScale" in video.c, not sure if it's related to the different devkitPPC versions - I just took out that section and it compiled fine, I don't think I ever use Pal574 so it shouldn't affect anything (hopefully).

Anyway I managed to do what I wanted (just some minor cosmestic stuff on startup), thanks for the help :D

EDIT: @Cyan would these files be ok to upload? Other Aapa theme users might appreciate it for the ultra-minimalist look

Change TVPal574IntDfScale to TVPal576IntDfScale

Aapa is the only style I appreciate on ULGX. I have multiple backups of it. :P

Last edited by GreyWolf,
Reactions: TheBroCode

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know why when I launched Nintendont from USB Loader GX on vWii, my system got a DSI exception error?

I'm using The latest compiled USB Loader GX 1263, and I'm using the latest Nintendont MasterMod.
I'm gonna try switching to the latest release of USB Loader GX and the latest regular version of Nintendont.

Last edited by MattKimura,

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone know why when I launched Nintendont from USB Loader GX on vWii, my system got a DSI exception error?

I'm using The latest compiled USB Loader GX from 11-5-16, and I'm using the latest Nintendont MasterMod.
I'm gonna try switching to the latest release of USB Loader GX and the latest regular version of Nintendont.
in what place did you put nintendont and what did you call the filename?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things