• Views 7,181,789
  • Replies 29,367
  • Likes 48

istmeedoofer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no problem whatsoever with that setup. Use r1256-1257..

I reported seeing the same issue initially but since then I have been unable to reproduce it, I only own a couple of CG games though so if I'm honest I've not really used it too much since then.

The network issue is something I have experience regularly, I may not be able to test real time but certainly could test, I'm in the UK so timing may be easier.....

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
emuNAND Virtual Console always run great on my Wii, and I think it was because of the folder is in a 2GB SD Card formatted as FAT16. Problematic titles such as Majora Mask worked pretty well, but I wanted to change the SD card for a newer one, to avoid failure (that SD card was at least four years old) and it didn't work well anymore, sometimes the game starts, sometimes don't.

I always had problems to create sneek/uneek, always hanging on a black screeen and the disc slot blinking. ModMii helped and finally i got to work, but I still prefer the old emuNAND from cIOS for DLC games and such, fortunately it still works on this case (I tried to run a game under uneek and it worked, but when I put any rhythm game, the audio goes out of sync. For me, it is pretty pointless for DLC because rhythm games that have a lot of DLC on Wii).

ltsheppard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
With ModMii, it's really easy to do. However, finding ModMii if you're new to the scene (or Nand Emulation) is not.

emuNAND Virtual Console always run great on my Wii, and I think it was because of the folder is in a 2GB SD Card formatted as FAT16. Problematic titles such as Majora Mask worked pretty well, but I wanted to change the SD card for a newer one, to avoid failure (that SD card was at least four years old) and it didn't work well anymore, sometimes the game starts, sometimes don't.

That's interesting. FAT16 you say? Majora's Mask didn't start for me at all, afair. But I have my SD formatted to FAT32. I might try 16 though...

Edit: Sadly, it did not solve the problem. The game still freezes after some time.

Last edited by ltsheppard,

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I believe nintendont autoboot issues are related to not using argboot and cfg file version
This is what happened with my wiiflow 1054 mod which doesn't use argboot and was fixed by making nintendont cfg version = 6
As for wiiflow 1076 mod which uses argboot the autoboot issue did not take place

sparkswordkirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could somebody help me out? i had usbloader gx working perfectly with an ntfs and fat32 partition for wii and gc games, but i started it up a month later today, and the ntfs partition just isn't displaying anything. the loader knows it's there, but it's not showing any of the games on it. i'm really confused on what the problem is:[

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could somebody help me out? i had usbloader gx working perfectly with an ntfs and fat32 partition for wii and gc games, but i started it up a month later today, and the ntfs partition just isn't displaying anything. the loader knows it's there, but it's not showing any of the games on it. i'm really confused on what the problem is:[

Starting basic here.. Do you have USB loader gx set to display Wii games on your ntfs partition. This is an option on the main screen in one of the menus.

Last edited by ngs428,

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err, so I looked on GameTBD and it turns out that the 40 missing images thing was actually closer to like 10 things. It turns out the other 30 missing things were just discs but they aren't even on the site, so I went ahead and downloaded those 10 things onto my SD manually from my computer. I'm still hoping that the internal downloading still gets fixed, of course, so I'll still help you with it this weekend if you want me to.

sparkswordkirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Starting basic here.. Do you have USB loader gx set to display Wii games on your ntfs partition. This is an option on the main screen in one of the menus.
yeah that's in the harddrive settings right? i set it the install game thing at the top to NTFS, and when going to the main menu, it even flatout states how much space is left in the ntfs partition.:L i feel like i just don't have something very very obvious turned on but i can't tell what:/

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picking back up from where I left off, I found that although I manually downloaded them, USBLGX wasn't detecting the covers and stuff. I decided on a whim to check the Game IDs and found that those games like, for example, "Vexx" were given an ID of GJXE01 by DMToolbox, but GameTBD lists it as being GJXE51. Should I rename the game folder to match the ID given by GameTBD?
I'm pretty sure this is unrelated to the USBLGX downloading problem we have, as I've tested before without any covers and it abruptly stopped downloading anyway.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I believe nintendont autoboot issues are related to not using argboot and cfg file version
This is what happened with my wiiflow 1054 mod which doesn't use argboot and was fixed by making nintendont cfg version = 6
As for wiiflow 1076 mod which uses argboot the autoboot issue did not take place
the loader is already updated to use version 6, with all the new settings available to the user.
it works fine for some users, and not for others, so I'll have to check what is the issue here.

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah that's in the harddrive settings right? i set it the install game thing at the top to NTFS, and when going to the main menu, it even flatout states how much space is left in the ntfs partition.:L i feel like i just don't have something very very obvious turned on but i can't tell what:/

Not even in the settings menu. It is a button just above where the games are listed on the home screen. You can toggle off and on gc, Wii, emunand, etc game to show on the list.

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what it is worth, USB Loader GX v1256 + Nintendont v3.371 is working fine for me. Cover download is working fine too.

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there Wii U Pro Controller support for Wii games? Like to use it as a Classic Controller? I tried using the search bar on the site to no success so I have no idea if it's been discussed before.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can.
I'm using it as my main way to lad VC/WW right now.

-Create a dump of your NAND with USBLOADER GX.
-Install all the wads you want with showmiiwads on your PC.
-Get a copy of neek2o beta 9.6 (I don't know if I can help you with that... maybe ask Cyan. If not. And I'm free to share it I'll be happy to)
-Select games/channels/whatever you want to run with neek and in settings enter "emunand type: neek" or something like that.
-Profit!

I kinda fell out of messing around with my Wii for a while but now am back. I was really interested to hear about the neek2o support. I honestly don't really know what it is but that it allows for some WiiWare and VC games to run. So I tried to catch up reading from about page 1000 to here (took about a day. lol). I was trying to find some kind of guide to explain how to set everything up. The post I quoted above was the closest thing to what I think I need however I do have some questions.

1 - I have both an original Wii and a Wii U both softmodded. I already have a NAND dump of both but not by using USB Loader GX. Is it required to obtain my dump using USB Loader GX or are the ones I currently have ok?

2 - All the WADs for the games that I want to play are currently already installed on my copied NAND. So I'm assuming I don't have to redo this unless I have to redo my dump through USB Loader GX.

3 - I've been reading that neek2o beta is supposed to be private (although I think I stumbled upon a link to it). I don't want to step on anyone's toes so if I shouldn't be using it I won't. But what are the official ways to obtain it (ie. donations, agreeing to test, etc)? Also, from what I've read that beta is really only needed for the vWii on a Wii U. Like I said, I have both a Wii and Wii U so if there is an official version that I should be using that only works on the real Wii let me know and I will use that one. Just point me to the latest official release and a guide to help me install it.

4 - Once I have everything installed correctly I'm sure I can figure this last part out in the settings.

Thanks in advance. Once I get this set up then I think I will be finally done and satisfied with my Wii.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there Wii U Pro Controller support for Wii games? Like to use it as a Classic Controller? I tried using the search bar on the site to no success so I have no idea if it's been discussed before.
it's asked once per week.
and the answer is always the same : NO, it's not possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo