Hacking Usb Loader GX(Waiting your help @Cyan)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you used WBFS manager, then I guess you formatted the partition to WBFS.
when you have a WBFS partition, you can't manage the content on Windows or Linux without a program (here you are using WBFS manager, but Wii backup Manager is also compatible with WBFS partitions).

Attention, WBFS manager has a known issue : when you delete a game from your partition, another present game has part of it marked as deleted too (even if you didn't delete that other game).
next time you install a new game, it will overwrite the area incorrectly marked as free, and your old game will become corrupted.
The new game is fine, but one of your old game is not.

I recommend you still use Wii Backup Manager on Windows to manage that partition.

It's strange that going to WBFS fixed your issue, but at least you found a solution :)
maybe the FAT32 you were using weren't good (there are different FAT32 versions).
WBFS is not bad, as long as you don't use WBFS Manager, or as long as you know your games can be corrupted and you keep a backup on PC to restore them when you want to play.

Last edited by Cyan,

JeffJason

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you used WBFS manager, then I guess you formatted the partition to WBFS.
when you have a WBFS partition, you can't manage the content on Windows or Linux without a program (here you are using WBFS manager, but Wii backup Manager is also compatible with WBFS partitions).

Attention, WBFS manager has a known issue : when you delete a game from your partition, another present game has part of it marked as deleted too (even if you didn't delete that other game).
next time you install a new game, it will overwrite the area incorrectly marked as free, and your old game will become corrupted.
The new game is fine, but one of your old game is not.

I recommend you still use Wii Backup Manager on Windows to manage that partition.

It's strange that going to WBFS fixed your issue, but at least you found a solution :)
maybe the FAT32 you were using weren't good (there are different FAT32 versions).
WBFS is not bad, as long as you don't use WBFS Manager, or as long as you know your games can be corrupted and you keep a backup on PC to restore them when you want to play.
Sorry for my stupidness :) but what exactly should i do to use wii backup manager then?I will restore my games on my pc

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
there's nothing special to use that program.

- launch the program.
- in the "file" tab, select the folder on your computer where you have your ISO
- in the "drive1" tab, select the partition letter of your WBFS partition (where you have your games for USBLoader)
that's all.
select a file in one tab and select "transfer to ..." to copy from one to another location.

JeffJason

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
there's nothing special to use that program.

- launch the program.
- in the "file" tab, select the folder on your computer where you have your ISO
- in the "drive1" tab, select the partition letter of your WBFS partition (where you have your games for USBLoader)
that's all.
select a file in one tab and select "transfer to ..." to copy from one to another location.
Yeah i know how to use it :) but i mean i wasnt able to launch the games when i used the wii backup manager.So do i need to do anything special to launch the games?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, nothing special.
the issue is not that program, like you said it was probably the partition.
the games should work fine whatever the WBFS manager you are using (WBFS Manager, Wii backup Manager, Wit/wwt, Wijmanager, etc.)

If you don't have a lot of games, and don't bother another test, you could try wbfs2FAT to convert the currently working WBFS partition (test it first) to FAT32 again.
This program will format to the correct FAT32 version and convert your games to wbfs files.
if after converting it doesn't work anymore, then there's definitely an issue with FAT32 and this loader and your drive. not sure what.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-