Hacking Usb Loader GX(Waiting your help @Cyan)

JeffJason

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello.I signed up for my wii problem.I couldnt fix it for 2 week and i want to ask it you guys.I bought a Wii then hacked it with guide of the A2Z Geek from youtube.Installed v10 249 base 56 and 250 base 57.Formatted my usb as FAT32 and its allocation unit size is 32k.My games are scrubbed .wbfs.

When i try to load games from usb loader gx ,i am getting blackscreen on games that i played before without a problem.And i couldnt even play once some games like wii party,wii sports resorts etc.

Thanks for your help! @Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I move it to the correct forum's section.

So, you say it was working at some point, but it's not working anymore?
what did you change since last time it worked? new HDD ? new softmod? updated homebrew?

You followed a tutorial on youtube, which could be outdated or bad (I don't like video tutorial, as they can't be fixed on new updates).
But you said you installed "v10" which should be a pretty recent hack.

but, let's review what you currently have before doing anything.

could you follow the syscheck tutorial from my signature? post the result here.
it will tell us what the youtube tutorial did to your console.

then we will probably replace the cIOS to v8 final instead of v10 (because latest is not always better).
there are different version of v10 (Wii, WiiU, beta 52 and beta53)
at least, with v8, there is only one version and we know it works.

But I don't think it's the issue here. (we will only revert back to v8 to be sure and eliminate a possibility).

If you have black screen at launch, it's possible the issue is the video mode.
did you install USBLoaderGX from zero, or did you have a previous setting file on your SD or USB?

It's also possible the issue is because your files on USB are write protected.
it's a known issue and you should check and remove write protection from your ISO's property. (right click the file, properties, disable write protection)

another possibility is you enabled debug mode, with pause at start.
so the game is waiting for the debugger. you can disable that option in the loader's settings.

Another thing you can try is another loader (Wiiflow or CFGLoader).
That way we will determine if the issue is with USBLoaderGX or not. it could be a HDD or ISO issue, or it could be a loader's setting issue.

Last edited by Cyan,

JeffJason

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

what did you change since last time it worked? new HDD ? new softmod? updated homebrew?

You followed a tutorial on youtube, which could be outdated or bad (I don't like video tutorial, as they can't be fixed on new updates).

then we will probably replace the cIOS to v8 final instead of v10 (because latest is not always better).

But I don't think it's the issue here. (we will only revert back to v8 to be sure and eliminate a possibility).

did you install USBLoaderGX from zero, or did you have a previous setting file on your SD or USB?

it's a known issue and you should check and remove write protection from your ISO's property. (right click the file, properties, disable write protection)

so the game is waiting for the debugger. you can disable that option in the loader's settings.

That way we will determine if the issue is with USBLoaderGX or not. it could be a HDD or ISO issue, or it could be a loader's setting issue.
Games sometimes works but mostly doesn't work.I modded my wii with nearly same guide i installed some wads but i couldnt play the games then i formatted wii and softmodded again.I installed usb loader gx from zero but i changed some settings(Game and loader ios=249,language=english etc.) from the loader menu.

I will post my syscheck today

Last edited by JeffJason,

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
most settings in the loader setting section are hacks, you should really leave them at default unless something is not working right (e.g. language displayed isn't english) then you set them as a per game setting to see if that fixes the problem for that game (to display english etc.)

You should try to reset the settings to default and test again (of course, if you use custom paths for covers, emunands, etc, you should change the corresponding setting back to point to the correct locations.)

If the same game sometimes work but sometimes don't (in the same environment), that may be a hardware issue.

Wii sports resorts requires a Wiimote with Motion+ to work.

A syscheck is still a big help in trouble shooting. Also report your loader's revision from the credit page.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii Sports Resort also requires you to watch the Wii Motion Plus tutorial video before it loads properly. The video player only needs to be run once for all WM+ games. It saves the "watched" flag in the system configuration file.

JeffJason

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Hi again.Here is my syscheck and some photos about loader and hard drive settings;

SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.3E (v514)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 02.13.2007
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x11

Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: Turkey (109)
Boot2 v4
Found 75 titles.
Found 55 IOS on this console. 6 of them are stubs.

IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS80 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS90 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v4.0): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4.0): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-5.1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 6174): Trucha Bug
IOS245[37] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS246[38] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS247[53] (rev 21008, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS248[56] (rev 21006, Info: d2x-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v65535
Report generated on 03/15/2017.

@tswntk

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be the cIOS you have in 249. Beta53's only advantage is that it works with either USB port. Otherwise it has compatibility issues with both some game titles and some hard drives.

Reactions: JeffJason

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thank you for your syscheck.
I can see it's a little messed up, but not an issue as long as you know your setup.

the default IOS Slot for USBLoaders is slot number 249.
You can of course tell the loader to use a different slot number.

in slot249, you have d2x v10 revision 53 (not a good version in my opinion).
What you should use is "d2x v8 final" based on the original IOS56 or IOS57.

you already have few "v8 final" but they are using random base (37, 38 and 53) in slot 245-246-247
you have an old d2x v6 (never use it, it's outdated!) in slot 248

based on your current setup, the best choice is the slot 250 : it's v10 revision 52 (similar to v8 final) based on IOS57.

So, let's try this slot (all the others 245-249 are not useful for you).
Go to USBLoaderGX > settings > Loader settings > Game's IOS : 250
and you should also set Loader's IOS to 250, it will speed the launch time
reboot the loader to take the settings in account.

Before launching a game, verify it doesn't have an individual setting with a different IOS slot number. if it's "use global" then it's fine. if it's any number, you should set it to "-1" to get it back to the global setting, or just delete the game settings completely.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: JeffJason

JeffJason

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thank you for your syscheck.
I can see it's a little messed up, but not an issue as long as you know your setup.

the default IOS Slot for USBLoaders is slot number 249.
You can of course tell the loader to use a different slot number.

in slot249, you have d2x v10 revision 53 (not a good version in my opinion).
What you should use is "d2x v8 final" based on the original IOS56 or IOS57.

you already have few "v8 final" but they are using random base (37, 38 and 53) in slot 245-246-247
you have an old d2x v6 (never use it, it's outdated!) in slot 248

based on your current setup, the best choice is the slot 250 : it's v10 revision 52 (similar to v8 final) based on IOS57.

So, let's try this slot (all the others 245-249 are not useful for you).
Go to USBLoaderGX > settings > Loader settings > Game's IOS : 250
and you should also set Loader's IOS to 250, it will speed the launch time
reboot the loader to take the settings in account.

Before launching a game, verify it doesn't have an individual setting with a different IOS slot number. if it's "use global" then it's fine. if it's any number, you should set it to "-1" to get it back to the global setting, or just delete the game settings completely.
So i did what you say then i tried mario kart but i got a blackscreen and then it sent me to the homebrew channel menu 2 minutes later.Next i tried wii party i got blackscreen again and didnt send me to the homebrew channel menu within 5 minutes.Now what should i do?

What do you recommend @GreyWolf

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if it's not a cIOS issue, then it's a hardware issue : your HDD is probably not properly detected or mounted.
The "reset to sysMenu or HBC" is a symptom of "game not found".

so it's either :
1 - wrong cIOS (stub, or no USB access)
2 - HDD problem (wrong format partition, hdd not working with current USB driver in the current cIOS)
3 - Game ISO problem (ISO is write protected or corrupted or wrongly named or placed, etc.)

You already tested "1" by trying a different IOS.
There's a very small chance that the issue is still IOS related. maybe your HDD doesn't work with d2x v10.
You can try with Slot 224 instead of 250.
It's an old IOS, based on 57 too.

now, you should try 2 and 3 :
2 : try a different HDD. or try your HDD on another console that you know has USBLoader and games working, to know if the issue is the HDD or not.
3 : redump the ISO or check its validity with Wii backup Manager's sha1 option. Verify it's filename, location on partition, write protection, etc.

4: Game Channel related only (WiiWare and Virtual console):
I noticed you enabled "NAND Channel" to FULL.
to use that option with game channels (not game discs' ISO or WBFS), you NEED a FULL NAND DUMP.
do you have a copy of your Wii's NAND on your SD or USB?

you told the console to use the system and game and settings located on another place than the internal memory for game channels, so the console expect all these files to be found on your "EmuNAND Channel" path.

Please, disable that option for the moment and test only channels located on your NAND, until you know everything is working fine.
see if launching a channel installed on your NAND (internal console memory) is working fine or you have black screen too.

Last edited by Cyan,

JeffJason

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if it's not a cIOS issue, then it's a hardware issue : your HDD is probably not properly detected or mounted.
The "reset to sysMenu or HBC" is a symptom of "game not found".

so it's either :
1 - wrong cIOS (stub, or no USB access)
2 - HDD problem (wrong format partition, hdd not working with current USB driver in the current cIOS)
3 - Game ISO problem (ISO is write protected or corrupted or wrongly named or placed, etc.)

You already tested "1" by trying a different IOS.
There's a very small chance that the issue is still IOS related. maybe your HDD doesn't work with d2x v10.
You can try with Slot 224 instead of 250.
It's an old IOS, based on 57 too.

now, you should try 2 and 3 :
2 : try a different HDD. or try your HDD on another console that you know has USBLoader and games working, to know if the issue is the HDD or not.
3 : redump the ISO or check its validity with Wii backup Manager's sha1 option. Verify it's filename, location on partition, write protection, etc.

4: Game Channel related only (WiiWare and Virtual console):
I noticed you enabled "NAND Channel" to FULL.
to use that option with game channels (not game discs' ISO or WBFS), you NEED a FULL NAND DUMP.
do you have a copy of your Wii's NAND on your SD or USB?

you told the console to use the system and game and settings located on another place than the internal memory for game channels, so the console expect all these files to be found on your "EmuNAND Channel" path.

Please, disable that option for the moment and test only channels located on your NAND, until you know everything is working fine.
see if launching a channel installed on your NAND (internal console memory) is working fine or you have black screen too.
224 didnt work.
2:I have usb stick by the way.I will try my usb on another console as soon as possible.
3:I selected verify all and what now?

4:I dont have an off option on Nand.Channel Emulation thing.

I will wait your answers,thanks

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ahh, you are right, there's no OFF. it's partial or full.
it's an option for launching channels on emuNAND, so emuNAND can't be OFF. FULL is the correct and default option. sorry.
if you ever use the loader to launch a wiiware or virtual console installed on emuNAND, be sure you have a full NAND copy (dumped from your console, or generated from modmii).

Seeing 224 didn't work either, I'm thinking it's a HDD detection issue.

From your screenshot you can see "Wii party" is corrupted and not working. you can delete it and get a new one.
the other two games are fine.

I can also see that you verified the ISO on your computer and not on your Wii USB HDD.
so, you should verify the ISO on your HDD too, maybe the copy on your PC is fine (for mario kart and Resort) but corrupted on your Wii HDD.

Also, check your path, it should be :

USB_FAT32:/wbfs/Game title [GameID6]/GAMEID6.wbfs
And that file should NOT be write protected. I think you never replied about that setting.

LOOK at your screenshot, the working games are marked "READ ONLY"...

so, the 2 good ISO are read only (write protected)
the non write protected ISO is corrupted.
so, all your 3 games can't work.

Last edited by Cyan,

JeffJason

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ahh, you are right, there's no OFF. it's partial or full.
it's an option for launching channels on emuNAND, so emuNAND can't be OFF. FULL is the correct and default option. sorry.
if you ever use the loader to launch a wiiware or virtual console installed on emuNAND, be sure you have a full NAND copy (dumped from your console, or generated from modmii).

Seeing 224 didn't work either, I'm thinking it's a HDD detection issue.

From your screenshot you can see "Wii party" is corrupted and not working. you can delete it and get a new one.
the other two games are fine.

I can also see that you verified the ISO on your computer and not on your Wii USB HDD.
so, you should verify the ISO on your HDD too, maybe the copy on your PC is fine (for mario kart and Resort) but corrupted on your Wii HDD.

Also, check your path, it should be :

USB_FAT32:/wbfs/Game title [GameID6]/GAMEID6.wbfs
And that file should NOT be write protected. I think you never replied about that setting.

LOOK at your screenshot, the working games are marked "READ ONLY"...

so, the 2 good ISO are read only (write protected)
the non write protected ISO is corrupted.
so, all your 3 games can't work.
Checked the paths of games there was not a problem.

So what should i do now,boss .s

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
now all seems fine, so I don't know.
If it's still not working it could be a hdd detection issue, but I just imagine the loader would have issue detecting the HDD too so it's weird.

I have no more clue or idea, sorry.
Let's wait for Greywolf or someone else :)

JeffJason

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
now all seems fine, so I don't know.
If it's still not working it could be a hdd detection issue, but I just imagine the loader would have issue detecting the HDD too so it's weird.

I have no more clue or idea, sorry.
Let's wait for Greywolf or someone else :)
Maybe there is a problem with usb port 0?What do you think?I think i wont be able to play Wii :D

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if the problem was port0 I guess it wouldn't work inside the loader either.
but you can try with Port1 instead if you want.

to use Port1, you need d2x v10 r53, which is located in slot 249 (the default slot), or use one of hermes cIOS (222, 223 or 224)
So you need to :
1 - Set slot back to 249 for both Loader's slot and game's slot.
2 - settings > hdd menu > set port to 1
exit the loader
3 - connect hdd to port 1
launch the loader

JeffJason

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if the problem was port0 I guess it wouldn't work inside the loader either.
but you can try with Port1 instead if you want.

to use Port1, you need d2x v10 r53, which is located in slot 249 (the default slot), or use one of hermes cIOS (222, 223 or 224)
So you need to :
1 - Set slot back to 249 for both Loader's slot and game's slot.
2 - settings > hdd menu > set port to 1
exit the loader
3 - connect hdd to port 1
launch the loader
Yayyyyy.I found the solution.The problem was on the usb format i think.I was using wii backup manager to load the games.Now i loaded the games with wbfs manager.Also i was able to open the usb folder when i use the backup manager now i cant open the usb folder because of the fad32 formatting.Thanks for your help mate!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol