USB Loader GX just kicks me back to vWii home menu on AUTO, also can't boot directly into Wii with Tiramisu installed?

Cyber Akuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have two issues:

1: I used to have no trouble playing games off of a USB drive with USB Loader GX, but that suddenly stopped working. When I try now it just gives me a black screen for about 30 seconds and then kicks me back to the vWii main menu. After some fiddling around I found out that changing the Game IOS from "Auto" to manually at "251" works... but I doubt this is an ideal way to boot every game. Any idea what I can look into on why this is happening now? The last change I really made was converting from Haxchi (not autoboot) to Tiramisu, but I don't see why that would effect the vWii subsystem.

2: Is there any way to directly boot the WiiU into Wii mode anymore now with Tiramisu installed? Before holding B on the gamepad or Wiimote when turning on the system would do it, but now my Wiimotes no longer connect to the WiiU until after it is already booting into the WiiU menu, and if I hold B on the WiiU gamepad it brings up a payload selector menu before the WiiU menu boots.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
1) I had a similar issue yesterday and the reason it happened to me was that I plugged in my HDD into a wrong port. It should be a bottom one when the console is placed horizontally. As for the Game and Loader IOS, I've set them to 249, mainly because I plan to use dual HDD setup (and it works either way for me). Converting from Haxchi to Tiramisu shouldn't affect vWii side as far as I know.

2) I think you can still do that if you set autoboot into Tiramisu while in Environment Loader, followed by autobooting into vWii System Menu while in Boot Selector. You can probably enter Environment Loader if you open Health & Safety app while holding X button while in Wii U System Menu. Here's an example I found on YouTube on how to do it.

Reactions: Cyber Akuma

Cyber Akuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any specific reason to use 249 for dual-drives? I want to do that eventually, although recently hearing that apparently you need to use HDDs because the WiiU supposedly fries flashdrives is going to make that a much bigger hassle.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
You can find out more about dual HDD setup here. Sadly, I don't know why it should be 249, but...
a3a.gif

Last edited by Blythe93,

Cyber Akuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turns out all of my issues with Wii games not booting, stuttering, and all that was... I was using the wrong port, I thought it I had it in the correct one.

I don't know if I have Tiramisu set to auto-boot or not, any way to check that? And if not, can I just add a vWii option to the payload selection menu without having autoboot enabled?

Reactions: Blythe93

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I don't know if I have Tiramisu set to auto-boot or not, any way to check that? And if not, can I just add a vWii option to the payload selection menu without having autoboot enabled?
Provided you followed the Wii U Hacks Guide, you should have autoboot option enabled. Easiest way to check that visually is to look for graphical glitch on the gamepad while console is booting: you should see your screen going black and white line appearing in the bottom (that's perfectly normal).

Also, if you hold X while your console is booting up, Environment Loader should pop up. If tiramisu is highlighted in green color, it's autobooting into Tiramisu. If not, you can set the the default by pressing Y, followed by A button to continue. Now it should open up Boot Selector menu in case you haven't set it up already. Same thing here, highlight the thing you want to set as default by pressing Y, followed by A button to continue, provided you'd like to boot into e.g. Wii U System Menu. This is where you change your Wii U to autoboot into vWii System Menu, I guess.

In case you'd like to change default boot option in Boot Selector, hold + while booting into Wii U and select vWii System Menu, press Y to set it as default, followed by A to continue.

Here's the autobooting section from Wii U Hacks Guide website.

Hope it helps!

Cyber Akuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, if you hold X while your console is booting up, Environment Loader should pop up. If tiramisu is highlighted in green color, it's autobooting into Tiramisu. If not, you can set the the default by pressing Y, followed by A button to continue. Now it should open up Boot Selector menu in case you haven't set it up already. Same thing here, highlight the thing you want to set as default by pressing Y, followed by A button to continue, provided you'd like to boot into e.g. Wii U System Menu. This is where you change your Wii U to autoboot into vWii System Menu, I guess.

When I hold X I see two options, installer and tiramisu. tiramisu is in yellow.

I don't want to permanently autoboot into vWii though. Back when I had non-autoboot Haxchi installed, I could hold B on the WiiU Gamepad or Wiimote when turning on the system to auto-boot into the vWii, otherwise it would boot into standard WiiU. This is a built-in feature of the WiiU, but having tiramisu installed seems to have disabled that now since now holding B on the WiiU Gamepad gives me the option to choose my payload and I can't hold B on the Wiimote because it won't connect to the WiiU anymore until after the WiiU menu has started booting.

This used to let me bypass both the complaining about my USB drive not being formatted and having to manually launch into VWii mode. Is there any way I can add an option to boot into vWii on either the Environment Loader or Payload Selection menu? I don't want to permanent boot into vWii and have it booting into the WiiU menu be the default like it is now, but to also have the option to directly boot into the vWii when I want to just like I could before.

Reactions: Blythe93

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is there any way I can add an option to boot into vWii on either the Environment Loader or Payload Selection menu?
I believe you can set autoboot to Tiramisu, but do not set anything as default on the Boot Selector. That way you should be able to choose whether to boot into Wii U System Menu, Homebrew Launcher, vWii System Menu or Homebrew Channel. I haven't tested it myself so I can't say whether it works as intended, but I guess it probably does?

I'm not sure if there's any other way, I'll reply in case I find something else.

This used to let me bypass both the complaining about my USB drive not being formatted and having to manually launch into VWii mode.
You can bypass the format prompt by hiding your HDD with UStealth. Only downside is that you have to unhide it every time you want to add new games when you connect it to the PC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9