PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
D34DL1N3R said:
Can we have either original or custom disc images on theouterzone, rather than having them intermixed? Or an option for one or the other?

Personally I prefer the originals, but I noticed that a few that were dl'd by the usbloader were customs with that big ugly Wii logo on the bottom. Of COURSE it's a Wii game, lmao. I don't need to be told in a giant font.
tongue.gif

Edit: Forgot to mention that there are currently issues while downloading images from the loader. 20 minutes has passed and only 2 or 7 has finished. Restarted a few times & get the same results.

The site first checks for an original image and if one doesnt exist it checks for a custom image - i have posted this several times on this thread alone and a few times on loaders threads.Its kinda impossible to download an original image if one doesnt exist on the site
tongue.gif

I have no control over the loaders and how they download or what happens with whatever loader your using , but if you can manually get an image from the site then the site is working ok and you need to contract the coder of the loader in question.

xem1x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pirates Vs Ninjas Dodgeball *3D*
R5JES5.png
c1t7o.png

Temp. until Neorame gets around to updating. Thought id share.

I have a pet peeve of not having a cover now.
frown.gif
xD

swarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
RSQEAF is incorrectly labeled "Family Ski" and given PAL cover art, when it is actually NTSC(U) "We Ski". Could someone please make 3D box art for We Ski?

The disk art shows the correct game.

penetr8or

Trophies
XP
Country
Could this entry please be fixed?
167 Dee Sports Pal RDXP18

I don't know where that name comes from, but the game is called Sports Island.
People maintaining up-to-date titles.txt uses the listings from the site, and it's not always easy to know which game you're trying to launch, when their titles are incorrect, not even resembling the real title

swarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
swarmster said:
RSQEAF is incorrectly labeled "Family Ski" and given PAL cover art, when it is actually NTSC(U) "We Ski". Could someone please make 3D box art for We Ski?

The disk art shows the correct game.

I found this extremely high quality - and correct - cover art for RSQEAF. If someone could turn it into a 3D cover and eventually update/fix the listing on The Other Zone site, that would be great.

2D cover art for RSQEAF "We Ski" (NTSC-U)

Thank you!

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know about you guys, but I HATE the cover art for all the New Play Control games. I have custom covers for Mario Tennis and for Pikmin, but I have not seen one for Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. Well I decided to make one last night.

I would love to get a 3D NeoRame version of this, and hopefully some of you will like it too. I had to change the background waterfall/jungle scene, but I tried to get it as close to the original as possible. Feedback is always nice, and feel free to spread this around if you all like it.

newcover.jpg

swarmster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
squablo said:
I dont know about you guys, but I HATE the cover art for all the New Play Control games. I have custom covers for Mario Tennis and for Pikmin, but I have not seen one for Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. Well I decided to make one last night.

I would love to get a 3D NeoRame version of this, and hopefully some of you will like it too. I had to change the background waterfall/jungle scene, but I tried to get it as close to the original as possible. Feedback is always nice, and feel free to spread this around if you all like it.

Your cover is well done, but I'm surprised by how few people seem to realize the New Play Control games all have reversible inserts with real cover art on one side.

For example.

Maybe we could get some of these?

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah anything is better than the border style cover art. I would even be happy with a flipside cover for DKJB. Either way, with this one or that one, I would love a 3D version of either.

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTSC is on theotherzone.com, but ther 3D version has not been uploaded yet. There is a PAL version on the previous pages of this thread

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!