Hacking USB LOADER COVER IMAGES

zoragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have a suggestion to make.....that is if you guys accept it you know how you can choose what box arts you want and then download them in 1 pack can you guys make it so you can do this with the cd images also?.... and when i was getting some cd images i noticed that some of the names arnt named fully you still have to add 2-3 more letters can this also plz be fixed?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The disc art is done using a different system - i have posted this a few times already ....

The site automatically decides which cover to display based on the following :
After the first 4 charcters it ignores everything...
1. Check 4 digit code - if the file exists output it , failing that
2. Check 3 digit code with P as 4th Digit High Quality - if the file exists output it , failing that
3. Check 3 digit code with E as 4th Digit High Quality - if the file exists output it , failing that
4. Check 3 digit code with J as 4th Digit High Quality - if the file exists output it , failing that
5. Check 3 digit code with Custom High Quality - if the file exists output it , failing that
6. Check 3 digit code Custom Image - if the file exists output it , failing that
7. If all above fail , output no image found image.

so basically if u look for
007 QUANTUM OF SOLACE :
http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/diskart/160/160/RJ2P00.png will get it
http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/diskart/160/160/RJ2P
will give you the same as they are high quality

but

http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/diskart/160/160/RJ2

also has a custom image for those that dont want the original discs
All the above links will get it though they are different links

Bandwidth on the site is already at 850 gigs downloaded since the 9th of this month due to people taking all the images in one go even though they only have 50 games so the disc arts will not be allowed to be done in the same way until the bandwidth is reduced.
The best option is to only use USB loaders that auto download the cover art from the site- that way theres no need to worry about covers and boxes for your usb loader.

bbsal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone ever come out with a 3d pack of cover images with the reflection in them yet? i got that coverthinner program but i have no clue how to use it!!!

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
zenigata2000 said:
Sorry to interupt.

http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/discs/R7C.png
Captain Rainbow discart is showing another game's one
and even if I upload correct one, same image is shown at result page.

http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/3d/160/225/RZPJ01.png
3D coverart of NTSC-J Links Crossbow Training shows PAL version.
The standard version image shows right one.
3D cover fixed ;-)

RZPJ01.png

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for fixing that Neo - Neo is looking after the 3d boxart pretty much single handedly so a lot of thanks goes out to him for this.

zenigata2000 said:
At present there is no correction option for disc art so when you upload it checks to see if theres a cover in the section and drops the one your sending if there is , but you may still get a thank you showing the existing cover - thats something ill look into - can you send it to me and ill manally change it for now please ?

zenigata2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
NeoRame said:
zenigata2000 said:
http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/3d/160/225/RZPJ01.png
3D coverart of NTSC-J Links Crossbow Training shows PAL version.
The standard version image shows right one.
3D cover fixed ;-)

Thanks!

djtaz said:
Thanks for fixing that Neo - Neo is looking after the 3d boxart pretty much single handedly so a lot of thanks goes out to him for this.

QUOTE(zenigata2000 @ May 2 2009, 09:47 AM)
At present there is no correction option for disc art so when you upload it checks to see if theres a cover in the section and drops the one your sending if there is , but you may still get a thank you showing the existing cover - thats something ill look into - can you send it to me and ill manally change it for now please ?
r7cj01.png

Her's NTSC-J version custom dicart.
ID is R7CJ01.

FvKey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I uploaded the cover for RGFS69 - El Padrino: El Chantaje (the godfather, spanish language), but I dont know how I can upload the 3d cover. Here it is:

351zwh1.jpg

mickthestud

Trophies
XP
Country
uploading cover images for the usb loader is a bit over my head where abouts on the sd card do you put the images and are you suppose to rename them if so what to...

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FvKey said:
I uploaded the cover for RGFS69 - El Padrino: El Chantaje (the godfather, spanish language), but I dont know how I can upload the 3d cover. Here it is:

351zwh1.jpg

I have uploaded that for now , but Neorame usually looks after the 3d art and does them at a very high quality so he may replace that one with a higher quality eventually. Thanks for all your efforts for this though, keep up the good work.

QUOTE(mickthestud @ May 3 2009, 02:28 AM) uploading cover images for the usb loader is a bit over my head where abouts on the sd card do you put the images and are you suppose to rename them if so what to...
The sd car locations differ depending on which USB loader your going with - you would need to check that info for whatever loader your using on the thread where you got it - if your really confused try using a loader that auto downloads the covers for you like the coverflow7 loader.

FvKey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
djtaz said:
FvKey said:

351zwh1.jpg
I have uploaded that for now , but Neorame usually looks after the 3d art and does them at a very high quality so he may replace that one with a higher quality eventually. Thanks for all your efforts for this though, keep up the good work.
No, thanks to you
wink.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks a million NeoRame.

Now all i need is for the idiot asking for the Wii Backup Disc cover to stop being stupid.

ITS NOT AN OFFICIAL GAME !!!

Even if there was a cover for it , whats the point ? The site is for USB loaders to auto download cover art and disc art for games but has the added function that people can manually download them as well, but its not for utility discs as these do not load from the usb loaders - if someone wants a cover for that they have them here

FvKey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Thanks NeoRame! Awesome job!

lejong2002 said:
I cannot find how to make 3d cover images.

Could anybody teach me how to make 3d cover images please?

wink.gif
Well... I use photoshop and I just put a normal cover in a already 3d cover, then I start to play with the position of it
rolleyes.gif

Klonoa's 3D cover wanted
biggrin.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol he means who CAN , and yes , NeoRame has proven his ability and skill with the artwork time and time again and since he is willing and does such an amazing job on them all , im only allowing him to upload the 3d boxarts.
Ill put one or two on if requested , but id prefer for Neo to be the only one putting these on as it keeps the covers correct and avoids a mess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtapU5nI6G4 +1