Hacking US ps vita on firmware 3.30

regnis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone could please advise me, I would like to know if my vita can be hacked any way currently? I dont believe it can but I would like to have a definite answer. I also wanted to know if it is worth staying on 3.30 or should i update to the latest firmware or another higher firmware? My main concern right now is download games from the psn store to my vita. I just bought a bunch of games during their dollar sale the other week and would really like to play them, but everywhere i read online people say to never update if you are on older firmware. I even tried the method where you put the game in your download que on pc, but that didnt work.

I would like to be able to get my psn games to my vita, but I would still like to be able to hack my vita whenever that becomes available. Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks for your time.

Reactions: Margen67

gameus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vita Update Blocker usually tends to work on the version before the latest. Since 3.36 is the latest, 3.35 may/may not work. As mech said, if you have a PS3, you should be set, all you need is QCMA or OpenCMA. Thisarticle should help out as well as this one.
As far as I'm concerned, you will have to have a PS3 to transfer anything to your PS Vita, including any games that might offer an exploit. If you do have a PS3, I would buy Pool Hall Pro right now before it gets pulled from the store. The above articles will tell you how to transfer stuff to your Vita over PS3. The Download Queue trick only works on the second to latest firmware, which would be 3.36.

Reactions: Margen67

regnis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I'm concerned, you will have to have a PS3 to transfer anything to your PS Vita, including any games that might offer an exploit. If you do have a PS3, I would buy Pool Hall Pro right now before it gets pulled from the store. The above articles will tell you how to transfer stuff to your Vita over PS3. The Download Queue trick only works on the second to latest firmware, which would be 3.36.

I have a ps3 but it currently has the blinking red light. Should i still buy the game on the psn store on my computer and then just wait until i get my ps3 fixed?

gameus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to revise my statement a bit, after thinking about it, I would honestly wait. The Pool Hall Pro game requires a second device in order to initiate the hack every time. I would wait a month or two, that should give you time to get your PS3 fixed anyways, and see if they put the other exploit games back on the store, in your case, you would want to buy Patapon 2. Patapon 2 isn't back on the store yet, but I'm sure they'll bring it back. They usually do. If you do have a second device (either a second PS Vita or a PSP running CFW) then the exploit can work for you, but you still need a working PS3 to transfer it. The shitty thing, even if you buy the game now, once they pull the game, you won't be able to download it until they add it back to the store.

regnis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to revise my statement a bit, after thinking about it, I would honestly wait. The Pool Hall Pro game requires a second device in order to initiate the hack every time. I would wait a month or two, that should give you time to get your PS3 fixed anyways, and see if they put the other exploit games back on the store, in your case, you would want to buy Patapon 2. Patapon 2 isn't back on the store yet, but I'm sure they'll bring it back. They usually do. If you do have a second device (either a second PS Vita or a PSP running CFW) then the exploit can work for you, but you still need a working PS3 to transfer it. The shitty thing, even if you buy the game now, once they pull the game, you won't be able to download it until they add it back to the store.

Thank you for revising, honestly this all sounds pretty bad to me. I havnt updated or really enjoyed my vita in so long because i didnt want to update in the hopes of doing something worthwhile with it, but it doesnt even seem worth it anymore. From what im getting, if you arent on firmware 3.18 than you arent going to be able to do anything worth not just updating and being able to play your psn games. For all we know, we are still years away from a legit vita hack and all this time will be wasted not updating it. I appreciate the info you gave me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I met you in my dreams.