Hacking Upgrading the firmware of R4i Gold

markini6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, my brother has an R4i Gold flashcart, but foolishly updated his Dsi XL to version 1.4.1 a while ago, and hasn't been able to use the cart since. The website on the card is www.r4ids.com, which lists the downloads available for the cart. It's the one at the bottom, with red on the back, NOT R4i ver 2.0. Basically, I know I'd need to use a normal ds, but I can't find anywhere something to upgrade the cart's firmware, which would then alow it to be used again with the DSI XL. I presume the link at the top of the site is for the Version 2.0 cart, not the one that he has. So will it be possible to ever use the cart again?

Cheers in advance for any replies

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
markini6 said:
Hi, my brother has an R4i Gold flashcart, but foolishly updated his Dsi XL to version 1.4.1 a while ago, and hasn't been able to use the cart since. The website on the card is www.r4ids.com, which lists the downloads available for the cart. It's the one at the bottom, with red on the back, NOT R4i ver 2.0. Basically, I know I'd need to use a normal ds, but I can't find anywhere something to upgrade the cart's firmware, which would then alow it to be used again with the DSI XL. I presume the link at the top of the site is for the Version 2.0 cart, not the one that he has. So will it be possible to ever use the cart again?

Cheers in advance for any replies

Just take it easy.
As the known reason, r4i gold's official website has been changed to r4ids.cn.
You can access www.r4ids.cn to download V1.43 patch for r4i gold non-3ds card.
Please read readme.txt attached and do as the procedures listed in it.
If you have any other questions, please send mails to [email protected]

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Beware, old 1.4 R4iGold seem to be non updatable, they released later a 1.4.1 and updatable R4iGold...

I say this because I bricked my R4iGold 1.4 with latest update, using another flashcart to run once again the updater does not change anything, update goes 100% successful but then the flashcart does not start (freeze on DSLite, no cart inserted on DSi), and Yes it's a genuine one from r4ids.cn but an old one pre-1.4.1.

markini6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
tranfeer said:
Just take it easy.
As the known reason, r4i gold's official website has been changed to r4ids.cn.
You can access www.r4ids.cn to download V1.43 patch for r4i gold non-3ds card.
Please read readme.txt attached and do as the procedures listed in it.
If you have any other questions, please send mails to [email protected]

It doesn't say in the readme whether or not I should just have the update file on the cart, or whether I should have that and the normal WOOD files that you'd have on the cart normally, when using it.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
boudincaca said:
Beware, old 1.4 R4iGold seem to be non updatable, they released later a 1.4.1 and updatable R4iGold...

I say this because I bricked my R4iGold 1.4 with latest update, using another flashcart to run once again the updater does not change anything, update goes 100% successful but then the flashcart does not start (freeze on DSLite, no cart inserted on DSi), and Yes it's a genuine one from r4ids.cn but an old one pre-1.4.1.

You should use The DSi V1.43 Patch for R4i Gold Non-3DS to update your r4i gold.
After updating with success, your r4i gold can support NDSi V1.4.3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__