Hacking How do I get my empty flash cart to work?

BitBite112

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I've tried installing many things on it to no avail.

I have an R4i Upgrade Revolution for DS (NDSi/NDSL/NDS) from r4i-sdhc dot com probably from around 2010.
I found it again recently and wanted to use it in conjunction with a DS Lite to backup some GBA saves with it with gba backup tool.
All the data got corrupted and wouldn't let me delete files or even copy them, so I had to reformat the cart.
It's now completely empty and after trying to install firmware on it, it kept saying "please upgrade the hardware for support latest firmware" which I assume is a timebomb.
I tried downloading ysmenu on it, but it seems to do nothing and the same text pops up, maybe I did something wrong. I am also confused whether the kernel is an additional install to the firmware or if it's something else as well as I see on YouTube videos some files that I don't have like a .chk file which I don't know what it is.

I've been trying this for hours now, so if anyone can help me with this then I'd strongly appreciate it!

BitBite112

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I installed some stuff, then noticed I had to do SD formatter. I did that, then copy pasted the files back. I think the files were from RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update v7.06 R4i-SDHC YSMenu
I also put in firmware for r4i-sdhc_v1 22b that had moonmemo, moonshl2, R4iMenu and R4 dat files in it.
I also put in files for gba backup tool, though I did not do it in that order.

I'll retry it all once more. I'll do the reformatting, install what I think is the full firmware package, and then putting in ysmenu from the RetroGameFan Multi Cart.
Post automatically merged:

Hmm, when you installed YSMenu did you copy the content of the 'R4i-SDHC YSMenu' folder to the SD root? (TTMenu.dat and a couple other files should be in the SD root when done right)

If you did, try reformatting the SD with SD Formatter that might fix it.
I tried doing everything again and for some reason it works perfectly now! Thank you for helping me, it seems that I must've just did one tiny thing wrong.

Edit: For anyone wondering what the solution was. I copy pasted the latest firmware for r4i-sdhc into the micro SD card drive, then I did the same for putting ymenu on by using retrogamefan multi cart update (available on this website) and going to to the folder that was my version of R4 cart and put those files into the the SD, and lastly put the two files for gba backup tool into yet again the same place. Everything goes into the root folder, or the very top.

Last edited by BitBite112,
Reactions: Pk11

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?