Hacking Updating game with Gateway

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
Holy shit I had no idea about the save bug in Pokemon... Being playing it over 15 hours and havn't experienced any issues... Off to update that bitch then lol.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can Omega allow the emunand to be updated to the latest as of now 3ds system software?

emuNAND, yes. SysNAND, no. In other words, your 3DS needs to be in version 4.1-4.5 for Gateway to be of any use to you in using non-DS mode features (3DS ROMs, setup emuNAND, etc.).

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think I succeed it says GW 7.1.0-16E !!! :D thanks guys

However when I close the window I get thrown out of gateway mode.. very dangerous.. easy to make mistake.

I can enter e-shop!

one final question, how do I make sure I delete any remaining update files.. so I don't accidently update system Nand??

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to do anything further. What I did was place a folder in the sysNAND 3DS menu named "S" (S for SysNAND), and placed another folder in the emuNAND 3DS menu named "E" (E for emuNAND). This is how I know for sure whether or not I'm in emuNAND. In all honesty though, I've only found this to be useful once in the entire time I've had my Gateway (months), as I've not needed to come in and out of the settings often. Once I'm in emuNAND, I tend to stay there until I power off my 3DS.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks that is very helpful!

However, since I have downloaded the update it prompted me to update already several times even in sysnand. I pressed no ofcourse.

Now I have updated in EMUNAND.

I may get this message in SYSNAND sometime again, as I have had it happened in the past.
Is there a way to trigger it, or was it time based? not sure

I think I solved by deleting it from the SD card. But can't remember what file...

I don't want to accidently press yes in SYSNAND one day if it so happens I don't use my 3ds for 1 year. and im very forgetfull...

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
You don't have to do anything further. What I did was place a folder in the sysNAND 3DS menu named "S" (S for SysNAND), and placed another folder in the emuNAND 3DS menu named "E" (E for emuNAND). This is how I know for sure whether or not I'm in emuNAND. In all honesty though, I've only found this to be useful once in the entire time I've had my Gateway (months), as I've not needed to come in and out of the settings often. Once I'm in emuNAND, I tend to stay there until I power off my 3DS.

Just look at the top right, if there's a green icon for Miiverse then you're in emuNAND.

Reactions: IronClouds

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

However, since I have downloaded the update it prompted me to update already several times even in sysnand. I pressed no ofcourse.

I may get this message in SYSNAND sometime again, as I have had it happened in the past.

I think I solved by deleting it from the SD card. But can't remember what file...

I don't want to accidently press yes in SYSNAND one day if it so happens I don't use my 3ds for 1 year. and im very forgetfull...

I'm not 100% sure which file it is, but you won't accidentally update. You have to agree to download the update twice. The first question asking you about the update, and a second followup question asking if you're sure. If you say yes both times, then you're shit outta luck.

Just look at the top right, if there's a green icon for Miiverse then you're in emuNAND.
True. Wasn't Miiverse added in 7.0 though? I had emuNAND back when 6.3 was the newest, before Miiverse existed, which is why I use this method and have grown accustomed to it.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
that sucks... cuz im that kinda person sometimes I just click click I never read things xD

anyway how about pokemon saves... if make save here with gateway, will I be able to use it in retail pokemon?

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that sucks... cuz im that kinda person sometimes I just click click I never read things xD

anyway how about pokemon saves... if make save here with gateway, will I be able to use it in retail pokemon?

Your questions are getting lazy again. Care to do a little reading? ;) Short answer: No. Long answer: Look it up and find out for yourself!

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i dont have Pokemon X updated (GW), could i battle and trade with my friends that have the original thing updated?
can i trade pokemon from EUR version (rom on GW) to USA version (original)?

Wekker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I have made a Folder in SysNAND with the name S and EmuNAND with the name E. The folder names are the hint for me.
My wifi setting is configured in both NAND, but i only turn the wifi on when i am in the EmuNAND.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
However when I close the window I get thrown out of gateway mode.. very dangerous.. easy to make mistake.

I'll be partial-quoting myself.
Do open the spoilers to look at the picture, to have a better understanding:

Leaving system settings will let it boot back to system nand.

Here is what you should do.

When you first boot your 3DS, without using Emunand, create a few folders to show you are in sysnand, like this:

LwHN58V.jpg

Now install whatever, enter Emunand and insert your flashcart.
Now rename those folders:

ZueAfgY.jpg

(ignore the fact that my games don't appear on sysnand)

Now to be sure, power off and on.
What folders do you see?

If you see the sys folder again, you know which mode you are in.
and when you emunand, you see the emu folders, you know what mode you are in :)

Once you can confirm that the folder method is accurate,
you won't need to enter and exit to check again.

Cheers!

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personnally, I didn't bother creating any specially marked empty folders in emunand or sysnand. The dead giveaway that you are in emunand or sysnand is the presence or absence of the green miiverse icon on the top right of your bottom screen. No Miiverse icon = you're in sysnand.

Of course, that's assuming that you updated the emunand to the latest version online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, why is wish.com still alive?