I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, I'm trying it...it's perfect, the menu is beatiful, the games run smoothly a useful turbo button and there's even a rewind button
wub.gif

Just perfect.

I don't know what emulator you're playing, but nesDS is far from perfect compared to some of the other emulators that exist.

That isn't to say that it's not great. Hell, it might even be the best NES emulation that's possible on a Nintendo DS. I played 4 games to test this out, and all of them had problems in the short span that I checked them out.

Mega Man 2 - Speed issues and some incorrect horizontal lines
Punch Out - Huge graphic glitches at the title screen and before a fight
Blades of Steel - No voices
Contra - Scrolling backgrounds don't display properly. They're darker than when they're still.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. These games are certainly playable and I think that loopy has done some awesome work on this project. But calling it "perfect" is wildly inaccurate.

My bad then, I only tried early NES games -my favorites-
happy.gif

looneyboy784

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im kind of new to NesDS and SnesDS. How do you save SRAM in NesDS i keep losing my file in final fantasy? Also has anybody gotten SnesDS to work with any **** and if so which and how?

Edit:
\anger
I’m bad at censoring myself
sorry

looneyboy784

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind I figured it out by dropping my DS and accidentally touching the screen while picking it up.

SnesDS question still stands

loopy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saving in nesDS is pretty lame right now, it needs to be reworked. After you save ingame, you need to save SRAM explicitly (from the File menu), it's not automatic.

OR, don't bother messing with sram and just save states instead.

I wouldn't waste much time with snesDS, to be honest. There are better emulators out there.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work loopy and this really should be on the portal!

well yeah that is what I was thinking.. but has anyone tried it?
the first reply in this topic is
QUOTE said:
Not enough space for patch. Available 16384 bytes, need 32768 bytes. Can't patch it. :/ (not working)
so, does it work or not?

QUOTE(loopy @ Jun 15 2007, 02:04 PM)
G6 bug should be fixed now. Redownload and try again...

smile.gif

Blueberryboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played Zelda 2 on my R4 and saved, but the save didnt work.
Well, i saved in my game, or how do i save so i can play the save on my NesDS again?

looneyboy784

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is coverd in page 2 of this thread by my question. But yes to save the ingame save you must tap the lower screen and then use the save SRAM option. Or you could forget about that and just use the save state

Soopy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i generally just use the save state as it is a lot easier to pick up where i left off. Having to remember to click SRAM can get frustrating because i have failed to do so for the hundredth time. i had to redo my zelda game too many times...
frown.gif

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone suggest me somg good games for the NesDS that works 100%? No RPGs please.

I already have Ms Pac Man, but I need more games!!!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone that hasn't played Solar Jetman should do so now. It seems to run nearly perfectly on nesDS, and with save states it might even be possible to beat the game. It was way too f***ing hard when I played it in the NES.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
In that case, release your source code to someone who's willing to work
tongue.gif

Don't give up hope, until SNEMulDS came out I always believed in your emulator. I still do. Maybe you guys can work together because sound emulation is just bad on Snemul (no offense man! You still hold the title of the best author around the world
tongue.gif
)

I don't mind the NESDS saving, because as long as it can save, i'm fucking happy! (plays Mario 3 and Zelda II)

Damn right about the saving and Snemul's sound!!!

I hope the sound gets better soon, particularly on zelda 3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm, i've patched nesDS and snesDS with DLDI Drop for OSX, put it on my M3 Simply, and it still says DLDI DRIVER IS MISSING. Anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.