tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ibrahim541 said:
i got my acekard a yesterday and i downloaded the official firmare on it then i download the ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds and ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds and because i had a DSi and a DSL i wanted to update the acekard so it would work on my DSi so i went on my DSL and i did the ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds update and now neither my DSi and DSL wont read the acekard it says there is no card inserted help please what did i do wrong because i am gonna order another acekard and i wanna do it right this time also can i fix this acekard ?

thank you very much
As I said in the guide, you should use the DSi file even if you are performing the update on a DS Lite. There's less chance of anything going wrong if you use the DSi file. If you've bricked it, you can recover the card but it will require another working flashcart.

It's in the guide
QUOTEMy Acekard doesn't appear in the DS menu, what do I do?

There are normally 2 possible causes of this:
  • A previous 1.4 flash went bad : Follow the unbricking guide above.
  • You Acekard is having contact issues : Follow the contact guide below.

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am not going to panic but I got the DSi update 14 as you said put it into the sd card then into Acekard2i then got my DS Lite and used it now I did not brick my Acekard2i but when I boot it the thing says Acekard2i still not Danny Phantom and I used what you linked to so what happened and did I brick it? Don't want to continue before I know what happened I did everything you said and no Danny Phantom.

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BankaiCero09 said:
I am not going to panic but I got the DSi update 14 as you said put it into the sd card then into Acekard2i then got my DS Lite and used it now I did not brick my Acekard2i but when I boot it the thing says Acekard2i still not Danny Phantom and I used what you linked to so what happened and did I brick it? Don't want to continue before I know what happened I did everything you said and no Danny Phantom.
The Danny Phantom icon doesn't appear on the DS Lite, I did put that in the first paragraph of the guide.

If after flashing you don't see it on the DSi, try flashing it again. It does no harm to flash it more than once. The photos in the guide are all taken by me, i've flashed mine multiple times as you can see in them.

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok good to know lol that is great then I have DSONEi too and that always shows Star Was Lethal Alliance which is a little annoying lol another reason to like Acekard2i.

ibrahim541

Trophies
XP
Country
ok so when i get my new acekard i have to download the official or akiao firmware then i download the ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds and ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds to my mircosd card then i put the microsd card into my acekard and my acekard into my ds lite and i click on the ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds file and after its 100% i turn off my ds lite and then it sould work on both DSlite and DSi

please say if this is right

ok thank you for replying i also have another question whats the difference between akaio and official firmware i am not gonna use cheats or anything i just want to play games and save them.

thank you

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ibrahim541 said:
ok so when i get my new acekard i have to download the official or akiao firmware then i download the ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds and ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds to my mircosd card then i put the microsd card into my acekard and my acekard into my ds lite and i click on the ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds file and after its 100% i turn off my ds lite and then it sould work on both DSlite and DSi

please say if this is right
Yes, that is correct.

QUOTE(ibrahim541 @ Apr 25 2010, 01:05 PM) ok thank you for replying i also have another question whats the difference between akaio and official firmware i am not gonna use cheats or anything i just want to play games and save them.

Read the guide.

jak larnak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
A little suggestion for the guide:
I know that it's already in "updating loaders" section but you should add in the "installing AKAIO" section the fact that there's really no point to install the official OS since you can use it in AKAIO as an alternative loader.

rover eric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright - i got a situation here that will stump you ( hopefully not, for my sake).

My wife has a new DS XL, running 1.4U
We bought an Acekard 2i, hw:81, patched it to 1.4
running AKAIO v1.6 RC2

Acekard boots up fine, and i can launch games without issue. At some point, either during the game booting, or in the first minute of game operation, it totally locks up.

Now - it's not the card, or the roms. I bought a used DSI today, running v1.2, and the same card runs awesome in it.

I disabled wireless on both, just for the hell of it, to no effect. I even did the paper trick in case it was an issue of poor contact... it's not.

Any ideas? I know people are running the Acekard2i on 1.4U, so i assume it's not that... but, as far as i can tell that's the only difference between this DSI running 1.2 and the DS XL running 1.4U.

Thanks in advance,
-Eric

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's likely to be a contact issue, there isn't really that much else it could be. Try placing the XL on a stable flat surface, without moving it power on the XL and boot the acekard. Don't touch the touchscreen, just leave the game running through it's intro for 15mins. If it's still working, pick it up and try using the touchscreen; if it then hangs it's a contact issue. The movment will be causing the Acekard to move slightly in the slot, as will pushing the stylus against the touchscreen.

A few people have had similar problems on their DSi XL and have solved it inserting the Acekard into the XL's slot normally until it's locked. Then without depressing it, pulling it out slightly; you shouldn't be able to pull it much because it should be locked.

You could try flashing it again, flashing it multiple times does no harm.

Otherwise you could always try it on a DSi with FW 1.4, but I doubt that's the issue.

rover eric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
A few people have had similar problems on their DSi XL and have solved it inserting the Acekard into the XL's slot normally until it's locked. Then without depressing it, pulling it out slightly; you shouldn't be able to pull it much because it should be locked.

that's actually working! thanks!!

Exbaddude

The Prince.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The "ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds" is for if you want to update multiple Acekard2i's right? Cause it says multiple carts...
Sorry, I'm just a little bit confused.

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Exbaddude said:
The "ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds" is for if you want to update multiple Acekard2i's right? Cause it says multiple carts...
Sorry, I'm just a little bit confused.
Yes that's right. I know it can be a little confusing because of how they are named, but use the DSi file for updating a single cart and the DSL file for updating multiple carts/ unbricking a cart.

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Exbaddude said:
Saturn // Oh Okay. Thanks.
Also, if you updated your Acekard2i to 1.4, will the Danny Phantom icon stay forever?

It only appears on the DSi, not on a DS Lite or DS Phat. If the DSi protection gets cracked, then they should release an update for the Acekard 2i's which will no longer require the Danny Phantom workaround.

On Acekard's website there's a language fix http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2i_e...te_20090503.zip This writes to the same area of memory as the Danny Phantom 1.4 fix. So if you apply the language update, there's a chance it many remove the Danny Phantom update. I don't have a DSi handy to find out, but I tried it on my AK2i/ DS Lite and the language fix updated/ ran to completion fine. This cart had been previously updated to 1.4.

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
Exbaddude said:
^ But does the Danny Phantom icon stay forever if you updated the Acekard to 1.4 and used it on a DSi?

Yes, because its required if you want to continue using the AK2i on a DSi 1.4. If you switch to the Phat/Lite the Acekard icon will appear.

ibrahim541

Trophies
XP
Country
ok i got my acekard i did everything there and now the acekard works on the DS phat and DSI but not on the DS lite help please

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ibrahim541 said:
ok i got my acekard i did everything there and now the acekard works on the DS phat and DSI but not on the DS lite help please

On this forum, there are plenty of people willing to help.
But you really have to be more descriptive of what your actual problem is!
Does it show up when you turn on the DS lite and give an error?
Or does it just not appear when you turn on the DS lite?

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go easy on me
unsure.gif
but once the update is complete can I remove the "ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new" file from the root or does it need to remain there?

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
206 said:
Go easy on me
unsure.gif
but once the update is complete can I remove the "ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new" file from the root or does it need to remain there?

you can delete the file once the update is finished

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)