Hacking Updated n00b guide to setting up your Acekard

morrisseyshair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Very cool guide. It was very helpful. Thank you.
yaywii.gif

phillyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i'm new here and hope you can help me. and thx for the guide. it help me a lot.

I have a DS Lite and an AK2i. Not sure if i need to update to firmware 1.4? I use AKAIO.1.6.RC2 and everything work great but every time i want to change game, i have to turn power off. Is there away to change game w/out power off?

Also, the __aio\ak2loader\ where can i find download link based on your step #5?
QUOTE said:
"In __AIO\AK2LOADER\ you can optionally place the the loader from the official software. Just place akmenu4.nds from the official software into this folder, you can rename akmenu4.nds [whatever you want].nds. Pressing the (Y) button on a selected rom will then allow to use the AKAIO loader, or any loader present in __AIO\AK2LOADER\"

When i install the AK2i version 4.21, if i want to change game all i need to press all button and it will take me to Game folder. but the AK2i v4.21 some game not working and it's slow when loading game. AKAIO 1.6rc2 is faster

thx

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
phillyguy said:
Hi, i'm new here and hope you can help me. and thx for the guide. it help me a lot.

I have a DS Lite and an AK2i. Not sure if i need to update to firmware 1.4? I use AKAIO.1.6.RC2 and everything work great but every time i want to change game, i have to turn power off. Is there away to change game w/out power off?

Also, the __aio\ak2loader\ where can i find download link based on your step #5?
QUOTE said:
"In __AIO\AK2LOADER\ you can optionally place the the loader from the official software. Just place akmenu4.nds from the official software into this folder, you can rename akmenu4.nds [whatever you want].nds. Pressing the (Y) button on a selected rom will then allow to use the AKAIO loader, or any loader present in __AIO\AK2LOADER\"

When i install the AK2i version 4.21, if i want to change game all i need to press all button and it will take me to Game folder. but the AK2i v4.21 some game not working and it's slow when loading game. AKAIO 1.6rc2 is faster

thx

It's hard to tell from your post, but I guessing you are having problems with Soft Reset. AKAIO has a different Soft Reset key combination to the Official.

Soft Reset key combination is (L)+®+(B)+(A)+(Down). By default it's disabled, you can either enable it globally in system settings or per rom by pressing (Y) twice on the selected rom.
You have the official 4.21 archive you downloaded from the Acekard site. Open this and copy the AK4Menu.nds to __AIO\AK2LOADER\ in my case after coping I renamed it 4.21.nds

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
somerandomguyO_O said:
Great guide. Should be stickied in place of mine.
smile.gif
Problem is it means I have to take care of the thread and n00bs can be a pain in the rear.

If it slips off page 2, then i'll leave it be.

What I would do is remove the "Old tutorial" +associated text "(has more information but much harder on the eyes)" from your guide, also remove all the spoiler tags. You then need to update the 1.4update it links to, it's the wrong one. You also need to change which update it should use, it should be the DSi file regardless of console.

Then put at the bottom "A more in depth guide can be found here " with a link to the first post in this thread. That way people can quickly read a small thread, and if they need more information read a larger in depth post. It also means there will be no need to replace your thread with mine,

jak larnak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
tk_saturn said:
Then put at the bottom "A more in depth guide can be found here " with a link to the first post in this thread.
Or maybe you could copy your first post when editing it and then pm it to Somerandomguy so he can edit his guide with yours quickly (simply copy/past).
(Of course he would mention your name)
Just a suggestion...
rolleyes.gif

Very great guide btw (hope it will decrease all the noobish posts around here
tongue.gif
)

brad335

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently purchased an acekard 2i from leetmod with the 1.4 firmware. I followed the directions in the tutorial, but when i try to use it i get a message saying : An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting. From what i have read this would happen when the dsi is v1.4 and the firmware is not, but firmware on the acekard is, or at least should be 1.4 (comes up as danny phantom on dsi). I'm not sure what do now, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It could be a bad flash. Leedmod updated it to 1.4, but never actually tried it on a DSi.

All you can do is try reflashing it or sending it back to them.

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jak larnak said:
Or maybe you could copy your first post when editing it and then pm it to Somerandomguy so he can edit his guide with yours quickly (simply copy/past).
(Of course he would mention your name)
Just a suggestion...
rolleyes.gif

Very great guide btw (hope it will decrease all the noobish posts around here
tongue.gif
)
If I do anything like that, it will be coping it to the WiKi.

I've already done the update guide (and it's better) http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...dating_to_FW1.4

But i'm starting to get fed up WiKi, and it's not doing what I want it to.

jak larnak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
tk_saturn said:
If I do anything like that, it will be coping it to the WiKi.
I understand and it would be very nice to have this guide on the Wiki...
But the thing is that most of the time n00bs just can't read, they can't even find a stickied thread so don't expect them to search something on the Wiki...
(n00b:"huh? Wiki? Wth is that?"
wtf.gif
)

Recently I saw severals threads where people were sent to Somerandom's guide without knowing that yours is there and better...
I would understand if you stand on your position (dunno if it's correct english...
blush.gif
) but it would be really n00b helpfull if your guide could replace the old one...
After all, you made that guide for them, no ?
wink.gif

Again thanks for your work !
yay.gif

Btw, I added a link to your guide in the AKAIO Wiki links section (informations section)

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
okay i got as far as root directory. what is that?
Root directory is the absolute base of your MicroSD. If you go to Start --> "Computer" (Windows 7 or Vista) or "My Computer" (XP) then double click on your MicroSD, that is the root directory.

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll update the post to reflect their new locations in just a little while, I was over the limit on my ISP storage and had to reorganise. As this thread slipped to page 4, I didn't think anyone would notice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.