XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v10.1

• Fixed booting on 4.x (*)
  • Allowed launching 3dsx apps on < 8.x where Rosalina is supported (currently, 4.x and above)
  • Added two new options in Rosalina's "System configuration" submenu:
    • the option to force a WiFi network, allowing to use local-network homebrew even if the connection test would fail (@LiquidFenrir)
    • the option to disable short POWER button presses in Rosalina->System configuration (@izzy84075)
  • Changed a few things in the NTP submenu:
    • added the ability to offset the time in the NTP menu by any number of minutes (@nathanhitch)
    • changed the default IP to that of time.windows.com, not blocked in mainland China
  • Added support for BPS patches (@leoetlino)
  • Arm9 menu: check for button combos again after the PIN and/or splash screens
  • Fixed a few bugs in loader sysmodule that were causing crashes (@leoetlino, #1375: @Lizardon1, @muhmuhten)
  • Fixed a few bugs in other sysmodules (@lioncash, @piepie62, @Oreo639, @mariohackandglitch), including one that would cause erroneous errdisp screens to show
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience
In addition, with thanks to @fincs, this release of Luma3DS comes bundled with version 2.1.1 of the Homebrew Menu.

To update, simply drag and drop boot.firm and boot.3dsx to the root of your SD card, as always.

(*) The space left for Rosalina on this system version (and maybe a few other system versions) is running out; the level of support for it may be reduced to that of 3.x in the future.

You can also use the Luma Updater from within your modded Device.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for posting the update information :)

I just updated mine and my wife's n3ds xl's and just something I noticed is it seems to take longer to power down than it did previously

It's not a big thing, but just purely an observation

Anybody else experienced this ?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

I just updated mine and my wife's n3ds xl's and just something I noticed is it seems to take longer to power down than it did previously

Hello.:)

Yes,not always but 2 of 3 Times the Power/WiFi LED´s stays and needs a few Seconds.

Thank you.:)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
A little Addition.:D

A network connection can now be forced in the Rosalina menu, even if the connection test fails. This is useful for FTP, for example. The short press on the POWER button can also be deactivated. The time server has been changed to time.windows.com and some bugs in system modules have been fixed.

Fortunately, BPS patches are finally supported. For example, Project Restoration for Majora's Mask 3D can be played with the official Luma3DS version.

https://wiidatabase.de/luma3ds-v10-1/
(German Page)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Same here. I clock close to 18 secs on my stop watch the moment I press the (POWER) button until the blue LED turns off. On Luma3DS v9.1 and NATIVE_FIRM, it's around 3 secs.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
They're aware of the issue. Looks like we'll just sit back and wait.
Anyone who finds any thing else to report, first check the [GitHub] Luma3DS, Issues (both opened and closed sections). If you don't have a github account and don't feel like making one, post your findings here for someone else to post in your stead.

https://old.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/c...ma3ds_v101_bps_patch_support_4x_boot/fol96nk/

Yes,it seems it is a Bug.:(

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Update v10.1.1

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

• Fixed multiple issues affecting shutdown (and reboot, firmlaunch) time. Shutdown time should be reduced to around 2.5~3.5s (from 16s):
    • A regression from v10.1 that was also potentially affecting startup times
    • A regression from v10.0
    • A bug back from 2016 causing shutdown times to be 1.5 to 5.5s longer than normal
  • Fixed an issue where some Luma builds wouldn't boot
  • Fixed most remaining cases where you would get an Arm9 svcBreak with 0xC8804465, in particular if you pressed the SAFE_MODE combo very late (this was a long-standing issue)
  • 3DSX: increased the maximum core1 CPU time limit for APT_SetAppCpuTimeLimit from 30% to 89%

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Update v10.1.1

• Fixed multiple issues affecting shutdown (and reboot, firmlaunch) time. Shutdown time should be reduced to around 2.5~3.5s (from 16s):
    • A regression from v10.1 that was also potentially affecting startup times
    • A regression from v10.0
    • A bug back from 2016 causing shutdown times to be 1.5 to 5.5s longer than normal
  • Fixed an issue where some Luma builds wouldn't boot
  • Fixed most remaining cases where you would get an Arm9 svcBreak with 0xC8804465, in particular if you pressed the SAFE_MODE combo very late (this was a long-standing issue)
  • 3DSX: increased the maximum core1 CPU time limit for APT_SetAppCpuTimeLimit from 30% to 89%

Much better now, thank you :)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Update v10.1.2

• Fixed cheats not working at all (v10.1.1 regression)
  • Fixed WiFi forcing not working at all (v10.1.1 regression). Also fixed other related bugs, including the mishandling of non-reachable access points
  • Fixed a long-standing issue where the debugger and InputRedirection would hang for a long time and fail to recover if there was no internet
  • Fixed a long-standing issue where the console would take a long time to power off/reboot/firmlaunch if either the debugger or InputRedirection were left enabled. Please note that this still happens if both are left enabled at the same time

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Those new Luma3DS releases are great for networking homebrew apps. We can now force a WiFi connection to any access point without needing to setup a fakemii node server. Really handly to use InputRedirection with an android phone (I'm actually using my Switch pro controller on my n3dsxl system).

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/2VSGYf0.mp4