Hacking Update games without latest system software and without kexploit

kitanii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I really don't think thats possible because unlike the PS3 the PS4 updates are behind the PSN login so you can't just download them like that but I haven't tried the system update block and then download approach so it will be interesting to see what OP makes of it.
No luck. Blocked the addresses floating around and while the URL's are blocked game updates CANNOT be downloaded without connecting to PSN. If I try to update a game I'm prompted to sign in to PSN in order to use network features. To use network features and actually connect to PSN I have to update the system firmware which requires the URL's to be allowed.

Unless someone knows another way? I press the option button while highlighting the game in question and select "Check for updates."

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
If you're trying to update God of War (for example), where the latest game update was created by the developers of the game using Sony's SDK for 5.53 or 5.55 (and you're on 5.50), then yes, it will ask you to update the system firmware.

But if you're trying to update an older PS4 game that hasn't received any new patches lately (e.g. Infamous Second Son), then it should work just fine.

Here's a website that tracks the game updates and their respective firmware version: https://ps4database.io/search

Last edited by DSpider,

kitanii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're trying to update God of War (for example), where the latest game update was created by the developers of the game using Sony's SDK for 5.53 or 5.55 (and you're on 5.50), then yes, it will ask you to update the system firmware.

But if you're trying to update an older PS4 game that hasn't received any new patches lately (e.g. Infamous Second Son), then it should work just fine.

Here's a website that tracks the game updates and their respective firmware version: https://ps4database.io/search

Then what you're saying is incorrect. Trying to update Yakuza 6 in this case and according to ps4database.io the latest patch came out on firmware 5.05. I'm on 5.50 and still can't update w/o connecting to PSN and updating to 5.55.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try blocking the url's for system software. that's how I was able to download updates without updating the system software. I have the url's in my ps4 tutorial.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post them here pl0x :)

post.net.playstation.net;*get.net.playstation.net;*fus01.ps4.update.playstation.net;*feu01.ps4.update.playstation.net;*deu01.ps4.update.playstation.net;*ps4updptl.eu.np.community.playstation.net;*tmdb.np.dl.playstation.net;*themis.dl.playstation.net;*sf.api.np.km.playstation.net;*asm.np.community.playstation.net;*artcdnsecure.ribob01.net;*api-p014.ribob01.net;*apicdn-p014.ribob01.net;*t-prof.np.community.playstation.net;*ps4updptl.eu.np.community.playstation.net;*ps4.updptl.sp-int.community.playstation.net;*ps4updptl.jp.sp-int.community.playstation.net;*ps4-eb.ww.np.dl.playstation.net;*dus01.ps4.update.playstation.net;*ps4.updptl.np.community.playstation.net;*ps4updptl.jp.np.community.playstation.net;*http://djp01.ps4.update.playstation.net;*fjp01.ps4.update.playstation.net

Reactions: KiiWii

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if you mean download or install a game update. 'cause sf 5 tried downloading an update even with those url's blocked. no system software though. I think I let axiom verge's update go through. it didn't ask for a system software update either. I'm not sure if it's a bug or intentional, but my system says to update the system software, even for normal games without updates, if I don't have those url's blocked. the solution is to restart the system. it might be due to system software trying to download at that time.

kitanii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
try blocking the url's for system software. that's how I was able to download updates without updating the system software. I have the url's in my ps4 tutorial.

Like I wrote earlier I already have blocked the URL's. I still can't update the game. I.E. check for and downloading the update.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure why then. however, my system seems to be weird. not only can it remember two router/sandisk connect keys, but I was able to get around the sf 5 update by interrupting it during download. it would no longer download the update after that. anyway, I went completely offline due to a game update, sf 5 (in case it crept up again), requiring higher firmware. you need to block updates, then restart your system. I don't understand why it's not working for you when it worked for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu