Updates for disk-based games on a jailbroken PS$

meeeow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey,

I purchased my first PS4 (and my first PlayStation console in general), which is currently running on FW v9.0 and should arrive tomorrow. I have a quick question since I am a beginner (I've done some research and prepared everything else for the jailbreak already).

The "problem" is: I already have a couple of games on discs. I would like to install updates but play the main game still from the disc to preserve space on the internal hard disk.

So, the question is if there is a procedure to update games without being connected to Sony's servers. If you could point me to the correct tutorial, it would already help me a lot.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by meeeow,

TimPV3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to install updates but play the main game still from the disc to preserve space on the internal hard disk.

PS4 installs all games to the hard drive, the disc is basically just used to make sure you still own the game.

Reactions: KiiWii

meeeow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's probably the best solution. I am waiting for a raspberry pi zero to arrive that is supposed to do the jailbreak every time the PS4 is booted up, get everything set up, and then I gonna take a look if I purchase an external HDD.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's probably the best solution. I am waiting for a raspberry pi zero to arrive that is supposed to do the jailbreak every time the PS4 is booted up, get everything set up, and then I gonna take a look if I purchase an external HDD.
Huummm, Raspberry Pi Zero ?

That’s what I used first when 9.00 jailbreak came, ( with the Rasperry Pi project) , instead of crappy usb sticks.

Bur honestly, I think it’s a waste of “power “, unless you have specific projects😉.

I use now (even if I have a Pi Zero 2W 🙄, esp32 S2 mini modded), a dongle usb based on esp32, works like a charm…
5 euros on Ali 🙄.

Flashed with the best/reliable Host Exploit for 9.00 (PS-Phive!), in my opinion, from @Leeful and @Prb

As for the extended storage, honestly, I do recommend it, that will give your internal a big rest.

I play only on external (internal only homebrews).
PS4 Pro 1T
Never experienced a lag on the same game between internal and external.

Last edited by Maupiti,
Reactions: KiiWii

meeeow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, the Raspberry Pi is supposed to be hooked up to a surround system and run a MPD server to stream music from a NAS.

Is a SSD recommended or is a HDD sufficient?

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, the Raspberry Pi is supposed to be hooked up to a surround system and run a MPD server to stream music from a NAS.

Is a SSD recommended or is a HDD sufficient?
I’m not sure the PS4 is really optimised for a SSD, seeing some posts of annoying slow downs over the time, more expensive for little gain.
In my opinion, HDD is sufficient.
I use a 2,5 “” 4T WD Black series on extended storage.
Being working flawlessly for nearly 3 years.

Last edited by Maupiti,
  • Love
Reactions: meeeow

meeeow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah, well... just for the lol's: the seller realized that FW 9.00 is "special", came up with hilarious stories that the console is suddenly damaged, and refused to ship it (despite having said 2 days earlier that it has been shipped).

so... lot of people write "the ps4 is reset". Does a factory reset also update the firmware? If that is the case, I can skip writing to a lot of people.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, well... just for the lol's: the seller realized that FW 9.00 is "special", came up with hilarious stories that the console is suddenly damaged, and refused to ship it (despite having said 2 days earlier that it has been shipped).

so... lot of people write "the ps4 is reset". Does a factory reset also update the firmware? If that is the case, I can skip writing to a lot of people.

Factory reset just wipe all the data and put the system back to the firmware it is currently on.

RaichuBender

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The ORBIS Installer gives me network connectivity errors. Even though the site is up and my PS4 is connected to the network.

I tried manually downloading and installing update PKGs from the orbispatches website, but neither the full (part 1, part 2 etc.) nor the delta package are valid according to GoldHEN, ItemzFlow and PS4-Xplorer...
Says something along the line of “base package not installed.”

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated