Update: Digimon Survive announced for western release

iaRoLsv.png

Last week, we saw the reveal of a new Digimon game for Japan. As promised, Bandai Namco gave us our first look at the actual game today during a reveal livestream, showing off gameplay during both battles and story, as well as a trailer. Combat appears to take place in a grid-based arena, much like standard strategy RPGs. It's all in Japanese, as a localization has not yet been announced, however the most recent Digimon RPG game from 2015, Cyber Sleuth, managed to be officially translated in 2016. Digimon Survive is slated for a 2019 release window in Japan, for both the Nintendo Switch and the PlayStation 4.

UPDATE: Bandai Namco announced the game would also be for PC and Xbox One in Japan.

UPDATE: Bandai Namco Europe announced that the game will be getting an official English release. It'll be launching digitally for PS4, XB1, PC, and Switch in 2019.

Last edited by Chary,

AT-LOWDeSu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think after the last few Digimon games getting localized, regardless of their overly japanese/anime style, it seems natural that they'd go international with this one as well.

mancasoko

Trophies
XP
Country
I am happy for the first Digimon game on PC, but I wish that we get also Digimon Story games too, because I am more fan of turn based Jrpg style. Also this game may be one of the dark game because some characters may die depending of your choice you make in game, and also evolution depends of your choice too. In this first gameplay video we saw that Agumon evolve to Metal Greymon in battle and also there are only about 100 playable digimons in this game, but we will see more in some next trailers and updates.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am happy for the first Digimon game on PC, but I wish that we get also Digimon Story games too, because I am more fan of turn based Jrpg style. Also this game may be one of the dark game because some characters may die depending of your choice you make in game, and also evolution depends of your choice too. In this first gameplay video we saw that Agumon evolve to Metal Greymon in battle and also there are only about 100 playable digimons in this game, but we will see more in some next trailers and updates.
There already is a Digimon game on PC, but it's a crappy MMO: https://store.steampowered.com/app/537180/Digimon_Masters_Online/.

Also, I doubt your Digimon can permanently die, a la X-COM or Valkyria Chronicles. It's probably more akin to Disgaea where you just visit the nurse and get healed up. That being said, Digimon permanently dying isn't a rare concept in the franchise. A lot of the Digimon World series is based on permanent death, though they're immediately replaced with an egg, and it isn't what I'd consider "dark." Even if your Digimon can "permanently" die in this game it'll probably work that way.

fodderstein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I am so excited for such news, but damn is the texts-over in the new trailer ominous/scary.

blah blah a world we didnt know existed blah blah that summer blah strange(incredible) creatures blah *life or death* wait what... in order to survive, there's no other choice - Adventure tale for survival. blah.

Oh so excited.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There already is a Digimon game on PC, but it's a crappy MMO: https://store.steampowered.com/app/537180/Digimon_Masters_Online/.

Also, I doubt your Digimon can permanently die, a la X-COM or Valkyria Chronicles. It's probably more akin to Disgaea where you just visit the nurse and get healed up. That being said, Digimon permanently dying isn't a rare concept in the franchise. A lot of the Digimon World series is based on permanent death, though they're immediately replaced with an egg, and it isn't what I'd consider "dark." Even if your Digimon can "permanently" die in this game it'll probably work that way.
this isn't even the first PC Digimon game. Digimon World 1 had a bafflingly bad PC port in Korea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol