Homebrew Update 11.0 and Homebrew

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm running a9lh, with cakes, with native frim writes disabled.. How would this update affect me? (I'm assuming the update would fail?)
You should be able to update fine. If you have A9LH and Nand backups (you should make one just before you try to update) then you'll be fine and there's no harm in updating.

Quetzalcoatl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I just bought a 3ds xl and am a total noob when it comes to all this homebrew stuff. All I know is 11.0.0 really messed stuff up, I was wondering if there is a "currently working" way to have custom themes shuffled? If someone could give me an answer or point me in the path I need to go that would be very helpful. PS- I have themes downloaded but have no clue how to run them on my current version.

Last edited by Quetzalcoatl,

Hopalongtom

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I just bought a 3ds xl and am a total noob when it comes to all this homebrew stuff. All I know is 11.0.0 really messed stuff up, I was wondering if there is a "currently working" way to have custom themes shuffled? If someone could give me an answer or point me in the path I need to go that would be very helpful. PS- I have themes downloaded but have no clue how to run them on my current version.
From my experience shuffled custom themes had issues with audio anyway... if you wanted them to have the correct background music and opening noises it was best to keep them unshuffled!

Quetzalcoatl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ok so Using Howling Theme Tool I managed to make a .cia file with all the Themes I would like access to. Can anyone help a noob Install this (custom?) .cia I just reformatted my sd-card so I have a blank slate. I have heard of NASA and FBI but have no clue if they work for this or anything really :P Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

BLarghsalot!

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok. hopefully it will be updated fully soon.i am getting a lot of "System update is ready. perform system update?" on my 3ds home menu but i am not gonna update to 11.0.0-33U until i can use Oothax on that firmware. still on 10.7

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok. hopefully it will be updated fully soon.i am getting a lot of "System update is ready. perform system update?" on my 3ds home menu but i am not gonna update to 11.0.0-33U until i can use Oothax on that firmware. still on 10.7
Why not just downgrade and use CFW or arm9lh? Then it won't be an issue.

BLarghsalot!

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does arm9lh require a hard mod or sysnand/eamunand? if so i am not doing the hard mod and i do not know if eamunand/Sysnand require any special flash cards or r4 cards.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does arm9lh require a hard mod or sysnand/eamunand? if so i am not doing the hard mod and i do not know if eamunand/Sysnand require any special flash cards or r4 cards.
Nothing on here requires a hardmod, except a hardmod Lol. They are all softmods and only require an SD card and old firmware to install. It's really straightforward.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok where is the guide? since i am still on 10.7 i can possibly get it.
I linked to it in my post.
Edit: I should also say that you don't have to follow the guide or install A9LH if you don't want to. Read through the guide a few times and think about it before making a decision. You shouldn't brick if you follow the guide to the letter, but if you don't feel comfortable with following the guide, then don't do it.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,
Reactions: Majickhat55

BLarghsalot!

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so how would i downgrade all the way back to 2.1 or so to get the OTP? i thought that dowgrading required gateway or some other junk that hacks it like r4 or so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also the game drops oct 25, so does call of duty black ops 6, i guess barbenheimer is happening...