Homebrew Update 11.0 and Homebrew

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'll need the Action Replay dongle in order to do this, correct?
Powersaves dongle, yes.

You can try using Pokemon Super Mistery Dungeon to use supermisterychunkhax, since it works in 11.0.0-33, but you have to install it first in a console that have acces to Homebrew Launcher, since your console have it you can install it in your console for your brother
I completely forgot about SMChax. Maybe because Ninjhax and OoThax are both out of commission my mind just thought "all cart-based hax don't work".

falcozx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. I do have another older 3ds on 9.9, however, I'm prompted to update the 3ds firmware immediately after launching the browser. Doesn't seem like any of the workarounds work and I'm pretty much screwed with this one too. Might need to snag a copy of Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon...or just wait for a OoT3DHax patch.

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My N3ds still tells me an error has occurred when I try to update Sys to 11.0 no matter what I do and the spot pass download hasn't even popped up in over a week

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. I do have another older 3ds on 9.9, however, I'm prompted to update the 3ds firmware immediately after launching the browser. Doesn't seem like any of the workarounds work and I'm pretty much screwed with this one too. Might need to snag a copy of Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon...or just wait for a OoT3DHax patch.
You can bypass that block by making it jan 1st 2000 or w/e the first date is in the 3ds. After changing the clock, delete your browser save data.

Reactions: Deleted User

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hm, strange. Updating with Luma worked fine for me. Maybe try power-cycling your router.
Have you ever had any issues with system updating in the past (CFW or otherwise)?
No never before shop told me I needed an update a few times on cfw when I was on latest before but it started to work again for no reason at all

falcozx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can bypass that block by making it jan 1st 2000 or w/e the first date is in the 3ds. After changing the clock, delete your browser save data.
I tried but it seems like I can't even get past the update screen. It pops up immediately after launching the browser.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried but it seems like I can't even get past the update screen. It pops up immediately after launching the browser.
  1. Goto System Settings. Then change the datetime to January 1, 2000, 00:00.
  2. Use the browser 'Initialize savedata' option, before any page gets loaded triggering the browser-version message.
  3. Continue to use browserhax as normal.
  4. Note that you must not press the HOME button to return from the browser normally, otherwise you will have to reinitialize the savedata again. Once the datetime reaches January 2, you will have to repeat these steps if you want to continue using this bypass.

falcozx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Goto System Settings. Then change the datetime to January 1, 2000, 00:00.
  2. Use the browser 'Initialize savedata' option, before any page gets loaded triggering the browser-version message.
  3. Continue to use browserhax as normal.
  4. Note that you must not press the HOME button to return from the browser normally, otherwise you will have to reinitialize the savedata again. Once the datetime reaches January 2, you will have to repeat these steps if you want to continue using this bypass.
I've tried this and I cannot get to step 2 because the message triggers immediately after launching the browser.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing happens. Not sure if it's because I've viewed the message once or something. The message pops up with black background.
Strange, it worked for me with around 3 or 4 3DSes. I just killed the wifi, opened the browser, and hit the settings wrench before anything loaded, and killed the browser save data.

Last edited by Viri,

falcozx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange, it worked for me with around 3 or 4 3DSes. I just killed the wifi, opened the browser, and hit the settings wrench before anything loaded, and killed the browser save data.

Yeah..I'm not too sure. I'm on 9.9.0-20U with this 3DS. I tried digging around but I couldn't find any posts talking about it.

Matson25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
NOTICE: smea just updated his ninjhax github! Someone that can analise it or who knows what he did please report here!

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
NOTICE: smea just updated his ninjhax github! Someone that can analise it or who knows what he did please report here!
He fixed the randomisation issue so that Ninjhax and OoThax can work on 11.0. However, Ninjhax would still not work as a primary export because its access to the internet is still blocked; smea is still working on a fix for that.
Regardless, just wait for a release from smea.

k3rizz3k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running a9lh, with cakes, with native frim writes disabled.. How would this update affect me? (I'm assuming the update would fail?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My asshole feels like a Wendy's frosty machine