Hacking Unity with WiiU

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ur welcome.

A friend showed me this image. Same should be done about 3ds unity version. Their both SDK(s) should be backed up (since i'm not in their dev program, idk if SDK is the same for both Wii U and 3DS or they are different).

Ps4 and PSV unity were leaked with their respective SDKs too.

Idk if same occurred with Xbox One.
No they're not not the same as they each contain the things needed to compile stuff for their respective platforms but once you subscribed for the dev section (it's free, just do it!) you can download everything from there. :)

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No they're not not the same as they each contain the things needed to compile stuff for their respective platforms but once you subscribed for the dev section (it's free, just do it!) you can download everything from there. :)

Ok, as i guessed. So, the SDK should be backed up too.

If i subscribe to their dev program, i'll need to obey their NDA and comment/share nothing from there.

That's why i am free to show such things as that screenshot.

Last edited by Perfect One,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, as i guessed. So, the SDK should be backed up too.

If i subscribe to their dev program, i'll need to obey their NDA and comment/share nothing from there.

That's why i am free to show such things as that screenshot.
Don't take that as an advice but ... man who'd ever figure out it was YOU who shared anything? ;)

NGT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I just got Unity for Wii U, how do I install games and /or test them on my retail Wiiu with Homebrew?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey I just got Unity for Wii U, how do I install games and /or test them on my retail Wiiu with Homebrew?
Just export them. You should end up with code/content/meta folders which you can test with Loadiine on Wii U or Cemu on PC (by launching the main rpx in code folder).

NGT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, and then I can install it on my retail wii U? what about the region? also how do I do input? I've been trying and its such a pain.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thanks, and then I can install it on my retail wii U? what about the region? also how do I do input? I've been trying and its such a pain.
Look at the first pages here about the input. I wrote somewhere how inputs are handled.
The region doesn't matter as you would have to use a CFW eitherway (Mocha or Haxchi).

NGT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait. You've got Unity for Wii U (!) to compile the game for you, right?
Did you end up with code/content/meta folders?
Are they full or empty?

Yes, full.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait. You've got Unity for Wii U (!) to compile the game for you, right?
Did you end up with code/content/meta folders?
Are they full or empty?

I’m able to load the .rpx in cemu, but I never get a good result in loadiine, could you send me a sample project source if you’ve made any?

MarioShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
another question

Do i need a specific unity version to build my project for Wii U? on my unity ,there's no Wii U Build Option

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@MarioShadow : you need to register a free developer account here: https://developer.nintendo.com/

After that, go to: https://developer.nintendo.com/group/development/ys7tBGLg/downloads and download the latest version of it, which is UnityforWiiU-4_0_2-20180418.zip (928,334MB sized file) as of the day i wrote this my message/comment.

After that, download the other necessary programs, like CAFE SDK, MULTI, Nintendo Dev Interface and so on..(that info i got from my friend that is registered there, so, for more details which program you'll need, contact who is registered there).

So, your Unity version which can be downloaded from official unity' site will never have all necessary tools to export to wiiu, you'll need to do what i described here.

About unity for wiiu being dead after june 2018, check this my comment/message: https://gbatemp.net/threads/unity-with-wiiu.417927/page-3#post-7954918

Last edited by Perfect One,
Reactions: lordelan

jushelbushel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are there some people who back-uped these UnityForWiiU versions?
I can't seem to find anything about it, but I'd really like to use a newer version of it.
Still a little bit miffed that Nintendo just cut support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work