Gaming Homebrew Homebrew app Homebrew game Unity 3DS Build fails at banner and icon

jvncti0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trying to port Baldi's basics to the 3ds and some of my other projects but when i go to build it fails. I have tried everything I can think of but everytime I build it fails at the last part which is creating the banner and icon.

I have the SDK and the 3dsBanner package installed but I just cant figure this out.

Screenshot 2023-07-11 181331.png
Screenshot 2023-07-11 181415.png

Screenshot 2023-07-11 181425.png

jvncti0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
do you have makebanner (this is probably a dumb question and it's probably bundled) ((but it DOES say 32 so are you running windows x64?))
I am brand new to 3DS Homebrew, so I am confused on this, what do you mean by make banner? As far as I know unity is just suppose to compile it when you build. and yes I am running a 64bit edition of windows 11, i don't even think there is a 32bit version of windows after 10, do i need 32bit windows?

Edit: by makebanner i assume your referring to ctr_makebanner32 and yes that files is present in the directory

Last edited by jvncti0n,

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am brand new to 3DS Homebrew, so I am confused on this, what do you mean by make banner? As far as I know unity is just suppose to compile it when you build. and yes I am running a 64bit edition of windows 11, i don't even think there is a 32bit version of windows after 10, do i need 32bit windows?

Edit: by makebanner i assume your referring to ctr_makebanner32 and yes that files is present in the directory
i have no idea if you need 32bit windows, probably not? also there are spaces in the directory name but there are quotes so that shouldnt be a problem...
try running the program yourself (command line) and tell us what error it gives you

jvncti0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have no idea if you need 32bit windows, probably not? also there are spaces in the directory name but there are quotes so that shouldnt be a problem...
try running the program yourself (command line) and tell us what error it gives you
I tried running the program itself, no error just a quick cmd prompt flashes on screen

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried running the program itself, no error just a quick cmd prompt flashes on screen
through command line. don't double click, do these steps:
press win + r, and type cmd.
in the cmd prompt, cd to that directory.
run the program by typing it in, with the arguments (words after ctr_makebanner in error log)

jvncti0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shot me out this

USAGE : ctr_makebanner32 [-d] SPECFILE [BANNERFILE] [ICONFILE]
ctr_makebanner32 [-d] -noicn SPECFILE [BANNERFILE]
ctr_makebanner32 [-d] -nobnr SPECFILE [ICONFILE]

I assume I would need to put paths to specific files for the banner and icon but I'm not sure how I would go about doing that

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shot me out this

USAGE : ctr_makebanner32 [-d] SPECFILE [BANNERFILE] [ICONFILE]
ctr_makebanner32 [-d] -noicn SPECFILE [BANNERFILE]
ctr_makebanner32 [-d] -nobnr SPECFILE [ICONFILE]

I assume I would need to put paths to specific files for the banner and icon but I'm not sure how I would go about doing that
Oh, I get it now. Unity probably needs you to insert the paths in the settings somewhere.

jvncti0n

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unable to create banner and icon
"C:\Nintendo\unitysdk\SDK\ctr_sdk\tools\CommandLineTools\ctr_makebanner32.exe" BannerSpec.bsf "C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\Baldi's Basics Field Trip Demo 1.1 For 3DS\Temp\StagingArea\Banner.bnr" "C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\Baldi's Basics Field Trip Demo 1.1 For 3DS\Temp\StagingArea\Icon.icn"

Error building Player: Unable to create banner and icon
"C:\Nintendo\unitysdk\SDK\ctr_sdk\tools\CommandLineTools\ctr_makebanner32.exe" BannerSpec.bsf "C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\Baldi's Basics Field Trip Demo 1.1 For 3DS\Temp\StagingArea\Banner.bnr" "C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\Baldi's Basics Field Trip Demo 1.1 For 3DS\Temp\StagingArea\Icon.icn"

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try copy and pasting: "C:\Nintendo\unitysdk\SDK\ctr_sdk\tools\CommandLineTools\ctr_makebanner32.exe" BannerSpec.bsf "C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\Baldi's Basics Field Trip Demo 1.1 For 3DS\Temp\StagingArea\Banner.bnr" "C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\Baldi's Basics Field Trip Demo 1.1 For 3DS\Temp\StagingArea\Icon.icn" into CMD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways.