Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
syko5150 said:
no thats incorrect shoptemp did in fact ship it when said but they can't be held responsible for what DHL is doing

Exactly. Sounds par for the course when dealing with a courier like DHL or UPS, IMO. I don't understand why anyone chooses to deal with them; I've never found their practices to be much higher than criminally incompetent and extortionary. UPS is by far the worst, though.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Atashi said:
Anyhow, the whole thing started off in the first place with them saying the order was 'completed' but the tracking number was 'unavailable'. If they had elaborated that completed wasn't shipped, or not offered the tracking number as 'unavailable' in the first place then I probably wouldn't be as grumpy now. So call it a string of errors and problems, but it's a new and IMHO untested shop, based in hongkong, shipping from a warehouse in China, and thus far it's been difficult to get accurate / complete information from them.

If things are really being handled 'in order' then how did they run out of DHL labels by the time they got to order # 21? They had less than 21 DHL labels? I asked their support person directly "when did it ship?" and that was never answered. Only that it had 'already been shipped' and for some reason it was 'on their internal system' but not their website nor had the status email been sent -- until after support said it was already shipped.

I'm not saying it's a big conspiracy. All I'm saying is that they aren't up to the levels of customer service that I was expecting. Hence - unimpressed so far.

-Atashi
"Completed" actually means that the order has been received by the staff and verified. It's basically the next step after ordering and everything being sorted before shipping. I believe so, anyway.

With your permission I'd like to ask the support staff (if I can get ahold of them) whats what with what you've stated about your question(s) not being answered. Would that be alright?

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
You Admin here are being kept busy with these petty questions, why doesn't the TC give the site a few days to settle in?

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Jackthelad said:
You Admin here are being kept busy with these petty questions, why doesn't the TC give the site a few days to settle in?

Because some people are far too impatient for their own good, and prefer being unreasonable.

I'm surprised Atashi is that impatient, though... Canada Post isn't exactly the fastest thing on Earth, lol. You'd think she'd at least be used to it.

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
As someone who uses DHL out of Hong Kong and China quite a bit, I can personally attest to the fact that their system leaves much to be desired. It's quite normal for an item to be shipped from the supplier and not show up in their tracking system for 24-72 hours. Then, when it does show up, you'll find it on your doorstep the following morning.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Does Hong Kong Post have anything akin to Japan's EMS shipping? Personally, I've found Japan's postal service to be the best I've ever dealt with. EMS packages from Japan often show up on Canada Posts's tracking system within a few minutes of showing on Japan Post's. And it's the fastest I've ever encountered, too... sometimes they get here before a domestic package would; and they never seem to get hit by customs.

Couriers, on the other hand, are just awful. I always deal with the national postal service of the country I'm ordering from. I'd had enough of dealing with criminals after my second encounter with UPS.

supervenice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well...now im kinda afraid to push the "review order and continue" on paypal....well its my first time ordering on the internet..i hope they ironed out the kinks...

Jeff88

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jackthelad said:

Seeing as the admin himself did not have any problem handling his questions and the Shoptemp is the new source of income for this site, why do you care?

Atashi

Out of the Loop
OP
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
Ace, by all means. I do understand that they're busy, and I get the impression that their support staff aren't in the same time-zone as their warehouse, but I still maintain that 'i don't know' is a better answer than ignoring or overlooking questions.

I am familiar with the delays between being given a tracking number and having that number show up in the courier's system; that is not the situation here - in this case they say they have physically shipped the package but the tracking number will be provided later on. I haven't experienced this before.

I'm all rant-ed out now and will try not to post any further on this topic till the product actually arrives.

My apologies to those whom I have bored with my concerns.

Cheers!

-Atashi

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Jeff88 said:
Jackthelad said:

Seeing as the admin himself did not have any problem handling his questions and the Shoptemp is the new source of income for this site, why do you care?

It becomes tedious having to read all these moaning posts, and being a new site it has to be expected.

Also why should you care that i care not read these moaning posts?

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Folks, don't worry about us, we want the shop to be successful and reliable too, so we're happy to answer questions to the best of our ability.
smile.gif

Atashi: I talked to support and I think there may have been a misunderstanding. The entire back and forth seems to be by the book. It seems you were actually wrong on an important factor though...

The example that lead me to look into this was the fact that you stated you had asked the following question: "when did it ship?", and that they answered improperly. I was shown the exact question asked, which was actually "When will the order be shipped then?" to which they responded: "I've checked the status of your order and it has already shipped according to my records." That's the proper answer to the exact question you asked.

So with that said, I didn't really see a problem beyond a simple misunderstanding of what you asked versus what they told ya'.

ColdForge

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.tunecore.com
XP
Country
United States
Heh. People are getting pretty heated about this stuff.
smile.gif
I think I agree with most of the other posts that we have to just be patient. I ordered an AKi2 a few days ago and I have a tracking #, but it comes up as invalid. So, I'm just going to be patient considering the circumstances. It's a new store and a new service. I will contact the ShopTemp guys if my tracking # still comes up as invalid in a week or so. Also, considering what an awesome price they gave us on the AKi2, I'm not going to complain. I searched the net for weeks and I couldn't find a price this good, and it's nice to know that GBAtemp is behind the store, the web can be a shady marketplace.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xiaNaix said:
As someone who uses DHL out of Hong Kong and China quite a bit, I can personally attest to the fact that their system leaves much to be desired. It's quite normal for an item to be shipped from the supplier and not show up in their tracking system for 24-72 hours. Then, when it does show up, you'll find it on your doorstep the following morning.
this is true a lot of times i ordered something from the US a month ago and by the time i got a FedEx tracking number the package was already on the delivery truck on its way to my house lol...

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I usually get free shipping from places like RealHotStuff, what does it mean when the site says "No packaging"? I'm just a little confused on this. Does this just mean the flashcard won't arrive in its box, just some sort of plastic bag filled with all the things that usually come with it, or what? Obviously it won't be able to be shipped without postage packaging, that's why I'm wondering.

Indie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uncle FEFL said:
Since I usually get free shipping from places like RealHotStuff, what does it mean when the site says "No packaging"? I'm just a little confused on this. Does this just mean the flashcard won't arrive in its box, just some sort of plastic bag filled with all the things that usually come with it, or what? Obviously it won't be able to be shipped without postage packaging, that's why I'm wondering.
Yes, it will just be the card and any cables or adapters you would usually get. You don't get the box or the manual if there typically is one.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Indie said:
Uncle FEFL said:
Yes, it will just be the card and any cables or adapters you would usually get. You don't get the box or the manual if there typically is one.

I'm assuming if you chose one of the better options like HK Post Registered Airmail, etc. then you will get all the original packaging and stuff?

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Yep, with even the $1 shipping option you'd get the packaging. The reason ShopTemp offers you the no-packaging option is that many stores will give you that by default to save costs without informing you of it, with ShopTemp its just an option.

ColdForge

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.tunecore.com
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman said:
Yep, with even the $1 shipping option you'd get the packaging. The reason ShopTemp offers you the no-packaging option is that many stores will give you that by default to save costs without informing you of it, with ShopTemp its just an option.
Is there a possibility of the items getting damaged without its original packaging?

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
No, they would bundle them up in protective padding and whatnot. It's just a size/weight thing to keep down shipping costs. Also, had to remove your signature for now because it was stretching the page.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?