Out of the Loop
OP
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
I placed my order with them on the 6th, I must have been one of the early ones, my order was # 21. It went from 'awaiting fulfillment' to 'completed' in only a few hours. Then there was the thing about learning that 'completed' does not mean 'shipped'. It seems that the order is complete before it gets shipped.

I had opted for DHL because I'm impatient & I want the tracking info, and I don't mind paying extra for that.

So when the order was 'complete' without tracking info (it actually said 'tracking number is not available') I submitted a ticket. After a few hours they got back to me and explained it was a glitch, and that's how I surmised that the order hadn't shipped yet.

So I waited. Finally this morning, the order still hasn't been shipped, so I reply to the ticket asking when the order will ship.

They get back to me saying it has already shipped and they've updated the order status accordingly.

Except there's still no tracking number.

So I have to submit yet another ticket asking what the tracking number is and why it's not on the status email. The status email that says shipped still says 'tracking number unavailable'. And their website itself has no mention whatsoever of the tracking number, when viewing order details.

It's like playing 20-questions with them and it's frustrating.

This is why I've recently been shopping at RealHotStuff - even though they're in the USA and I'm in Canada, I usually get my orders next-day (via fedex). That's faster than the two businesses that are just across town from me (KickGaming & ConsoleSource) who both take 3 or 4 days.

I guess I'm just ranting a bit but when you pay the extra $$ for the fast delivery and tracking, you expect fast delivery and tracking.

-Atashi

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
zuron7 said:
You're really really impatient.
You can't expect much from a Hong Kong based company.
Well that's not true, the good folks that work at ShopTemp are working very hard. And I've heard for a fact they're attempting to sort out any tracking number issues.

Atashi

Out of the Loop
OP
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hehe I know I'm impatient
smile.gif
thats why I pay the extra $$ for the rush shipping!

Under all normal circumstances I never would have done business with an HK-based company, due to other past experiences. This one was all GBATemp recommended and affiliated though, so I was hoping for a better result.

Whether I do business with them again will depend on how the rest of this order experience goes.

-Atashi

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Atashi said:
Hehe I know I'm impatient
smile.gif
thats why I pay the extra $$ for the rush shipping!

Under all normal circumstances I never would have done business with an HK-based company, due to other past experiences. This one was all GBATemp recommended and affiliated though, so I was hoping for a better result.

Whether I do business with them again will depend on how the rest of this order experience goes.

-Atashi
Bare with'em, this is only the third day of operation and unexpected kinks really can't be worked out until they encounter them in the field.
tongue.gif

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
It's like any new enterprise, it's gonna take a little time for them to get up and running efficiently.

Atashi

Out of the Loop
OP
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
Just got another response from them and honestly it sounds fishier and fishier.

They claim the package has been shipped, but they won't have a tracking number till tomorrow because they have to "register the package with a DHL agent".

I use DHL here all the time and you have a tracking number as soon as you fill out the waybill. How can they have shipped it already but not get a tracking number till tomorrow?

I'm starting to suspect that they didn't have the Dingoo in stock at all, and either it's being direct shipped from somewhere else, or they had to get it sent to them so they can repack it and ship it back out. This claim that it was shipped but they'll get a tracking number later on just sounds like a story so that they can say it was shipped within 48 hours.

-Atashi

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sorry to hear of your problems Atashi.

Your package has been passed on to a Chinese DHL agent and is definitely within the system. ShopTemp have been absolutely rushed off their feet since launch and are bound to have a few hiccups as the team settle into the job, but of course that should not affect customer satisfaction. Your tracking number will be assigned to your order very shortly as the DHL agent issues them in order. From what I understand, the reason a tracking number wasn't assigned earlier is actually very simple and understandable, the team had ran out of DHL shipping labels (the types pre-printed with tracking numbers) but instead of delaying your package until they got more in, they gave it to the agent who took it in and will supply them with the tracking number very shortly.

Atashi

Out of the Loop
OP
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
shaunj66 said:
I'm sorry to hear of your problems Atashi.

Your package has been passed on to a Chinese DHL agent and is definitely within the system. ShopTemp have been absolutely rushed off their feet since launch and are bound to have a few hiccups as the team settle into the job, but of course that should not affect customer satisfaction. Your tracking number will be assigned to your order very shortly as the DHL agent issues them in order. From what I understand, the reason a tracking number wasn't assigned earlier is actually very simple and understandable, the team had ran out of DHL shipping labels (the types pre-printed with tracking numbers) but instead of delaying your package until they got more in, they gave it to the agent who took it in and will supply them with the tracking number very shortly.

Thank you for the info shaunj66 - I'm still a bit befuddled by it all. If they're doing it all in order, then they had less than 21 DHL labels? (I was order # 21).

Does this mean that instead of my order being delayed at the ShopTemp shipping dock, it's being delayed at the DHL depot? Or will the tracking number get assigned while the package is halfway to Canada?

I'm probably nitpicking but it doesn't inspire confidence to know that the package is 'somewhere within the DHL system' without any way of locating it.

-Atashi

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The package has started progressing through the system (so I've been told - please understand that I can't confirm that), but it is currently almost midnight in that area and so ShopTemp will not be getting the tracking number until some time tomorrow.

Yes they didnt have a full set of DHL labels on their first day of packing orders. Like I said, it's their first day of trading and are trying to get everything up to speed and didn't expect so many DHL express shipments on day one.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you wont receive a tracking number until the parcel company has processed it so just because ShopTemp has shipped it doesn't necessarily mean that DHL(in this case) has processed it and shipped it out yet the tracking number wont be available until DHL ships it then your order status should have the tracking number.

iamthemilkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I honestly wouldn't worry so much. I've ordered within the states many times and didn't receive tracking #'s, even though I was supposed to. And guess what? The packages still arrived in a timely fashion.

Atashi

Out of the Loop
OP
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
syko5150 said:
you wont receive a tracking number until the parcel company has processed it so just because ShopTemp has shipped it doesn't necessarily mean that DHL(in this case) has processed it and shipped it out yet the tracking number wont be available until DHL ships it then your order status should have the tracking number.

So in other words it's still being delayed - just this way, ShopTemp can claim they 'shipped it' within 48 hours, even if it doesn't actualy go anywhere...

iamthemilkmanYeah, I honestly wouldn't worry so much.

I'm not worried per se.

More annoyed at how they are handling things. If there was a problem "we ran out of DHL labels" then why not say so up front? The fact that every tidbit of information I've received has only come after me asking them specifically for it, then when there's an obvious followup they don't volunteer it, I have to ask again... it lowers confidence and leaves the impression that they've got something to hide.

-Atashi

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
The answer isn't some massive conspiracy, Atashi. Here, I'll give you an example: if you ran out of paper for your printer tomorrow, does your best friend across the street instantly know that? What we're dealing with here is a situation where a shipper ran out of labels, and the support staff have no way of knowing that immediately. The reason the information probably wasn't volunteered is probably because they had to ask someone higher up about it.
tongue.gif

sn0wfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Ace Gunman said:
zuron7 said:
You're really really impatient.
You can't expect much from a Hong Kong based company.
Well that's not true, the good folks that work at ShopTemp are working very hard. And I've heard for a fact they're attempting to sort out any tracking number issues.

shipping and issuing shipping/tracking numbers is like sucha basic procedure.. i cant really say i'll forgive a newly setup online shop regarding that
rolleyes.gif

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Atashi said:
syko5150 said:

So in other words it's still being delayed - just this way, ShopTemp can claim they 'shipped it' within 48 hours, even if it doesn't actualy go anywhere...

I'm not worried per se.

More annoyed at how they are handling things. If there was a problem "we ran out of DHL labels" then why not say so up front? The fact that every tidbit of information I've received has only come after me asking them specifically for it, then when there's an obvious followup they don't volunteer it, I have to ask again... it lowers confidence and leaves the impression that they've got something to hide.

-Atashi
no thats incorrect shoptemp did in fact ship it when said but they can't be held responsible for what DHL is doing

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
syko5150 said:
Atashi said:
syko5150 said:

I'm not worried per se.

-Atashi
no thats incorrect shoptemp did in fact ship it when said but they can't be held responsible for what DHL is doing
That is what is important here. Give the new company a break. If the package never arrives, then come complain. This thread is getting tiresome and thank you to the admins for helping keep our faith in the new supplier to all us tempies.

Atashi

Out of the Loop
OP
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
Ace Gunman said:
Here, I'll give you an example: if you ran out of paper for your printer tomorrow, does your best friend across the street instantly know that?

Of course he does - if he's paid me to print something for him and I promised he'd have it tomorrow, then I would let him know right away that I was unable to fulfil my obligation to him at the time I had promised it. It is good business practice to keep your customers informed.

Anyhow, the whole thing started off in the first place with them saying the order was 'completed' but the tracking number was 'unavailable'. If they had elaborated that completed wasn't shipped, or not offered the tracking number as 'unavailable' in the first place then I probably wouldn't be as grumpy now. So call it a string of errors and problems, but it's a new and IMHO untested shop, based in hongkong, shipping from a warehouse in China, and thus far it's been difficult to get accurate / complete information from them.

If things are really being handled 'in order' then how did they run out of DHL labels by the time they got to order # 21? They had less than 21 DHL labels? I asked their support person directly "when did it ship?" and that was never answered. Only that it had 'already been shipped' and for some reason it was 'on their internal system' but not their website nor had the status email been sent -- until after support said it was already shipped.

I'm not saying it's a big conspiracy. All I'm saying is that they aren't up to the levels of customer service that I was expecting. Hence - unimpressed so far.

-Atashi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr