Homebrew Unattended boot to Melee on USB?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,096
  • Replies 1
D

Deleted User

OP
Hello all!

I was wondering if it was possible to have my Wii boot to Nintendont on power-on and then have Nintendont subsequently auto-boot Melee (off of my USB hard drive).

The end goal is to have Melee be running and playable with no user input except for pressing the power button.

(It sounds totally stupid, I know, but it's for an arcade-ish project)

My current process is Priiloader>Nintnendont>Melee, but for some reason Priiloader doesn't seem to like autobooting to Nintnendont, as Nintendont just loads the background and then throws a DSI exception.

So then I tried having the process be Priiloader>CrazyIntro>Nintendont>Melee, but CrazyIntro seems to result in a black screen when the button is pressed to run Nintendont.

Solutions to my problem(s), or alternatives that meet the end goal criteria are welcome.

You guys are wonderful, thank you! :yaywii:

(I am running the latest stable version of Priiloader and the latest stable version of Nintendont, running 4.3U)

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello all!

I was wondering if it was possible to have my Wii boot to Nintendont on power-on and then have Nintendont subsequently auto-boot Melee (off of my USB hard drive).

The end goal is to have Melee be running and playable with no user input except for pressing the power button.

(It sounds totally stupid, I know, but it's for an arcade-ish project)

My current process is Priiloader>Nintnendont>Melee, but for some reason Priiloader doesn't seem to like autobooting to Nintnendont, as Nintendont just loads the background and then throws a DSI exception.

So then I tried having the process be Priiloader>CrazyIntro>Nintendont>Melee, but CrazyIntro seems to result in a black screen when the button is pressed to run Nintendont.

Solutions to my problem(s), or alternatives that meet the end goal criteria are welcome.

You guys are wonderful, thank you! :yaywii:

(I am running the latest stable version of Priiloader and the latest stable version of Nintendont, running 4.3U)
I had the same problem some years ago. I had a weird Wii that hanged only on Wii games. I used to play only with Dios Mios, configured with Priiloader to autoboot. With the advent of Nintendont, i tried to do the same, but as you said before, it throws a DSI screen. I speculate it has something to do with the creation of the config file (nincfg.bin), so maybe you could modify the source and recompile a version that does not generate one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...