United States
Ya, I set it all up

waffle install.png

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
udpih was just the initial exploit to get isfshax installed. Fort ftpiiu you would need Tiramisu or Aroma. https://aroma.foryour.cafe/

So the setup worked and you went through the initial setup and you are now at the homescreen?

Rynatic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
udpih was just the initial exploit to get isfshax installed. Fort ftpiiu you would need Tiramisu or Aroma. https://aroma.foryour.cafe/

So the setup worked and you went through the initial setup and you are now at the homescreen?
Yeah, I'm able to get to the homescreen now! :yay:

Now I'm following along the aroma link you sent. Already prepped SD, now gonna try to do the Browser Exploit
Post automatically merged:

The NAND Backup is not working. It just goes back to the minute menu after confirming to dump the slc, slccmpt, seeprom, and otp.

Last edited by Rynatic,
Reactions: SDIO

Rynatic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was looking over the steps that follow to make sure I understand what I need to do. But I'm a little concerned about this blocking updates. Would I not receive any updates for my Wii U console or game? Then not be able to play my physical games I have? My Wii U is already asking to update, but I haven't yet because I wanted to finish getting my system setup before I update. I just got my system working I would hate to mess it up again.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Game updates are not affected by the block, just system updates.
You can do the system update to the latest version now, but after that I wiuld recommend blocking it, in case nintendo releases some future update that causes trouble. For example if they would fix ISFShax, your console would brick

Also dump the Discs with wudd, install them but keep a backup of the dumped discs on the PC, there is a disc rot problem with the Wii U Discs. So back them up before they fail

Last edited by SDIO,
Reactions: Rynatic

Rynatic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game updates are not affected by the block, just system updates.
You can do the system update to the latest version now, but after that I wiuld recommend blocking it, in case nintendo releases some future update that causes trouble. For example if they would fix ISFShax, your console would brick

Also dump the Discs with wudd, install them but keep a backup of the dumped discs on the PC, there is a disc rot problem with the Wii U Discs. So back them up before they fail
Well now I'm getting an error trying update my system :/
When I try to update through the settings I get Error 105-3012

I keep seeing people talk about the problem potentially deleting the update folder, but I don't remember touching that while setting everything up on the SD Card. Any ideas of how to get around this?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
when you rebuild the mlc, the update folder isn't created. So you probably need to create it first, if you haven't doe so already.
Also aroma should not be running when doing the update

Rynatic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you rebuild the mlc, the update folder isn't created. So you probably need to create it first, if you haven't doe so already.
Also aroma should not be running when doing the update
You're talking about with the wafel_install, right? How would I add the update folder to that or to my system? I haven't finished installing Aroma or Tiramisu yet. But I was thinking of just using Tiramisu and FTPiiU instead of Aroma.

Rynatic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/GaryOderNichts/UFDiine this can create and delete the update folder. Aroma already comes with a FTPiiU plugin. When installing leave the roma / Tiramisu autoboot disabled untill you have done the update.
Well I'll probably do the update before installing Aroma/Tiramisu. The only reason I'm skeptical of using Aroma is because it seems like it's a work-in-progress and I don't want to deal with the hassle of checking for updates. Then to have to go through reinstalling my Wii U through the SD Card. I'm hoping once I finish getting my system working I don't have to keep getting messing with it for the most part and be mostly done, then to play my games when I want to.

BTW do I download the first file to do this and put it on the root of the SD card?

Update Folder.png

Last edited by Rynatic,

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nö go v to the release page of the GitHub project, there you find the three compiled binaries.

Aroma comes with an updater

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto