WiiFanAix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everybody,

I'm trying to use UDFiine to delete the update folder on my freshly Tiramisu-modded Wii U.

Unfortunately, launching UFDiine via the HBC instantly bricks my console. I mean, at the very moment I press the "Load" button, the whole thing bricks, and I have to manually turn off the Wii U (via its own switch, not even via the gamepad). This can be reproduced 100% of the time.

Any hints ? Thanks !

Laf111

Trophies
XP
Country
France
the whole thing bricks, and I have to manually turn off the Wii U (via its own switch, not even via the gamepad)
Heu... i just call it a hard/forced reboot.
The app simply crashed (last release was in May 2020, maybe it is not working with Tiramisu???)

When you brick your console you cannot start anymore.

You can delete the folder via FTP using WiiuFtpServer (delete or create /storage_mlc/sys/update)

Last edited by Laf111,
Reactions: godreborn

WiiFanAix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry, I shouldn't have said bricking then. I'm still a newbie here. :)
I thought UFDiine would work with Tiramisu, because it's part of the SD downloadable zip file in the tutorial I followed.

Could somebody please confirm if UFDiine works with Tiramisu or not?
Maybe a UFDiine update could solve the problem. I have just reported my issue to the dev.

WiiuFtpServer looks a bit complicated for me, especially when UFDiine is preinstalled on the HBC and supposed to do the work with only a button press. So hopefully I can find something simpler. ;)

Last edited by WiiFanAix,

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you might be using the Hombrew Launcher Channel, which doesn't work properly with Tiramisu.
I recommend just using the Mii Maker to launch UFDiine.
theres a way to fix it but i cant recall you have to delete some file on your sd card

WiiFanAix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To fix the HBC or UFDiine ?
UFDiine works well via the Mii Maker app, and now my updates folder is deleted, so hopefully I don't need it anymore.
However if there's a way to make the HBC app work properly with Tiramisu, I'll gladly take it!

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to fix hbc here ill look if i can find it
To fix the HBC or UFDiine ?
UFDiine works well via the Mii Maker app, and now my updates folder is deleted, so hopefully I don't need it anymore.
However if there's a way to make the HBC app work properly with Tiramisu, I'll gladly take it

Reactions: WiiFanAix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/GVs1tc_vq0g?si=laLZzpaM8uZLmYXO