Two Snakes, Contra characters, Xavier Woods and more now available in Super Bomberman R update

Konami has been hard at work improving Super Bomberman R and hopefully this update shows it. In this major update comes new characters from classic Konami games, a all new guest character, and new levels. Snake from Metal Gear series comes in both Solid and Naked forms also voiced by David Hayter himself but he's not alone as Raiden also joins. Bill and Lance from Contra series also joins the battle as well as Ebisumaru, Vic Viper ZERO and Ayako Katagiri. Also featured as a guest character is real life professional wrestler Xavier Woods. Defuse bombs on the new Mother Base level and play the grand prix mode with a all new checkpoints rule and more. Super Bomberman R is now available on Playstation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Steam.

The Grand Prix mode now has the new "Checkpoints" rule.

[Checkpoints]
Players scramble for areas known as "Checkpoints" in the stage.
Occupied checkpoints provide a certain amount of point every 10 seconds.
At the end of the round, additional points are given for the occupied checkpoints.

- 3 types of Metal Gear stages have been added for you to enjoy the Checkpoint rule.

- New characters are available in the shop.
- Solid Snake Bomber
- Naked Snake Bomber
- Raiden Bomber
- Bill Bomber
- Lance Bomber
- Vic Viper ZERO Bomber
- Ayako Katagiri Bomber
- Ebisumaru Bomber
- Xavier Woods Bomber
- Max

- New accessories have been added.

-The rules for accomplishing a perfect in Grand Prix have been changed.
- In Crystal, a perfect is accomplished when you possess all the crystals in the stage for 15 seconds.

- Various other small bugs have been fixed.

:arrow:SOURCE

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Gamer4Lyfe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unless Raiden Bomber can slice shit into a million peaces I won't bother with the game.
This. Whilst it’s great to see new characters, they’re effectively only skins. It would be great if different characters had different attributes and skills. Snake should have the ability to use camouflage for a limited time per match or be able to hide in a box once per match where he doesn’t take damage!

samedifference

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Bonk or Twinbee? Seems like a bit of a missed opportunity IMO. Still digging these free updates + characters they've been adding though.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kind of hate and regret getting this game for Switch, mostly due to my own Bomberman inadequacies, but am impressed with the continued support. It already had some added content that was well over 1gb that I noticed when browsing through Data Management.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty great they continue to improve this game. Its a really fun game for any Bomberman fan. The only thing i miss are the actual adventure modes that games like Bomberman 64 and its sequel had to offer.

Reactions: Glyptofane

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless Raiden Bomber can slice shit into a million peaces I won't bother with the game.
This. Whilst it’s great to see new characters, they’re effectively only skins. It would be great if different characters had different attributes and skills. Snake should have the ability to use camouflage for a limited time per match or be able to hide in a box once per match where he doesn’t take damage!
Raiden does have a move where he slices things up, he sends other bombers back when he hits then with his sword. Both snakes solid and naked have an ability to turn invisible (as in you cant see him, like 100% camoflauge) and while theyre invisible they can still move around and drop bombs everywhere.Every single new bomber that has been added has a new ability to use in battles

Last edited by Eddypikachu,

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiden does have a move where he slices things up, he sends other bombers back when he hits then with his sword. Both snakes solid and naked have an ability to turn invisible (as in you cant see him, like 100% camoflauge) and while theyre invisible they can still move around and drop bombs everywhere.Every single new bomber that has been added has a new ability to use in battles
oh, rad. still, I would kill for a sequel to mgr Revengence(turns out it's a real word)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Lol not me trying to get people to make an uncensor patch for imagine makeup artist