Hacking Twilight Princess HD can already be played!

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
The title key is wrong
It doesnt even exist as far as i know

Title.tik? In't it generated automatically when you run the command?
Also I know some people who decrypted the game and already had it uploaded

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The title key is from Hyrule Warriors.
THANKS!! you're right! I put the wrong key! Thanks so much lol!
I'll try again with the right key

Yeloazndevil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
taking the app and cos xml files from the eshop version into the disc dump sped up load times a bit some areas are still bad, but its much better than before. Eshop meta.xml file for the game had slightly different values compared to the disc meta.xml.

Ordon Village had very bad load times and after timing it a few times its around 6 seconds for me now it used to be around 12 seconds. Tested with both 32k and 64k clusters and no difference between the 2.

http://www103.zippyshare.com/v/jFLujPVj/file.html - uploaded the xml files

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title.tik? In't it generated automatically when you run the command?
Also I know some people who decrypted the game and already had it uploaded

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

THANKS!! you're right! I put the wrong key! Thanks so much lol!
I'll try again with the right key
so the right key has been leaked?
can u pm me the link?

iVcU

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
taking the app and cos xml files from the eshop version into the disc dump sped up load times a bit some areas are still bad, but its much better than before. Eshop meta.xml file for the game had slightly different values compared to the disc meta.xml.

Ordon Village had very bad load times and after timing it a few times its around 6 seconds for me now it used to be around 12 seconds. Tested with both 32k and 64k clusters and no difference between the 2.

Thanks!!!

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Twilight Princess on Wii had some weird glitch where you got stuck and had to restart the game from scratch. It's highly likely that this glitch is not present in the Wii U version, but you never know for sure until you try I guess.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twilight Princess on Wii had some weird glitch where you got stuck and had to restart the game from scratch. It's highly likely that this glitch is not present in the Wii U version, but you never know for sure until you try I guess.
Are you referring to the cannon room that you can become trapped in?

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone has watched the DigitalFoundry video on TPHD, you know it has some interesting framerate quirks. The one they pointed out was the Faron Woods and how the fog was causing it to drop from 30FPS to 26-27FPS.

Well just now after entering Eldin Province, I walked past the stick that you're supposed to smell, and the game severely lagged for a few seconds. I'm talking in the 12FPS range. Even funnier was when I circled back and walked past it again, the game lagged again.

I'm starting to wonder if we'd see shit like this if Nintendo had done this remaster in-house.

Yeloazndevil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sped up ordon village and made hyrule castle load times longer xD Still I wonder why I get different results from the eshop xml files compared to making them from the values from the disc meta.xml

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

thanks for that. I've tested it and unfortunately I'm still getting horrible loading time.. even at 64K cluster, between 10 to 25s in average on a transcend 64gb USH1 U3. I got no performance gain compared to the previous xml i was using.. or no xml at all as a matter of fact

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dream is over.

I get an error code whenever I go into Hyrule castle after beating the Ice palace.

20160308_154029.jpg

Very strange. I tried to reload the game on another save file and getting another error code. So it has nothing to do with the place itself.

Last edited by Bimmel,

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dream is over.

I get an error code whenever I go into Hyrule castle after beating the Ice palace.

View attachment 41671

Very strange. I tried to reload the game on another save file and getting another error code. So it has nothing to do with the place itself.
Are you playing a EUR dump? I'd like to try the save to see if it does it here too.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Are you playing a EUR dump? I'd like to try the save to see if it does it here too.
Yes, I do. Meanwhile I tested the game again - with an error code right when I start it out of Loadiine.

I did change literally nothing since I've played the last time. Must be my WiiU then?

I'll try it with 32k again. Only did that to see if Bayonetta 2 works better before. Maybe I just had luck the first times I played TP. Reporting back as soon as I know more.

Edit: Changed the cluster size of the card into 32k again and updated on Loadiine GX 0.2 Beta. I just did a quick test with Hyrule town, and it works again. No problem. It is strange though.

Last edited by Bimmel,
Reactions: Irastris

KashiToxicBlood

how2hakpls
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Mazamin

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Since the glitch wasn't in the Gamecube version, and that's what this version is based on, I'd be shocked if it was in this.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So has anyone tried using Dumpiine to dump the save, rename Epona's name to something absurdly long, and then re-inject it, in order to induce a crash ala the Twilight Hack from the original Wii?

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So has anyone tried using Dumpiine to dump the save, rename Epona's name to something absurdly long, and then re-inject it, in order to induce a crash ala the Twilight Hack from the original Wii?
I haven't heard of anyone trying this, yet. But if I understand it correctly, the old Wii Twilight Hack just caused a buffer overflow, which allowed Team Twiizers to inject code into an IOS exploit they found. Since the WiiU's IOSU exploit is not yet public (maybe never), I don't think a buffer overflow exploit would benefit the scene any more than the userspace exploit that already exists. It would, however, give an additional userspace exploit to use, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol