Hacking Twilight Princess HD can already be played!

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone see the Wolf Amiibo data yet?
There's a few entries on a certain website I will not specifically name, but the downloads themselves are greyed out.
Either they haven't been confirmed by staff, or Nintendo is blasting ass to protect their property.
Which if it's the latter, I completely understand considering the first dump was posted two days before official release.)

Reactions: Bimmel

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So is there anything special with the Wolf amiibo. I know it can store hearts or something from you performance in the cave according to beta64, but I mean is there anything special about the cave other than that? Curious as it just looks like a copy of the Cave of Ordeals, almost. I'm ok with spoilers.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There's a few entries on a certain website I will not specifically name, but the downloads themselves are greyed out.
Either they haven't been confirmed by staff, or Nintendo is blasting ass to protect their property.
Which if it's the latter, I completely understand considering the first dump was posted two days before official release.)
Yes, I did see that entry. I seems we gotta wait it out then.

So is there anything special with the Wolf amiibo. I know it can store hearts or something from you performance in the cave according to beta64, but I mean is there anything special about the cave other than that? Curious as it just looks like a copy of the Cave of Ordeals, almost. I'm ok with spoilers.
It seems more like a copy of the existing cave, only for the wolf form. Reward:
9999 wallet

The wolf itself just opens up the cave, but I don't know for sure.

A weird thing I've noticed: The shadow crystals are not shown when I receive them.. anyone else with this problem?

Last edited by Bimmel,

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

No problem. All the amiibo functions are shortly explained in this video by the way.

Yea, I've watched that already. The beta64 review just confused me on the heart thing. It seemed more like they were saying you could save hearts on your Wolf amiibo, rather than just a record of your remaining hearts on completion of the cave. I knew it opened the cave though, thats the main thing for it.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else notice some interesting loading problems in the Forest Temple?
Whenever I go between rooms, it locks the camera for about 2 seconds and I can see several object just pop in, then the game continues as normal.

I assume this is just another issue with small files?

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Whenever I go between rooms, it locks the camera for about 2 seconds and I can see several object just pop in, then the game continues as normal.

It stucks some seconds before I can move again after I go in another room - don't know about the popping objects though.

Could you report if the shadow crystal is visible when you receive it?

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

possibly. This game uses compressed files, so that coupled with loadiine and small files might be why. I haven't quite gotten there yet, as I'm testing a lot of things. cemu file logging shows that the extracted shaders file is read and loaded, so I will be attempting performance patches for the game. There are also room override commands we can look into, although im not sure what or if anything is available besides fog.

Last edited by EclipseSin,

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's gonna be a long time from now, but sure, I'll let you know when I can.
Thank you.

The amiibo we were looking for is now available on this certain site you mentioned.

I can confirm that it is working - playing the "new" dungeon right now.

Damn.. it won't let me go on. It seems you can only complete the dungeon if you make enough progress in the main game. Great.

Last edited by Bimmel,
Reactions: Irastris

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Did anyone find a way to get those loading times down at all?. I unpacked the original but noticed its no different than before.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone find a way to get those loading times down at all?. I unpacked the original but noticed its no different than before.
It's not gonna be possible until we get USB access.

It's the same deal as on a computer. If you copy one big file, it'll usually be pretty fast. But if you copy a ton of small files that add up to the same size, it'll take way, way longer. Pair that with that fact that the Wii U's SD slot is hideously under-powered, and you're in for a bad time.

But if we can get USB access, speeds would likely become way way better as the performance of the USB slots are miles better.

Reactions: Reecey

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel really sorry for the people that hate on Ryan, cause his dump works perfectly over here.
acoglm.jpg

jmavno.jpg

aurvvo.jpg

opjfls.jpg

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I feel really sorry for the people that hate on Ryan, cause his dump works perfectly over here.
Were there more then one dump before release? If not, I agree with you, because I have the same dump then. The game is working great. Playing through the water temple right now, having a blast. =)

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Got a lot of time on your hands or something? Lol.
I know I could never get that far in less than two days.
1 week vacation for the next week. And hey, I play since yesterday evening with good 8 hours sleep inbetween. : P

To be honest, I don't know what's gotten into me. I said goodbye to the series as I played Skyward Sword, just wanted to see how the HD looks on TP. I played the Wii version some years ago and stored it as "ok" game in my memory. There is always room for a surprise it seems. ;-)

Reactions: Reecey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Chronic The HempHog