Hacking Twilight Princess HD can already be played!

toastytwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yes, for future reference please check this page: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Loadiine_compatibility_list#Z

Yeah, thanks for the confirmation. I'm just trying to figure out why it isn't working for me and I haven't read specifically that it runs in MiiMaker mode.
But if that's not the problem i'm running out of options...

So, according to the wiki copying the two *.xml files to /code is only necessary in SSB-mode?

Last edited by toastytwo,

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, thanks for the confirmation. I'm just trying to figure out why it isn't working for me and I haven't read specifically that it runs in MiiMaker mode.
But if that's not the problem i'm running out of options...

So, according to the wiki copying the two *.xml files to /code is only necessary in SSB-mode?
Format your sd card and do a fresh install of this: https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases/tag/v0.2

This should work

For ssb you need the xml, but for mii maker it worked without them for me

Last edited by Wiiunator,

toastytwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I formated my card in 32k and 64k, and tried several versions of GX, including the newest one, of course...
But sadly nothing is working... only black screen and the GX music stops a few seconds later.

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I formated my card in 32k and 64k, and tried several versions of GX, including the newest one, of course...
But sadly nothing is working... only black screen and the GX music stops a few seconds later.
Uhmmm that's strange... No problem with any other games...? Do you have any other Sd card you could test it with...? Are you self hosting by the way..? Sometime doing a low level formatting with the sd formatter from the sd corporation and risize the cluster with guiformatter fixes problems if you haven't tried it yet

Last edited by Wiiunator,

toastytwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Other games on the card are fine, it's a Samsung UHS Class1 128gb.
But i'm gonna try another card just to be sure.
PMed you for another question, ok?

famouslutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Anyone having DSi errors or blackscreen may (if they're using something like jdownloader or whatever) wanna try turning auto-extract (or equivalent) off, and use WinRAR. That way the .gzip files that u need 4 the game 2 work won't get accidentally (auto) extracted; effectively corrupting the game. U prolly need 2 dl again, tho :( Anyway, just spitballing...

Reactions: toastytwo

toastytwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
interesting thought! I used JD auto extract and got a folder containing this:

upload_2016-3-5_2-19-37.png

(4462 Files, 116 Folders) without the two extra xml files

Does this look ok to you?

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
interesting thought! I used JD auto extract and got a folder containing this:

View attachment 41346
(4462 Files, 116 Folders) without the two extra xml files

Does this look ok to you?
Untitled.png

By the way, the XMLs provided by @Reecey have/had the titleid messed up. I think we're allowed to post XML's still, so here's the modified ones I use for gx2 (2/24/16). Sorry if we're not allowed anymore.

Thanks for the original XMLs, I just modified titleid and codesize. Works fine for me, same FPS dips DigitalFoundry reviewed.

Attachments

• ZTPHD_XML.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 203
Last edited by EclipseSin,

toastytwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, so something is seriously gone wrong with the file size! I'm downloading again right now!
Thank you for your patience folks, I'm pretty sure that's my problem!!!! :):D:lol::bow:
Gonna report back tomorrow, getting some shut eye now (nighty-night time in Europe)

[EDIT]
Who am I kidding? Can sleep later!
Now I'm gonna enjoy TP!!!!! It's working finally, JD messed up my files!
Kudos to famouslutt, good thinking!

Reactions: EclipseSin

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong but, Twilight Princess is the only game in history that natively runs on three different Nintendo consoles.
Well the original Super Mario Bros. runs on NES, SNES, and GBA natively.
I don't think it counts as being "native" if tons of work had to go into making it work on the different types of hardware.

Reactions: fraret

fraret

A puffin
Trophies
Website
localhost
XP
Country
I don't think it counts as being "native" if tons of work had to go into making it work on the different types of hardware.
I think for Twilight Princess we could say it does, as the wii and gc versions were released at the same time, and the wii U can be used to play wii games. This way Pikmin 1 & 2 also run natively on three consoles. The new Twilight HD, or WInd Waker HD, at least for me, can't be considered the original game, as they changed the graphics.

toastytwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Correct me if I'm wrong but, Twilight Princess is the only game in history that natively runs on three different Nintendo consoles.

Yeah, call EA and tell em that :rofl2:
If we include handhelds there's at least Fifa 07 (GC, DS, GBA) and Fifa 13 (Wii, WiiU, 3DS)
Oddly Fifa 14 & 15 were also released on Wii but not U :huh:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...