Hacking Twilight Princess HD can already be played!

frankGT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Loadings seem a bit long... (64kb clusters, class 10)
Other than that, game is working, no changes made. (5.3.2E, GX2 v0.1)

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No your right I don't think TP is that bad for me, its very playable and after a while you don't even notice it but by some comments it sounds like others are having issues with the loading times. I really was trying to find a way to fix it but yeah maybe Niti knows and will release a patch or something. I think the only other game with slow like loading times, very similar to TP I know about with loadiine, was MK8.

I read that Wonderful 101 is horrible - About 20 mins loading even with removing region specific folders. Perhaps that's gotten better with later Loadiine releases though.

infesto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was testing this just now but after I set my name etc.. and load the game i only get a balck screen. has anyone else had this?

I got it working. I made my own cos files up and it loads perfect in smash mode for me :) I cannot see an issue with any loading times.

Edit: ok its not perfect but takes about 5 seconds to load still very playable. Wow it looks so good in HD :)

I got the same problem, is it possible to send me your cos files to test ?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TL : DR

Does it help loading times any to unpack the shaders and other *.GZ files?

Reminds me of PS3 back up directories, you could increase compatibility and load times but un-archiving the PSARCH's.

supermalloch

Trophies
XP
Country
Also has anyone checked to see if Nintendo fixed the buffer overflow glitch in Eponas name? Twilight hack for wiiu? :P I'm thinking Nintendo wouldn't overlook such an obvious, and historically useful hack. It was also fixed on Wii. But im curious.

Last edited by supermalloch,

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TL : DR

Does it help loading times any to unpack the shaders and other *.GZ files?

Reminds me of PS3 back up directories, you could increase compatibility and load times but un-archiving the PSARCH's.
The game program is probably not looking for the uncompressed files so it wouldn't help to just leave them in there uncompressed. What could be done is to recompress the .gz files with no compression, but there seems to be an encrypted file size file which would probably also have to be edited to update the new file sizes, otherwise the game would probably refuse to run

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why do i want to be on 5.4 and not 5.3.2?
This game works fine on 5.3.2 no spoofing required.
I meant in general as a firmware to be on.

Um, what? Why? No.
The web exploit on 5.4+ is more stable and successful, and all useful homebrew has already been ported to 5.4, you'd be hard pressed to find anything that doesn't work on 5.4. So there's no reason to stay on 5.3.2 if you can be on a higher exploitable firmware. And most people are targeting 5.4 for kernel based homebrew now. There's nothing "lawl" about it.

Last edited by Kakkoii,
Reactions: lonemoonHD

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's nothing "lawl" about it.

Pointless argument, but updating is not something I am interested in and would likely cause more work in changing my exploits over to work with 5.4 rather than the ones I have for 5.3.2. With this logic, it's like saying I should update my 9.0 sysNAND 3DS to 9.2 because everything works the same, but really it can end up causing more headache if not done correctly. If IOSU is released and only works for 5.5.1, then sure I'll update, but for now there's no point in even attempting to update at all.

D

Deleted User

A lot of people got the game shipped a day or two early. Meanwhile, gamestop barely shipped mine today and its not coming untill next week

Reactions: KiiWii

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For people who want to play this on Cemu, you're doing it all wrong. Tomoya's fan remake of the gamecube game is going to look 5 times better than this.

Reactions: VinsCool

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
For people who want to play this on Cemu, you're doing it all wrong. Tomoya's fan remake of the gamecube game is going to look 5 times better than this.

It looks nice, but it doesn't preserve the original style of the game's art. Plus you need a very powerful computer to run it like he does in the video.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Music format looks to be ast format which i believe can be edited similar to gamecube version! So custom music works!

Use this http://kuribo64.net/board/thread.php?id=658

Then convert away!

Edit: File format seems to be very similar for levels and such too. Maybe twilight princess tools where you can edit levels will work the same.

Last edited by KillzXGaming,

luan43

Trophies
XP
Country
running this on a japanese wii u makes the game run in japanese, renaming or deleting jp files makes it crash at the splash screen.

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
loading time varies greatly for me depending on the location as mentioned before... 10 to 20 sec with a transcend 64gig USH-1 level 3 formatted at 64K cluster.. gets pretty annoying after a while, tested on 5.3.2 with loading GX 2 0.2, with app and cos.xml from Reecey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    _Snow_ @ _Snow_: Thank you.