Twilight Menu++ Failed to apply 4 FIRM patches

newuser1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I am trying to start Twilight Menu++ and then an error occured: Failed to apply 4 FIRM patches. What should I do? I did reinstall twilight menu but it doesn't help. Also I added ds game via nds forwarder and tried to run it but the same error (FIRM patches) occurs.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to start Twilight Menu++ and then an error occured: Failed to apply 4 FIRM patches. What should I do? I did reinstall twilight menu but it doesn't help. Also I added ds game via nds forwarder and tried to run it but the same error (FIRM patches) occurs.
Can you play any DS game by any means? Original cart, flashcart etc.?
What about 3DS games?
I'm asking 'cause if you can't, it could be that the DS functionality is broken. And there's a way to fix that.
Also, if you're using YANBF to make fowarders, you wouldn't need TWilightMenu installed on your system for it to work..

newuser1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Can you play any DS game by any means? Original cart, flashcart etc.?
What about 3DS games?
I'm asking 'cause if you can't, it could be that the DS functionality is broken. And there's a way to fix that.
Also, if you're using YANBF to make fowarders, you wouldn't need TWilightMenu installed on your system for it to work..
I do not have any DS games on physical cards. And yes, I can play any 3ds games (i got them installed via hshop). What is YANBF?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you please describe the steps to reproduce? I have 3ds for 2 days, I am a newbie here :)
Click on system settings/ internet settings/ Nintendo DS connections. If you see an error of any kind or just a black screen, means the DS functionality is broken. If not, then it could be something else.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

newuser1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Click on system settings/ internet settings/ Nintendo DS connections. If you see an error of any kind or just a black screen, means the DS functionality is broken. If not, then it could be something else.
Well, I did this and the same error (4 FIRM patches) is reproduced. What should I do?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the best way to play DS games on 3DS? Using nds forwarder or Twilight menu?
There's no best way, with TWilightMenu++ you just run nds files without the need of installing them, same DSi games. But with forwarders, you have to install them to the home menu, and there's a limit to how much you can install iirc. Performance is the same btw.
So at the end of the day, choose whatever best for you.

Reactions: Pk11 and newuser1

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's no best way, with TWilightMenu++ you just run nds files without the need of installing them, same DSi games. But with forwarders, you have to install them to the home menu, and there's a limit to how much you can install iirc. Performance is the same btw.
So at the end of the day, choose whatever best for you.
They both use nds-bootstrap under the bonnet, so they both work the same way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL