Hacking [Tutorial] Using many, kinds of different mod(packs) in Sm4sh

EstPC13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
This tutorial will teach you two methods of using many mods or modpacks in Sm4sh:
1- Using 1 Modpack as your base game in Sm4sh and adding unpacked mods to it
2- Using multiple workspace folders containing your different mod(packs)

First off:
1-Get a dump of your games code,meta folders and the Is File, these are just 3 or so mb (important if you want to use method 1, if you want to use method 2, you need a full game dump and is recommended that you have one, dump it with ddd, or download it from that site you filthy pirate )
2- If you want to use method 1, your modpack MUST be packed (all of them are, I'm just sayin')
3-Get Sm4shExplorer (seriously if you don't already have it....)

...I'm lost. I get I'm supposed to use the command prompt but I'm not getting good results...
Well then, do the following:
1.Download ddd
2.Right-click when inside folder, select new text file
3.Type the following (no "): "titledumper.exe vol/content/path/to/whatever/itshouldbeshorterthanthisdependsonthefile C:/location/to/the/folder/you/want/it/dumped"
4.Make sure it's Xactly like that, but with your path
5. If you dump the whole game, sit down, drink some coffee,play some Games, order in, and check if it's done

Method 1: Using your modpack as a separate game dump

What we will do here is that, let's take TS4M' Modpack for example (anyon ethat knows me know why;)), copy the ls File, the meta and code folders from your dump to the folder containing your Modpack (Do not copy the dt00,01 files since they are not necessary, and really big, and Don't okay, Jeez), at the end it should look like a game dump with content,code and meta, Sm4shExplorer will believe so (oh silly program;)).

Now open Sm4shExplorer, and delete the sm4shmod.xml file, and if you already had a workspace folder with mods, drag it outside, and let it create a new one.
Now you have your Modpack as a game dump, congratulations, now go get banned online or from your friend's house because they hate it!

IMPORTANT: This is kind off EXTREMELY important, take this mod for example (I have no relation to it, it's just the first one me and my lazy ass found:rofl:): http://gamebanana.com/maps/190932 , if you want to use this mod or any other stage mods, you need to add the vanilla stage files to your game dump (example, this stage replaces melee/Pupupuland64_f, you need to dump from your game the original Pupupuland files and copy them to the right folder in your moodpack folder.

KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN WITH ALL STAGE MODS, IT'S REALLY QUITE RANDOM, IT DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH THE MOD REPLACES

Advantages of this method:
  • You only need to dump like 3 mb of the game, not a full game dump
  • Faster building times in Sm4shExplorer, since it only has to process what you replaced
Disadvantages:
  • The missing file thing, it can get tedious if you use a lot of stage mods.:wink:

Method 2: Using multiple workspace folders for your mod(Packs):

If your modpack is packed, like most, you'll have to get an unpacked version with Sm4shExplorer, it's a one time thing, and it doesn't take long

To do this, you need to do the beginning of method 1:

What we will do here is that, let's take TS4M' Modpack for example, copy the ls File, the meta and code folders from your dump to the folder containing your Modpack (Do not copy the dt00,01 files since they are not necessary, and really big), at the end it should look like a game dump with content,code and meta, Sm4shExplorer will believe so (oh silly program;)).

Then after, point Sm4shExplorer to that dump, and right click extract all the 4 folders (data, dataus_en,data_us_fr and data us_sp)

It will give you a lot of missing file errors, but that's a good thing, it means you did it right.

Now in the extract folder, put all the files inside content on a new workspace folder (it should look like this, Sm4shExplorerfolderinyourpcitcanhavespacesbutyoulookfunnytryingtoreadthis/content/all the data folders) now delete sm4shmod.xml, and reopen sm4sh explorer and point it to your actual game dump, and once you open it, you will see a lot of filenames in green, you can add or remove whatever you want (idk you do you, add anything, google fucknobrawlvault for ideas:rofl:)then hit BUILD THE MOD and you will have the packed mod, now you can swap the workspace folder with the one for absolutely any other modpack. Congrats!

Advantages:
  • More organized unpacked modpacks, you can add or remove anything
  • No problems with adding mods, since this is based in a vanilla game dump
Disadvantages:
  • Longer building times in Sm4shEpxlorer (IMPORTANT: In theory this can be skipped, by once you unpack your mod and put it in the sd card, delete the workspace folder and start adding things and drag them to sd, this would lead to lightning fast builiding times, but I have not tested it, it might crash with the resource files, it's very likely)
  • THE END

Thank you for reading, and if you have problems then gtfo this is not a help thread

Last edited by EstPC13,

DreamSora100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dumping part. The 3mb one. Also, how do character mods work? Does it need to be packed first? Plus, I don't understand :blush:sm4sh explorer

EstPC13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
The dumping part. The 3mb one. Also, how do character mods work? Does it need to be packed first? Plus, I don't understand :blush:sm4sh explorer
You could check out the ddd thread to dump, the path is vol/content/ls and vol/content/dt00, also dt01, plus the files from your Modpack, I'll update the tutorial

EstPC13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Is there any way I can dump it to my flash drive?
Yes, here's a quick tut on it:
1.Download ddd
3.Type the following (no "): "titledumper.exe vol/content/path/to/whatever/itshouldbeshorterthanthisdependsonthefile C:/location/to/the/folder/you/want/it/dumped"
5. If you dump the whole game, sit down, drink some coffee,play some Games, order in, and check if it's done

DreamSora100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How
Yes, here's a quick tut on it:
1.Download ddd
Long does it take roughly ? 3 or 4 hours? What file?

Last edited by DreamSora100,

EstPC13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Long does it take roughly ? 3 or 4 hours? What file?[/QUOTE]
You can dump your whole game (which in the long run, is the best option), by typing vol/ and nothing else, it'd take 5/6 hours depending on your internet

DreamSora100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok
Long does it take roughly ? 3 or 4 hours? What file?
You can dump your whole game (which in the long run, is the best option), by typing vol/ and nothing else, it'd take 5/6 hours depending on your internet[/QUOTE]
I'll let you know when I get to that part

TGPx31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Then after, point Sm4shExplorer to that dump, and right click extract all the 4 folders (data, dataus_en,data_us_fr and data us_sp)"​

How do you extract the data folders? mine doesn't let me do that via smashexplorer

TGPx31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now in the extract folder, put all the files inside content on a new workspace folder (it should look like this, Sm4shExplorerfolderinyourpcitcanhavespacesbutyoulookfunnytryingtoreadthis/content/all the data folders) now delete sm4shmod.xml, and reopen sm4sh explorer and point it to your actual game dump, and once you open it, you will see a lot of filenames in green, you can add or remove whatever you want (idk you do you, add anything, google fucknobrawlvault for ideas:rofl:)then hit BUILD THE MOD and you will have the packed mod, now you can swap the workspace folder with the one for absolutely any other modpack. Congrats!

So the newly extracted hierarchy is smashexplorer/content/datafolders or is it smashexplorer/workspace/content/datafolders ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-