Hacking [Tutorial] Sm4sh Changing CSS, Custom Sounds Per Costume, and More! Mega Thread!

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On smashcustommusic.com there sotra is once you save a song.

Ok for some reason i cannot change the icons of the DLC on the character select screen after making them not DLC so i could move them any idea why i've made sure i've edited the correct files

Last edited by AyanamiRei0,

KillzXGaming

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok for some reason i cannot change the icons of the DLC on the character select screen after making them not DLC so i could move them any idea why i've made sure i've edited the correct files
when they aren't DLC they go in the chr folder rather than the append one/

AyanamiRei0

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't even change them after i removed my custom CSS is chr_10 are they the correct files

Alright i've figured it out turns out the DLC has a append folder in data(xx_xx)/ui/replace/append/chr and that's what control the CSS icons for DLC

Last edited by AyanamiRei0,

KillzXGaming

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to do a tutorial on ABGR_8888/A8B8G8R8 format used for stock, battle portaits, ect. Want to make one as simple as possible so i will also include pics and stuff too with as few steps needed.

AyanamiRei0

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok i made a custom CSP but after putting it in my game it just locks up on the character select screen any idea why that could be happening?

KillzXGaming

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i made a custom CSP but after putting it in my game it just locks up on the character select screen any idea why that could be happening?
Did you put it in the right format?
DXT5 for ch13. ect.
Did you put it in right location?
Data(Language)/yu/replace for PAL.

AyanamiRei0

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah all that stuff it's correct i've already made a custom Mega Man CSP before this one i just don't know what's causing this and that directory is wrong for chr13 CSP's go in the same directory as NTSC

PsychoticDust

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone help me? I tried to change the voice for Cloud and now he has no sound at all! I'm really new to this.

These are the files I have: http://imgur.com/kuql0js

I put them in his fighter folder, where the original sounds were but it didn't work. If someone could type up an dummy proof guide, I would be really grateful, as I can't seem to find a voice specific tutorial online. If it's important, I am playing my backup copy via SD card and loadiine. Thank you.

Last edited by PsychoticDust,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That'll be fixed in the next update