ROM Hack [Tutorial][SaveDatafiler/Ninjhax] Pokémon Shuffle: SaveEdit

Cloudisfast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I did, but it's been a day already and I'm not sure I can restore it, I keep hearing about secure values and corrupted saves, as much as possible I'd like to minimize the risk of data corruption.

This is just a theory, but I think this might work.

If your save says it's corrupted, agree to the message deleting your file, and then make sure the new file has saved. Back up the new save file, and then find the secure value (screenshot attached) and add that secure value to your old save that it kept saying was corrupted, and then import it. Again, I haven't tested it but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
secure value.png

EDIT: Yeah just tried this myself because my saves kept getting corrupted. DOES NOT WORK.

Last edited by Cloudisfast,

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's interesting. Any attempt to use Save Data Manager to restore the old save crashes it back to the Homebrew Main menu. The previously hacked save remains. Could it be SDM auto detects it's an old save with an old secure value?

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

If your save says it's corrupted, agree to the message deleting your file, and then make sure the new file has saved. Back up the new save file, and then find the secure value (screenshot attached) and add that secure value to your old save that it kept saying was corrupted, and then import it. Again, I haven't tested it but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

It doesn't work at all :D Thanks :D

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country

When I stated that this might be the secure value, I was confused and thought the secure value was 4 bytes long, but it is actually 8 bytes long. It doesn't seem like this is the secure value, but just a counter of how many times the game has saved.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For those who've got savedata corrupted recently using save_manager homebrew, to fix corrupted savedata you have to have your old savedata backup (or savedata from your friend, other sources etc...)

1. Try to make savedata corrupted by messing with hex values. Import to Shuffle then play the game and reformat save game when asked.
2. Backup the empty savedata to the game using save_manager
3. Using hex editor select and copy Offset 0 to 46 from the empty savedata backup, paste exactly the same offsets to your old savedata backup.
4. Import edited savedata to the game using save_manager
5. Profit

Tested and worked.

securevalue.png

Last edited by thaikhoa,

OvejaX

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi everyone! My english is preety bad, but i discover something.

savedata.bin must be the only file in the savedatabackup folder. It works for me.

Si algún hispanohablante me puede ayudar a traducir, se lo agradecería.

Si funciona el archivo *.py, pero por alguna extraña razón, si tienes un save de otro juego (Rumble, ORAS o XY) te tira error. Ayer estuve toda la noche intentando y me daba éste error

vRrg4jI.png

También quise intentarlo con mi save de OR y me salía algo parecido

e4Dg9mA.jpg

Borré la carpeta savedatabackup de la SD, usé save manager, parché el bin y...

y3CWtQN.jpg

Cloudisfast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
For those who've got savedata corrupted recently using save_manager homebrew, to fix corrupted savedata you have to have your old savedata backup.

1. Try to make savedata corrupted by messing with hex values. Import to Shuffle then play the game and reformat save game when asked.
3. Using hex editor select and copy Offset 0 to 46 from the empty savedata backup, paste exactly the same offsets to your old savedata backup.
5. Profit

This works, but it leaves me at level 6, the pidgey stage no matter what save I use.. huh

Practicum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been able to make it work properly but, once I have used all of my Megaturbos, I have done the same process again but there are no more Megaturbos! Can anyone please help me with this? Everything else works properly but no Megaturbos :'(

Last edited by Practicum,

Cloudisfast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Is anyone else having the problem where the save file that's backed up is always a lot older than what's actually going on in the game?

Okay now I'm getting this and it won't go away

SkH1V

Senoue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try to edit it manually. Replace the byte at 0x2d4b and set it to 0x31, this will give you 98/99 lives.

Indeed, I would not use the Python script. Setting everything to 0xff it's a bad idea, you may be killing some important bits or glitching the savegame.
What other things should I change for other things? Like what if I want max coins?

Edit: My save file is now corrupted

Last edited by Senoue,

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
This works, but it leaves me at level 6, the pidgey stage no matter what save I use.. huh

I have been able to make it work properly but, once I have used all of my Megaturbos, I have done the same process again but there are no more Megaturbos! Can anyone please help me with this? Everything else works properly but no Megaturbos :'(
And that's why I said it's not a good idea to touch unknown bytes.

owamugen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those who've got savedata corrupted recently using save_manager homebrew, to fix corrupted savedata you have to have your old savedata backup (or savedata from your friend, other sources etc...)

5. Profit

Tested and worked.

View attachment 24390

Thanks for testing, my corrupted save is now working again.

AlphaSapphire

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For 99'999 Gold/Coins and 150 Diamonds, 99 Bonus and 99 MegaSpeedup with any save backup from SaveDataFiler or the Ninjhax SaveDataTool here with Pokémon Shuffle.
Tested and also runs on the latest 1.2.14 release.

!!! ALWAYS MAKE A CLEAN BACKUP OF YOUR SAVEFILE BEFORE !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For SaveDataFiler users:

1) Download Pokémon Shuffle Save Patcher.
2) Start the exploit that you use to use SaveDataFiler.
3) In the User tab, scroll down until you find the line 01410. Highlight this line in yellow.
4) Press Y to export the save, and A to confirm.
5) Close SaveDataFiler and turn off your 3DS.
6) Put the SD in the PC.

7) At the root of your SD, navigate to the following folder:
E:\filer\UserSaveData\<DATE>\00001410

7) Put the Python Script here. Drag&Drop the savedata.bin on the Python Script. Wait. Delete the Python Script. Or move it somewhere else.
If you want the OffSets, here: 6A, D1, D2, D3, D4, D5, D6, D7 and 2D4C. The values to these OffSets are destined to be replaced by FF.

8) Remove the old savedata.bin file, and replace it with the new one you just modified.
9) Start the exploit that you use to use SaveDataFiler, and start SaveDataFiler.
10) In the User tab, scroll down until you find the line 01410. Highlight this line in yellow.
11) Press R+X at the same time to delete the Secure Value (Important), then A to confirm the deletion.

12) In the SD tab, scroll down until highlight this line:
user : <DATE> : 00001410

13) Highlight this line. Whatever the numbers, you must highlight the line with 00001410.
14) Press R+A at the same time to import the modified save, then A to confirm.

For Ninjhax SaveDataTool users:
For now, I can't have the tool working...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check your game.

For those who've got savedata corrupted recently using the SaveManager homebrew:
@thaikhoa said:

5. Profit

Tested and worked:
1441214748-securevaluefix.png

99'999 Gold/Coins
150 Diamonds
99 Bonus
99 MegaSpeedup

If you do not have this value, simply use a unit value for make it back to the real number you have.
Repeat the process if you want.

Thanks to @Brewzip for the Offsets.
Thanks to @Doumekxkai for the Python Script.[/URL]
Thanks to my friend for the Windows Version.
does this work with the hombrew save

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Since nobody's posted this here yet...a better python script was posted to 4chan's shuffle thread yesterday: http://pastebin.com/HJQFnwnx

I assume these placeholder data for non-released Pokémon will be overwritten at each update... thanks anyway

I would just like to have every Pokémon released until now, not including non-released Mons...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah they gotta reproduce somehow